Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Release Date - Date 2011?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #121
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by Vince Klortho View Post
    Maybe not all modders but my team certainly does. Few of us have the latest and greatest machines and we try to make stuff that runs well on our own machines. For an added challenge, we make cars from older endurance racing series that had fifty or more cars on the grid regularly. This means we place serious constraints on our work so it isn't always going to be of the very highest level of detail but we try to make it look as good as possible while remaining within our budget. I wish more teams would take this approach but these days it seems that very few do. Oh well.
    We've gone a bit higher with some cars than others, usually the licensed ones are a bit higher than the 'grid fillers' which are the generics. But they're all still within a performance range that we're really happy with. Maybe you'll be filling the grids up for us as we've been looking hard at the older cars (which are often WAY more fun to drive because they aren't stuck to the track).

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Maybe we will and that does sound fun Tim. The cars we are working on had massive wings and air dams so lots of downforce but the tires are around 30 years old so not the grip of today's even though they were very wide. I guess we'll see.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    111 users online - probably because some friends thought that might bring a striking a release date

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    1st of November and no beta yet? "TBA 2011" will be cutting it close...

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sg333 View Post
    1st of November and no beta yet? "TBA 2011" will be cutting it close...
    Willing to bet a 2011 release actually wont actually happen.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010

PC Specification 

Registered
    Apr 2011

Cool

Post #127

As Sgt. Oddball saying in Kelly's Heros ..... "Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizardfolk View Post
    Willing to bet a 2011 release actually wont actually happen.
    How much? I need some free cash for an upgrade.
    http://www.friendly-online-gamers.net/forum/ http://www.dragfactor.net/ CPU: Intel I7 2600K @ 4.6GHz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Memory: 8GB DDR3 OS: 7 Professional 64bit Video: Nvidia GTX580 1.5GB

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Well so far the staus was that we will be playing rF2 before Christmas, I gues it will be beta, which is a shame.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by thuGG View Post
    Well so far the staus was that we will be playing rF2 before Christmas, I gues it will be beta, which is a shame.
    If I understand correctly, then the release date is 2011 for a beta ultimately only for modders

Newer Member
    Nov 2011

Social experiment?

I'm beginning to think this whole RFactor2 thing is some social experiment for the simracing community. The task is to find out how long you can keep the community excited over something that is actually never going to happen.

We already got a "end of 2010" release date promise back in 2010(!). Now, a year onwards we are constantly getting "definately 2011". This is now downscaled to the promise of just a beta release, nothing has been said on an actual public release date, let alone the dat on which the product will be finalised so that it is suitable for DVD distribution. At this pace this sounds like something that is very far away or, if this realy is a social experiment, will never happen.

So when will we hear?: "OK guys, we at ISI had enough of a laugh. For years we have been giving you rFactor 1 screenshots under the false pretention of a new game. We had you believing that a new Rfactor was going to be released soon over a period of many years. Hahaha"

I don't mean to be negative on ISI. I mean I still enjoy RF1 as the best simracer ever build but don't you agree that the release date promises of ISI are giving us false pretences?
    Last edited by PRLamers; 11-02-11 at 10:58 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by PRLamers View Post
    I'm beginning to this this whole RFactor2 thing is some social experiment for the simracing community. The task is to find out how long you can keep the community excited over something that is actually never going to happen.

We already got a "end of 2010" release date promise back in 2010(!). Now, a year onwards we are constantly getting "definately 2011". This is now downscaled to the promise of just a beta release, nothing has been said on an actual public release date, let alone the dat on which the product will be finalised so that it is suitable for DVD distribution. At this pace this sounds like something that is very far away or, if this realy is a social experiment, will never happen.

So when will we hear?: "OK guys, we at ISI had enough of a laugh. For years we have been giving you rFactor 1 screenshots under the false pretention of a new game. We had you believing that a new Rfactor was going to be released soon over a period of many years. Hahaha"

I don't mean to be negative on ISI. I mean I still enjoy RF1 as the best simracer ever build but don't you agree that the release date promises of ISI are giving us false pretences?
    No.
    It will be ready when its ready.
    After some of the farcial releases I have paid good money for of late, I dont mind waiting till this one is ready.
    To hear that its actually having an open beta is music to my ears

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I'm beginning to this this whole RFactor2 thing is some social experiment for the simracing community..........
    I think that it is a good experiment... but we should not wait for a game, but join in the fun and enjoy.....

