Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 454 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Track Progress

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    DeDios!!!! Amazing find! I just downloaded the software and took just 27 photos (with my iPhone 4) of a room and was blown away with what it was able to put together. I can only imagine what it could do with higher quality photos and more of them from more locations and angles. This software is mind blowing. As a developer I am probably more amazed then some. I am truly blow away.

Thanks for sharing!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    No problem when i saw that video i immediately thought at this thread. Looks stunning.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    tim will the beta be before xmas id hate to miss out when my pc is shipped over to the usa I wont have it for 8 to 10 weeks then an no way would rf2 work on laptop lol

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    In the blurb about the Grand Prix video this was said: "We hope those of you who will want to participate in the open modders beta testing period are almost ready"

Well its over a month later, are we actually close to the beta?

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Of course! We're over a month closer!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    DeDios, thanks for posting that video, looks like a great bit of kit!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazza View Post
    Of course! We're over a month closer!
    In the same way that Achilles is closer to the tortoise, no doubt.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #208
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by sg333 View Post
    In the blurb about the Grand Prix video this was said: "We hope those of you who will want to participate in the open modders beta testing period are almost ready"

Well its over a month later, are we actually close to the beta?
    Yes. We get closer every second. Main issue over the last month has been the fact that payment and user creation has had issues (which we think are close to all fixed thanks to the community helping Gjon by making test transactions from some other locations). Without a user, the software wouldn't work.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Main issue over the last month has been the fact that payment and user creation
    I hope everyone here will agree that securing payment information trumps a speedy release any day. That said.

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    I hope everyone here will agree that securing payment information trumps a speedy release any day. That said.

Love that show!

PC Specification @Pandamasque 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Back to tracks...

Long long time ago, back when I was young, cars were loud and trees were tall... Gjon and SRT were discussing animated objects in rF2 and mentioned a video of cows eating grass by the track side or something like that.

Tim, can you please find that video in the archives and dust it off for us to enjoy?

12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #212

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamasque View Post
    Back to tracks...

Long long time ago, back when I was young, cars were loud and trees were tall... Gjon and SRT were discussing animated objects in rF2 and mentioned a video of cows eating grass by the track side or something like that.

Tim, can you please find that video in the archives and dust it off for us to enjoy?
    Some of the anims are so funny! But, honestly, I really don't want to spoil some of it... You WILL eventually find yourself on the wrong side of a fence or something at Spa (with damage off) and having to find yourself a gateway to get back to the track at some point, and driving through fields of horses or cows can be pretty funny. I don't want to spoil what some might consider easter eggs.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I dont remember any discussion about animated pit crew. I know about pitting out guy indicating pit out but what about tires changes, is it in yet ? If not will it come ?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    I dont remember any discussion about animated pit crew. I know about pitting out guy indicating pit out but what about tires changes, is it in yet ? If not will it come ?
    if theres animated horses & cows I should bloody hope they had animated Pit Crew done first!!

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #215

It's a very small amount of work to do a Cow compared to a crew. It's fuel is always in the same place. It is planned, however, but it's something that requires a lot of work to adapt to the different car tire, visor, wing and fuel locations.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    It's a very small amount of work to do a Cow compared to a crew. It's fuel is always in the same place. It is planned, however, but it's something that requires a lot of work to adapt to the different car tire, visor, wing and fuel locations.
    hehe yeah fair point, I can imagine the uproar if the animated tire changes hands are merging with the wheel so it looks naff!
    Hopefully the community can build on animated stuff like this too.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    But you've implemented a standard crew? At least I heard that there is something like mechanicians in the pit lane^^

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    We get closer every second.
    1 down, 3283198 to go... 2 down, 3283197 to go... 3 down, ...

Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    This was mentioned and discussed, quite a while ago. I don't feel inclined to go find it to be honest, but I'd say it was in this section somewhere. I think the gist of it was there'll probably be a basic framework in place, with more details to come later.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Just to point out how complex pitcrew animation can be in simulator that is open to modding.

When you think of Formula 1 pitstop you think of a bunch of guys standing at exact spots and waiting for the car to come. Then every one of them does some quick work and off you go.

Now think of NASCAR. These guys wait behind a wall. When car comes in, then jump out and run to the right side carrying tires. One of them lifts the car, while two guys work on each tire. Then they run to the other side of the car and to the same. Note that they also need to take old tires with them.

Two different racing disciplines and two completely different behaviors of pitcrew. So if we're talking about open platform then how many other scenarios can we encounter? Modders would have to be able to define such things (to some extent) in their mods and/or rFactor will need some sort of AI just for that.

And then it gets better... If you add the fact that players may stop at various angles and positions in pitstop, then you really need AI so pit crew does not teleport themselves to correct positions around the car nor they run through the car.

In a game like Codemasters F1 there is automatic pitlane and there is only one type of car and only one scenario for pitstop (with some variations). That's why they could put animations easily.
    With open platform with manual pitstops it's a whole new level of complexity.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

PC Specification @Pandamasque 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Now I want some cows as my pit crew!

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast