Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 768 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rF2 Wishlist - Various Sources

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Since XML file is text format, most (if not all) required by you information are saved into XML result files.
    You can also write a plugin in easy way to save data in whatever-you-want format.

I'm talking about rf1, but there is no reason to cut those information off in rf2

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Any chance of see something like the (Race2Play Setup Developer 3.0) built into the game to teach how to and what to adjust
    based on the driver answering questions about how the car handled in the default settings.
    http://www.virtualr.net/race2play-se...-3-0-released/
    The only issue i have with the race to play software is that i have to tab out of the game to use it.
    If something like this could be incorporated it gets over one of the issues that someone coming into sim racing has in that they
    don't know where to start in adjusting the car to suit their driving and it can make it frustrating for them.
    If people know that there is something in game to help them learn it would seem to me at least to broaden the appeal of the genre
    plus increase the amount of good fast drivers who know the limits of the car they are driving.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Something came to my mind yesterday.. new cars with injectors cut's the fuel while slowing down. but old ones, with carburetors are dosing the fuel constantly like in LPG vacuum systems. This affects fuel usage while braking (on gear), and how fast the engine is slowing down. So how about simulating such a "phenomenon" ?
    Sorry for my bad english

PC Specification 

Oct 2010
    I'm not sure if this has been mentioned but it would be nice to have starting from pitlane in a race less of a penalty. In RF 1 it seems that you are released once the 1st car crosses the 1st timing sector. It would be great if there was another way to calculate a pit lane start...maybe just based on time after the green has dropped or something else that reduces the time penalty currently in RF1.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: SimRacingPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    In real life usually pitlight goes green when the the last car starting from a grid, pass a pit exit line.

PC Specification 

I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad, the dreams of RBR are the best I've ever had.
    Last edited by CdnRacer; 03-23-11 at 06:29 PM.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    RBR is somewhere 6,5 years old and still kicking. If we get that physics in rfactor i promise to make at least one new gravel rally track. Too big hopes maybe but at this point the hope is all i have until we get some more info about this matter

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    if rF2 wants to do classic racing better than any other game.. The ISI team really need to watch this video.

Gore isn't the goal. The horror of classic racing is.

PC Specification 

Oct 2010
    Wish(need)list:
    - catadioptre material for tracks and several endurance (or classic) cars;
    - changeable driver animation, not like where pedals and drivers mesh base are, but also distance between drivers arms (steering wheel radius) (this one SB guys missed badly), to put driver properly in modern prototype with smaller racing wheel and tight cockpit. + option between H shifter and shifting padles;
    - wiper rotation angle (something similar to rF1 needles description would be fine);
    - big one: undercar shadows during night, when oponent drives behind (closely) and illuminates back of car (please keep in mind headlights are not 1 mm above ground, and can't illuminate undercar).

P.s. I doubt someone from ISI team will read and note this, but I'm optimist

Apr 2011
    I'd like to see the ability to start a race weekend/session from a desktop shortcut (either by passing in command-line options to the main executable or better yet, a configurable XML/INI file) for quick start of often-run sessions without having to go through the whole intro & menu selection process.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I hope cars in rF2 will be described in more systematic way.
    It should make possible to recognize car model not only by veh file (from result files). IMO, result files should contain: CarClass, CarConstructor (optionaly), CarModel (required), CarNumber (required), TeamName (required).
    I would also like to see possibility to change TeamName and CarNo in easy way by a competing driver. Thanks to this those data will be reported by game independently on veh files content

All data I'[m talking about should be available in result files and by plugin API.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Apr 2011
    Update Releases:
    Knowing now that this is a planned strategy going forward to incremental improvements is great. When appropriate, communicate to the rFactor community what makes it into the next update.

Damage Model:

- Visual damage improvements are of course great to hear about. Hope this makes it into the release. I only use an in-cockpit only view so fender, wheel arch, and rear end damage will not be seen in race but still makes for great video replays when viewed from external camera positions. In cockpit damage such as doors falling off [RBR] and broken windscreen [RBR] however would be great and have been done before.

- The cost of crashing however is where I'd hope for noticable effects of damage. Big impacts results in 'end of race' in most cases [even if you can limp back to the pits] and rF2 should in my view simulate this without worry. Less big impacts leave you running but perhaps with addition vibrations to contend with or less rear end stability or whatever is appropriate.

In cases where impact force is minor [ a mere paint trading situation ], the player should really have a feeling of 'crikey, I was lucky there !!'

This certainly would improve racing especially amongst the more serious and expert league and club drivers who have a good attitude already but it may encourage the less matured and seasoned racers to step up and improve their skills.

It'll likely piss off the innocent car in front when rammed by the 'rammer' on the first turn but public servers will always be like that unfortuantely and league and club servers already have processes to deal with such problem individuals.

Mod Community support

We all appreciate all the work the mod community does. Whether it's a small or large mod, without ISI providing the capabilty to modders and without the modders' own motivation to develop and improve the game, I for one would not have enjoyed rF1 as much as I did.

Mod devs ...

I would ask the mod community to try and better organise the release of mods [cars, tracks helments, skins etc] so that the rFactor community as a whole can more easily take advantage of your great work.

ISI devs ...

Where ISI may have a role to assist with this 'standardistation' for want of a better word, I would ask ISI to support this and provide direction and guidence.

Through these mods, rF2's life span will be stretched just as is still the case with rF1.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by theother5 View Post
    Visual damage improvements are of course great to hear about. Hope this makes it into the release. I only use an in-cockpit only view so fender, wheel arch, and rear end damage will not be seen in race....
    I'm sure you are able to see damage of other cars. You forgot about it.

Quote Originally Posted by theother5 View Post
    Big impacts results in 'end of race' in most cases [even if you can limp back to the pits] and rF2 should in my view simulate this without worry.
    It may be done in rF1 without problems. Only one issue are modders who allows cars to survive 200kmph crash.
    Currently we have developed GT mod which behaves quite like real car: 60kmph hit in a wall ends up with no front of the car. If you seen car crash tests you will know what I mean.
    There are still contacts between cars possible, but most of hits on walls/barriers may finish a race.
    So again: ask modders to make mods more real.

However I agree that there are w lot things to improve.
    best regards

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Possibility to save own (free)camera position during the replays.

That would be graet.

Newer Member
    Apr 2011
    64 bit version??

Would love to see a 64 bit version like most (if not all) consoles have to take advantage of memory over 4GB. At least 64bit plugins for 3dsmax

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Right I can remember writing/reading this at some point, but I'm struggling to remember where, so without further ado...

Wish: Allow people to join a server in a race session as a spectator.

Detail: Unless locked down by a admin setting, people should be able to join a public server during a race, either as a spectator from the UI as a minimum - no loading of cars into the garage to avoid server stress. Or additionally as a drivable ghost car, that you can drive around and setup as normal (client side), but while being completely invisible to others and crucially not affecting the network of those who are actively racing, although server data must be sent and received for this to work. [Low priority threading?]

In theory, it should put an end to long periods of waiting between races. But with the bonus of having a ghost car, keeping occupied, allowing you to test your pace with others on track. Much like how Trackmania races are designed to work without collisions on.

Have a nice day ISI.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbonfibre View Post
    Wish: Allow people to join a server in a race session as a spectator.
    Expanding this request, I would like to see some proxy server for spectators. It would be very easy to realize such thing (and even written as multi platform). Just server will be send data constantly, and each spectator will get data from proxy. It makes possible to not overload game server, allowing to connect number of spectators limited only by proxy machine power. It is also safe: in case of proxy failure - racing event will be not affected with this. Additionally such kind of proxy would provide telemetry data for engineers, results data for live view results etc.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    I've got some wish to cameras
    a TV camera attached to a pit spot when car will pit there, something like this i've made while ago:

it could be turn on when the car will be near his pit place and only this one he pits, static or moving.

Also something like shaking TV cameras, not when a car drives near them, something like Gran Turismo have.
    Sorry for my bad english

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    This weekend I was watching the Indy race here in Sao Paulo and cought my self wondering if the damage system of rFactor 2 will improve the wheel/suspension damage on open-wheelers.

Wheels and/or suspensions flying altogether, or not receiving any visual damage at all.

*Probably someone discussed this before, but let's face it, come back and search every page is a s***