Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1486 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What about having a Modding section here?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @SuperRantam rF2 Rank Laptimes Modding Group: HistorX 

Registered
    Oct 2010

What about having a Modding section here?

Hi,

first of all, sorry to post this here, but i haven't found a better place to do it... feel free to move this thread to another section of this forum

Is there any chance of having a dedicated modding section for ISI products in this forum? This place would be perfect being an official ISI forum. May be different sections would be needed for each sims (rf1, rf2, etc)

I'm sure modders will come here to discuss about modding ISI sims, so this section may be some kind of "Knowledge base", something very necessary today as such knowledge is spread around the Net and is hard to find in some cases.

Having ISI guys around who may answer some questions (of course if they aren't too busy) will help to attract people also.

Just my two cents

Regards

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    I second that

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    +2

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Not only Modding.

Better like Complete Mods Section, WIP Mods Discussion, Dedicated Modding Question/Tutorial Section...

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Modding Group: CTDP 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    This forum shouldn't be about certain mods. It should be about the modding and by modding I don't mean converting stuff from other games to rFactor...

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I didn't talk about converting ?

My idea is to handle this a little bit like Bistudio is does:

Here the People can talk and ask about Modding: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=92

And here you can see this two Modding Sections: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

This system works very very well on these forums

Just my 2 Cents

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @SuperRantam rF2 Rank Laptimes Modding Group: HistorX 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I see mods and modding like very different things. But yes, they both should be here: a mods' section and a modding section.

@erale, nobody is talking about conversions here. I'm talking about having a place where sharing modding knowledge (based on ISI sims) and getting help from other modders/ISI.

@ sommergemuese, yep something like that (despite there's a hell of sections on that forum).

Regards

Ps. No need to say i'd be happy to contribute with some stuff (tutorials, support, etc) if it ever happens.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I don't think it's wise that unlicensed stuff like mods are hosted on the developers official forum.

@Rantam: I too thought abound a kind of knowledge base. But the problem is that many users come into these places and ask how they can convert car X from game Y as fast as possible to rFactor. So this section would need specific rules and moderators that sort these topics out. Otherwise this modding section would get really messy and useless.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Why not? Other companies can do this too. (Like Bistudios )

Whatever it is Image Space Decision

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Well, as far as i read nobody is asking here about hosting mods with ripped content (which is quite different to 'unlicensed stuff'. I haven't seen yet a mod with licensed content...) or even helping others about how to convert to/from rFactor.

We're talking about helping and sharing modding knowledge, in the case it hasn't been clear enough above.

Then comes that mods' section, which despite would be good to have i consider less necessary (there're countless places doing that). I'm sure the moderators around would control that section and what it's available there anyway, being this an official place...

Please let's not bring here the old "rFactor being rippers heaven" thing because frankly a) is not true and b) is old story and out of topic here. This is a new born place so let's keep it cool and clean

Regards

Registered
    Oct 2010
    What I meant with unlicensed stuff wasn't mods with ripped content. I meant any mod which uses real cars, names, sponsors etc. After all that's the decision of ISI. But I don't think it's the best idea to host a Formula One mod on this site because it could cause trouble with the license owners.

Also I wan't to say that I DO support the idea of a knowledge base type modding section. But it has to be moderated to ensure it's really being used as a source of usefull information.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    all i know there are going to be a bunch of busy beavers on release day....

Registered
    Oct 2010
    That's probably true. BTW, nicely illustrated

Regards

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    I would like to have a mod section too, maybe having a team section under the mod section would be even better.
    Arnold Carter Wong - http://www.bsimracing.com
    Racers Modding Team [RMT] ------ Follow the WSGT2 for Rfactor2 progress here

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantam View Post
    We're talking about helping and sharing modding knowledge, in the case it hasn't been clear enough above.
    I agree

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @6e66o Photo/Screenshot sharing profile Where I race Modding Group 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Yes, a modding section would be appreciated.

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    I'd like to see thorough documentation on implementing mods, but personally would rather not see specific mods on here.

Simon

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Sorry if it is not allowed to post links to other forms, but I think the structure used at the official BIS (Arma 2) forums is fantastic. Arma 2, like rFactor, is a simulation game, (except guns instead of cars), and has an enormous community full of modders. Like rFactor, modding is the biggest part of Arma 2.

http://forums.bistudio.com/index.php

Maybe that could give the mods some good ideas about some structures we could use?

An offtopic section, wip mods, complete mods, mod help, etc etc.

Regards,

Richie.
    Live Fast, Die Young.
    Check out my YouTube!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Oh you are here too ? I know your great Videos

20.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #20
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

We will be adding some more forums.

Quote Originally Posted by richiespeed13 View Post
    Sorry if it is not allowed to post links to other forms
    Not a problem ever, feel free to post any link that isn't really bad stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast