Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 640 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
09-11-12, 06:21 PM
FIA Formula Two Williams JPH1B Released
This is the officially licensed Formula Two car, as seen in this championship: http://formula2.com/
It has become my favorite rFactor2 car, and considering how much I love the historic cars, is really saying something. I hope you enjoy how thoroughly drive-able it is, and although it does have a lot of downforce, how much it moves and gives you that 'seat of the pants' feel the historics tend to.
HTTP: See here. 296MB
HTTP Mirrors: See here.
Torrent: Download. 296MB
Paint template: Download.
- This mod is standalone. It doesn't require other rfmod packages to be installed.
- This mod comes with a new version of Palm Beach.
- There are 20 AI drivers from F2. Run with 19-20 AI for a full field.
- Markus Pommer (F2 driver) is not simulated in the F2 series itself due to his sponsor. We will replace the sponsor, and add him, in a later update.
- AI are using statistics and results from the first 12 rounds. Any drivers who participate or get better/worse after round 12, will be added/edited in a later tweak.
- Players may want to run an unaccelerated/unskipped qualifying session (30mins, unlimited/30 laps) at the moment. By allowing the AI to set times, the race will run more realistic (less slow drivers causing bunching) as the grid will be more ordered.
- Overboost is disabled until proper rules are implemented.
- In-car adjustable front wing not yet implemented.
- Some users may experience white LED shift lights.
- Some users who use filtering in their FFB, may want to use more for this car. Or see this. Later tire tweaks may take away the need to do this.
- We believe wet tyres are too slippery in heavy wet conditions and are waiting on more data.
- There is a reported issue of FFB feeling low or reversed at slow speed. Devs looking into it, but please note it isn't necessarily unrealistic.
Screenshots and videos (these are older than the version you are going to download):
Couple of screenshots of the F2 car cockpit.
Video of a race against the AI.
FIRST SWEET Downloading!
Now Im SEEDING!
### READ THE NOTES TIM POSTED #####
Last edited by Mitt Wilson; 09-11-12 at 06:34 PM.
I am downloading via torrent now. I've got a research paper to edit so I will continue seeding this evening.
Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god... !!!
great news, downloading an seeding for a couple of days.
Thanks a lot guys for this one , i was waiting to drive Mihai Marinescu car
So, I can breath now? Ok, thanks
Is markus pommer not included because of the live-strip sponsor?
Its not showing up in the Mod Manager neither for the Mods only option tab.. hmm..
Re-Downloading now Then I weill cont to upload thanks Tim!
Last edited by Mitt Wilson; 09-11-12 at 06:49 PM.
I'm very exciting.
Thank you ISI!
09-11-12, 06:46 PM
Yes, to keep an Everyone ESRB rating, it can't be in there.
Originally Posted by djvicious
DLing, speeds seem to slowly go up, will seed for whole night (have 70mbit upload )
09-11-12, 06:48 PM
You sure you had the file completed? 296MB? 311,414,271?
Originally Posted by Mitt Wilson
yay nice thanks I'll wait tomorrow to test that btw
Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley
296 MB (311,414,271 bytes)
The file is Named "Q" ??
Thank you!!!! Downloading!!!
You must have renamed it, its ISI1058-v10-FormulaTwo_2012.rfmod (as one would expect)
Originally Posted by Mitt Wilson
Nope didnt rename it the file is named "Q" .. idk redownloading now
I'll have a direct download link ready in 15 minutes...