Ignore the Tech Specs in my profile, currently touring Australia with a Laptop (intel Core i7-4710MQ @ 2.50ghz, 8gb RAM, nVidia GTX860M GPU) and an Xbox360 Controller.
I don't get this "we don't want to release beta because we don't want our staff/testers to work during christmas".
They could release it with straight information: "Hey, we are releasing the beta, but we won't handle bugs reports and so on during christmas, have fun!"
I would still be happy testing buggy beta, and I would have no problems that there is no support during chrismas.
People must understand, that there is money involved with this beta(which is possibly main reason for delay). So what if something going wrong?
Well, that's a valid point. But still, I think payments are handled by an outside company, it won't be a payment system that will be released, just the game.
But OK, I'll wait. It just annoys me, that a respected developer that have their game in closed beta stage cannot determine when open beta or final release will happen. That's just weird.
well thats just plain stupid then? They make a web site all about r factor 2 and tell you all about what its going to be and then say to be announced 2011? Thats just stupid. They have already announced it lol. Would make more Sense if they said release date tba 2011 crazy
Last edited by SimonV6; 12-19-11 at 08:14 AM.
They just announced the date few days ago. And the date is before or after Xmas
But...Tim said holiday, not Xmas. I hope it means the same for him
Well the nearest holidays are around Xmas time... but yeah, we don't know what Tim have had on his mind at that time and we should better not be guessing ;-)
so if its comming out shortly after the holidays...what is the American version of "holidays" does it include new years or just christmas/boxing day?
My opinion is useless, but still: I'd suggest to ISI staff avoid so early announcements. All this thrill about RF2 and the following doubts about release has frozen RF1 developments. I can’t remember the last great mod made for RF1, I bet all projects are waiting RF2 and, at this gap, we have nothing new to play… Just a humble opinion.
Is there a decision yet on the lifetime membership?
What about currencies? I still only see the USD cost