Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Release Date - Date 2011?

Registered
    Nov 2011
    SWEET! ..F1-S-R released new material for rF1!

..LONG LIVE rF1!

..and it was FREE TO DOWNLOAD!

..NO NEED FOR 13 BUCKS PER YEAR!

..NO NEED FOR A MOD CONTROLLER!

..I HAVE NO MISMATCHES AT ALL!

thanks f1-s-r... great job!

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by rci808 View Post
    SWEET! ..F1-S-R released new material for rF1!

..LONG LIVE rF1!

..and it was FREE TO DOWNLOAD!

..NO NEED FOR 13 BUCKS PER YEAR!

..NO NEED FOR A MOD CONTROLLER!

..I HAVE NO MISMATCHES AT ALL!

thanks f1-s-r... great job!

Registered
    Nov 2011
    wow Cdn------, you are ----.
    Last edited by Tim Wheatley; 12-17-11 at 01:32 PM. Reason: no need for that

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Whilst I'm hopeful of a 2011 Beta release I wont be surprised if its missed (and wont blame them), I could dream up a thousand scenarios as to why but I'll post just one that could mean the Beta wont come until Jan or Feb:

Gjon: "do I press the Red Button now and work all Xmas & New Year? or enjoy some time off with family and friends over the festive period and wait until next year?....hmmmmm"
    Tim: "Dunno mate, but whatever you do hurry up and decide cos that meteorite is getting closer!!"

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Hi,

oki its one week to go and we have Christmas time. Tim, some info were be nice ! Is there any chance for an release this year ?

And if it is only a little info!

greets

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @Martin_Keets 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Tim's hardly posted for weeks. A while back he was on all the time.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Crunch Time :

The interval of time immediately before a project is due, when it becomes apparent that the schedule has slipped and everyone is going to have to work like dogs to try to complete the project in time. Crunch time usually occurs during the period between the next-to-last scheduled milestone (prior to which everyone was able to delude themselves tht the schedule had NOT slipped) and the final deadline for delivery. During crunch time, workers are in crunch mode. Prevalent in the software industry, but used elsewhere as well.

"We've got three weeks left to complete six weeks worth of work. Looks like we'll be living on take-out for a while."

I hope this wednesday statement doesnt mean 3 weeks...

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Other than Gjon addressing all the modding system questions, no one from ISI is giving updates or answering questions.

Registered
    Dec 2010
    I do not know what the problem with the closed beta but I increasingly rely less when he leaves. I guess the next rumor will be for spring 2012

I do not like to be on Tim's situation today

Registered
    Nov 2010
    I'll be positive for one post :

- Tim did say he was hopeful for 'driving before christmas' and that there would not be any more news if there was nothing to report (paraphrasing)

- the Facebook post saying 'crunch time' surely wouldnt have been posted if we were a long way off the beta?

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    'crunch time' = Xmas shoping...
    'driving before christmas' = I drive my own real car.

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by sg333 View Post
    Other than Gjon addressing all the modding system questions, no one from ISI is giving updates or answering questions.

The big man himself is posting in here and you and others say you're not hearing enough from ISI. This is really becoming laughable. Use your better judgment. Do you think it will be out next week? If not then move on. Even if it were to be released are you going to be using rF2 much over the next couple of weeks? Well I suppose if you're unfortunate enough not to have a family then maybe but in that case I'll suggest skyrim. lol.

My prediction is we won't see rF2 until February.

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #393
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by Hoschi View Post
    Hi,

oki its one week to go and we have Christmas time. Tim, some info were be nice ! Is there any chance for an release this year ?

And if it is only a little info!

greets
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcG View Post
    Gjon: "do I press the Red Button now and work all Xmas & New Year? or enjoy some time off with family and friends over the festive period and wait until next year?....hmmmmm"Tim: "Dunno mate, but whatever you do hurry up and decide cos that meteorite is getting closer!!"

I believe we will be at release candidate (RC of open beta) stage at the point where I hoped we would be at the actual release of the open beta stage. Gjon has said that he doesn't want to put the staff and testers through having to manage a release over the holiday period, so it is getting likely to be shortly after the holidays rather than shortly before. Although the reason why there's no news is because there isn't absolute certainty yet. To quote Gjon, there's a 49% chance of releasing before the holidays, 51% shortly after.

We have a new video in production titled 'physics' (being made by the same person who made the Monaco promo). I'll post that as soon as I can. Right now my licensing work is taking up a bit more time that I would like, so I am often only visiting here when a post gets reported at the moment.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Hi Tim,

many thanxs for this Info !
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that the DEV TEAM reached the open beta phase....

A week or two does not really matter, everything is stable is important for a good beta test.

greets

Registered
    Oct 2010
    sounds just fine to me Tim, reckon ISI should have a mini-xmas break as no doubt next year is gonna be busier than ever for you guys!
    New video sounds good, but as you've said before Physics in a Video is not exactly easy to capture, lets just hope it pleases the doubters until the Beta arrives eh!?!

many thanks for the update much appreciated by me at least

(right thats enough kissing of bottoms, back to SW:TOR!)

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    (Excuse my english)

I think it's not serious all this "playing" with the release dates. Personally i'm getting tired of nothing more concrete. Not "angry" or something like that, but losing interest instead.

I know too that this is a simulator, and can carry more delay than a "normal" game, but all this "release date stuff" started to be boring a while ago...
    Excuse my english, it's not very accurate

Newer Member
    Oct 2011
    Well, a little bit disappointment with this last info, (49% vs 51% it's the same like anyone says yes but no). Anyway al least we've got a official post and it's better this situation compared with yesterday.

Thanks Tim for that and i hope that all team has a happy Xmas xD

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Thanks Tim. Either way, i guess we are almost there

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @Martin_Keets 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    I am often only visiting here when a post gets reported at the moment.
    Must report posts...

More likely January then. Ah well, was hoping for before the hols but it's not the end of the world.
    Happy holidays.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    I believe we will be at release candidate (RC of open beta) stage at the point where I hoped we would be at the actual release of the open beta stage. Gjon has said that he doesn't want to put the staff and testers through having to manage a release over the holiday period, so it is getting likely to be shortly after the holidays rather than shortly before. Although the reason why there's no news is because there isn't absolute certainty yet. To quote Gjon, there's a 49% chance of releasing before the holidays, 51% shortly after.

We have a new video in production titled 'physics' (being made by the same person who made the Monaco promo). I'll post that as soon as I can. Right now my licensing work is taking up a bit more time that I would like, so I am often only visiting here when a post gets reported at the moment.
    Thank you Tim for the explanation. I think the logically thinking people among us would have been really surprised if ISI had embarked on a release of the open beta before the holidays. Who has a little bit brain can assume that ISI staff also have a family and have the right to a Merry Christmas and do not need to be available for support.

I also know people who yesterday write,

So, the interested among you can ever warm up I just paid for and waiting for have dl-link.
    The price is 34.99 Euronen. You can also purchase a Lifetime license for 64,99.
    Thus, the annual payments would be abolished. (I'm glad that we got through that.)

I give you message, when the official sale starts.
    and are not afraid that they kidding their own community and make fun of other people that they have no idea of it.

I wish the whole ISI team a Merry Christmas and happy holidays
    and look forward to the beta even in January 2012