Quote Originally Posted by bluenoes View Post
    It will be ready when its ready.
    I like philosophers

Sometimes I think ISI has done nothing since 2005 and are all on holiday - there are many thought at ISI longer than 20 employees, but maybe there is not even 10, but have an ISI but surely - Tim Wheatley
    Maybe we should all go home and just stay with RF1, RF2 is perhaps because only a special beta game for modders. Would also make sense.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Apr 2011
    PRLamers!! WOW ... that's your post #1. It's well written in fairness .... which is the only reason I think , that you are not being immediately dismissed!

I'm in bluenoes' boat [or s/he's in mine LOL ...]

The wait is what it is and as ISI do not do what other titles do. As the other titles schedules are mainly our reference, we can all be forgiven for comparing .... the first time .... but this point as been written about, complained about, explained and testing, explained again. No need to go over it another time.

The open beta, if a wide community is allowed access will be very cool. I'm not a mod or dev of anything games software like but I'll take it seriously as it's a hobby and a passion.

Coming off rF1's back, rF2 promises so much for the future even if it comes in at the start as a beta. I would stake a bet as a beta, rF2 will at worst equal the 'farcial releases' of recent times.

I just hope ISI are prepared to allow me to buy a copy as early as possible and that they have some process in place to take on board the good, the bad and the ugly feedback [even from those who may not understand what beta release really mean!!!!]
    Last edited by theother5; 11-02-11 at 08:19 AM. Reason: edited and added to.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I think everybody is at some point of crazyness of waiting lol
    I read a lot of n'importe quoi ahaha (duno how translate this one).

Thanks DICE i've got something to wait ^^

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I'm beginning to this this whole RFactor2 thing is some social experiment for the simracing community. The task is to find out how long you can keep the community excited over something that is actually never going to happen.

We already got a...bla bla bla

I'de rather see people whining about a product not beeing released yet because the developer is not entirely happy with it, then the constant flooding of un-finished games we have seen in the past, oh say 20 years. (and the endless whining from their clients)

We are lucky ISI doesnt have a big publisher behind them whom is saying, 'this is the date, it will get released, finished or not, people pay for it and when they discover its not finished its too late for them because we will allready be on the bahama's with their money ahahaha'

I will much rather wait for a good release then wait for a developer to fix their crap and beeing so slow at it that people lose interest innit all together.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Denstjiro, your are right.
    Excepting that you forgot that no one product is ever finished and always has issues which gives reasons to whining.
    Dev may chose to infinitely improve the product trying to make it perfect. But there is a risk to end-up with outdated product line.

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    When is anything ever realy finished?
    You are right about that but i'm quite positive that the guys at ISI are intelligent enough to make the distinction between a game ready to be released and just needed some additional stuff or a game that needs some essential fixes or whatever.

We can't look into their garage so all we can do is asume. I for one will asume they have their reasons. i'm also pretty sure they are aware of the effects of the way they are doing it currently. Dont you think that if they feel the product will be out-of-date-on-release they would have done something about it? (either release or update)

And who knows, it could all be part of their campaign. Creating a buzz, feeding us tidbits, making people talk about it.

19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #139
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Well we're actually not intending to openly market the product in any big way until 2012. We'll also not be 'finished' when the beta hits, when the initial release hits, 1.1 or 1.2. There's longer term plans to improve. We're not waiting for a 'perfect' scenario, we're just getting what will be in the beta to a place it needs to be, while also refining exactly what those features will be (or whether any of those features will have to be pushed).

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I mean I still enjoy RF1 as the best simracer ever build but don't you agree that the release date promises of ISI are giving us false pretences?
    I don't recall ISI EVER making any release date promises so, no, there have not been any false pretenses. Just because you might infer a promise from a statement they make does not mean that it was a promise unless they actually said, "we promise ..." and they have not done that. If anything you should infer the phrase, "we hope to ..." when a developer states a release date because there are any number of things that can change it. This is not semantics either. I take promises very seriously and unless I actually read or hear the word I never assume anything is a promise.
    Last edited by Vince Klortho; 11-02-11 at 03:57 PM. Reason: forgot an important "not"

Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast