Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Release Date - Date 2011?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    You can always say it's impossible
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    So am I. But people usually take "release" word as just release of the product. Not testing version (beta means testing), not limited one (beta will be limited regarding content and features). Why Tim just didn't say that this year only beta will be released? I quite sure ISI knew about this because has schedule. Did you know that it will be beta? What would you say if only some unplayable part will be released? Tim might say: "I never said it will be playable". Do you get my point?
    Ok, I will try to explain what I am thinking here, just not sure how it will come accross so bare with me and understand this is not aimed at you or any one individual in particular

Personally speaking I did not ONCE think it would be the full game. I actually had a thought that MAYBE they would release the game shell with no content . I know I would find it funny.

But here is something I didnt infer, didnt guess about but was stated many many times by Tim.

When it is announced we will know everything.

So why is that not enough for some people? Why is there a NEED for information about something that really, wont change your life or my life or anyone else life by KNOWING that fact?

And once told, information will be later, why keep berrating the point that you dont have the information YOU WANT.

There is a lot of discussion of business plans, setups, operations....but there is something a LOT of people seem to have forgotten.

WE HAVE NOT PAID A CENT YET...so are entitled to absolutely SQUAT!!...NOTHING...NADDA..the fact we have any information is awesome regardless of what anyone thinks. I know people will quote this and go, but its bad marketing yadda yadda yadda. Well is it? I mean if people are still here demanding this and demanding that, maybe the marketing is spot on? There is interest, there is passion, there is those that are threatnening to not support the product unless their demands are met......yeh marketing is good and free at this point At the time dollars are to change hands I am POSITIVE more information will be made available so everyone can make an honest, informed decision about if this product will be what they are after.

THEN if we pay money and items are not included that are in THAT information (not the information people THINK they have know) then, and only then do people have a "right" to complain. Sure free speech means people can think and say whatever they want.....it is their right, just the same as it is the persons listening right to ignore you completely.

How come I am willing to give ISI the benifit of the doubt here. HISTORY. They have NEVER shafted me yet, I dont expect them to start. They have earnt my respect enough to know that they will have their reasons for doing what they are doing and I have seen nothing to suggest that they will not produce something I will be MORE than happy to pay for.

The announcement of the Match Maker was not a surprise and I am astounded others where. The big surprise for me was the exclusion of LAN that has since been reincluded. That for me would have devestated me, but luckily it is back in. Would i have been upset if it still wasnt there....for sure, would I have said my piece asking for it to be included, absolutely, but in the end if the decision remained to remove it, I would have done the commercial voting and not bought the item.

So I think what I am trying to say is respect goes both ways, give ISI a little and maybe they will return the favour.

So no, I didnt expect anything to be honest, I expect to have something from ISI with rF2 badge on it, the rest I was waiting on confirmation, sure I was guessing/hoping, but that was the level of my committment

Again not aimed at anyone in particular and is more of an observation from the whole forums. I think everyone needs to take a step back and be patient...its hard and I really cant wait but hey...its only time

Registered
    Jul 2011
    if my girlfriend said she loved me last year doesn't mean it's true now.
    word!

Crikey MaxYm......chill? It's coming. Don't fret?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    During the last 10 years I learned that it is impossible to successfully finalize big project developed by team without project documentation and scheduling.
    No arguments there, I definitely agree with you on this point.

I didn't knew that Q&A thread was dedicated to ask about beta version. I believe people asked for rF2 features in overall. We have been asked for asking and left without answers.. is it ok?
    I know when we used to 'demo' our software prior to release, we would wait until the final week before deciding what will be in the demo and what wouldn't. Ideally we'd tried to get at much work done as possible until the 11th hour, keeping in mind we had to do x hours of checking. So we didn't know what the demo would contain until a few weeks before we released the demo.

Of course prior to the release of a demo, everything was fully certified and tested. In demos (or betas), you want to include as much content as you can without compromising its 'breakability'.

So to answer in short, no it doesn't surprise me they are not willing to release beta features as I'm sure they are pushing for as much content as possible that is working well enough.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    During the last 10 years I learned that it is impossible to successfully finalize big project developed by team without project documentation and scheduling.
    Quote Originally Posted by PLAYLIFE View Post
    No arguments there, I definitely agree with you on this point.
    I have and argument here - Max Payne 2:
    -Tell us wheeeeen?!?
    -When it's done.
    I remember they even posted a photo of big champagne bottle that was waiting to be opened when job is done.

An interesting read about "when it's done" in general: LINK

I liked that phrase in it: understanding leads to acceptance - it's well worth a thought.
    Last edited by K Szczech; 11-18-11 at 04:17 AM.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    ISI has less than a dozen of employees. So if there are several projects at one time these guys have to switch priorities constantly. You simply cannot compare ISI to let's say codemasters, who have a strict deadline for their F1 game set by investors/publisher every year AND there are hundreds of employees available to make it all happen. It's difficult for us simracers to understand ISI would let us wait so lang with the release of rfactor2. I'm getting very impatient myself ... But at the same time I feel that there are only a few developers today who are really dedicated to simracers and pc gamers in general. Most games today are bad game console ports making false promises. Take TDU2 for example, which is a complete fail beginning with the prompt where you are supposed to press the START-button (pc version!).
    So everybody relax and have some more fun with Rfactor in the meantime.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by 10speed View Post
    ISI has less than a dozen of employees. So if there are several projects at one time these guys have to switch priorities constantly. You simply cannot compare ISI to let's say codemasters, who have a strict deadline for their F1 game set by investors/publisher every year AND there are hundreds of employees available to make it all happen. It's difficult for us simracers...
    I told you. I'm developer. Not only simracer.
    Currently I working for quite big company but our dev team contains about 15 programmers. Believe me or not, we have schedule, project docs and we know what we will to do next weekend and what we will release in month or two. We have even scheduled a big project for whole next year. Also we do a lot projects and subtask constantly switching between. Without schedule there would be a total mess. With it, everything goes as expected.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I told you. I'm developer. Not only simracer.
    Currently I working for quite big company but our dev team contains about 15 programmers. Believe me or not, we have schedule, project docs and we know what we will to do next weekend and what we will release in month or two. We have even scheduled a big project for whole next year. Also we do a lot projects and subtask constantly switching between. Without schedule there would be a total mess. With it, everything goes as expected.
    I would hope very much that will provide SLS for RF2

Registered
    Oct 2010
    SLS is not scheduled project but you may be sure that I will add rF2 support in few days after rF2 beta release. Of course under condition that rF2 will generate exports

Registered
    Oct 2010
    thx MaXyM

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Weekend ist rescue - Build92 - 96 is released

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Francesco H. View Post
    Weekend ist rescue - Build92 - 96 is released
    oh unfair!

Registered
    Oct 2010

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    http://www.dorkly.com/article/27379/...-game-industry

I think point #5 sums up how the community on this forum acts at times...

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by blakboks View Post
    http://www.dorkly.com/article/27379/...-game-industry

I think point #5 sums up how the community on this forum acts at times...
    That's exactly on the mark.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Yeah, but also company may crew the job and refer to the point #5 when complaining has started

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    What is more worse? No sex or wait of rF2?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    worst case: rF2 is just released, at the same time a sumptuous young blondie comes naked into my room

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Sep 2011
    Start download and take the naked
    Win7 64, C2Q 9550@3,4Ghz, Gigabyte P35 DS3P, 4GB DDR2, WD 320, Crucial M4 128 GB, GTX 460 1GB, BeQuiet! 500W, Asus Essence STX, Beyerdynamic DT880

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Tell the blonde to get dressed and park her ass in the living room and enjoy a movie or two and that she wont be seeing me for the next 10 hours.
    Yours faithfully, Vrooom vroom!