Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 737 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Heavy stuttering even though FPS are smooth and not too low

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Another thing : stronger stuttering during a race when driving near the AI and weaker when driving alone on the track.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    two stupid question:
    1. how can I find out how many cores my CPU has?
    2. in rF2, what is the meaning of the performance bars top left (green and red bar)? However, in race I only have the green bar, up to 90% or more, the red one is off, probably for a second at startup. Is this normal or I do not use any resources?

The stuttering in Build 107 I have as well, plus heavy overheating on my laptop. After 10 min. the game is totally unplayable. Probably I dont have the hardware for it.

PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by K Szczech View Post
    Do you mean "Threaded optimizations"?
    Because these are the exact two things I suspected to happen - stuttering gone but FPS dropped. Didn't try it myself, because drivers keep resetting my values to defailt and at the moment I don't have the time or will to check why, so I'm curious if it has the effect I expected.

That's because you have 4-core CPU and these two tracks eat up lot's of CPU power. Sebring will perform well on your system because it's a flat area unlike Monaco or Spa which fill a lot of space on your screen. As long as you have CPU reserves you will not see problems on your system and complexity of track and texturing will determine performance. Compare grass textures between Sebring or Spa for example.

But try VLM tracks on dual core processors and they get choked up, while ISI tracks still perform more less the same.
    The VLM tracks work great on my Dual Core Athlon 250 x 2 3.0 oc'd to 3.5. The only track that doesn't work well is Fuji, which seems to cause problems on PCs that are way more capable than mine.

I'd like to add this is with a HD4850 512mb. 8 x AA 16 x AF, everything on High except Wind/Crowd motion off, Env. Reflections off, Shadow Blur off, Shadows medium.
    Last edited by argo0; 09-20-12 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Clarity

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Sep 2012
    Maaaaaaassive stuttering causes the game is unplayable at all when CRTL+F shows more than 120fps.

iRacing all high + shadows - smooth like children´s ass (more than 30 cars in SPA or Suzuka and never under 75fps - caped-)

BF3 all high - 500 millons of efects like bullets, tanks, smoke, lights and runs ultra smooth too

but rFactor2....is a beta, still in development and bla bla bla...but the fact is that i cant drive and probably in the future will not be able.

System:

AMD Phenom 965 BE
    ATI 6950 2GB
    4GB RAM DDR3
    850W
    Res: 5040x1050(1680x1050x3)

So...refund request uh?

Registered
    Mar 2012
    120FPS 3 SCREENS WITH pHENOM AND 6950

Is that some sort of joke.
    Antec 900 v3 : Seasonic M12 700 : Hydro H60 SE : 2500K@4.5GHz : MSI Z77A GD65 : G.Skill 8GB F3 1600C8 : Gigabyte GTX670 OC : X-Fi Titanium : 60GB Force3 : 1TB Black : W7HP64

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
    120FPS 3 SCREENS WITH pHENOM AND 6950

Is that some sort of joke.
    Some pictures will coming and will laugh together

PD: Obviously graffic options are set far from full detail
    Last edited by juanlu28; 09-20-12 at 11:35 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2012
    If I still had stutter /slow up after the obvious fixes I would try unpluging my wheel and test a K/B profile.

Some older force feedback drivers cannot handle rFactor2's high-fidelity update rate
    and in fact make the simulation fall out-of-realtime (you'll notice if things get jerky
    and slow)

Possible Fixes:
    1. Get Updated drivers from your hardware manufacturer (recommended)
    2. Open up controller.ini and set "Skip Updates" to a non-zero value.

Just in case anyone has not considered it.
    Antec 900 v3 : Seasonic M12 700 : Hydro H60 SE : 2500K@4.5GHz : MSI Z77A GD65 : G.Skill 8GB F3 1600C8 : Gigabyte GTX670 OC : X-Fi Titanium : 60GB Force3 : 1TB Black : W7HP64

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @NoLimit_GER Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
    If I still had stutter /slow up after the obvious fixes I would try unpluging my wheel and test a K/B profile.

Just in case anyone has not considered it.
    Good idea.
    Sadly there are no new drivers for my G27 available.
    Plus I tried the skipping myself already, it's not related to the issues I am experiencing. Right now I'll just keep waiting for the next build and see if the issues will be resolved.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2011
    today i solved my pc portugal stuttering in this mode (vsync didn't solve):

Open your player.PLR file and find this line:
    Flush Previous Frame="0" // Make sure command queue from previous frame is finished (may help prevent stuttering)

Change the 0 to a 1

This works for me, its a helluva lot better and the main thing its Driveable at Mills in the Cockpit of the Megane in a race with rain!

with this modify the game is perfect.

are there contraindications to use that value?

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauro View Post
    today i solved my pc portugal stuttering in this mode (vsync didn't solve):

Flush Previous Frame="0" // Make sure command queue from previous frame is finished (may help prevent stuttering)

Change the 0 to a 1

This works for me, its a helluva lot better and the main thing its Driveable at Mills in the Cockpit of the Megane in a race with rain!

with this modify the game is perfect.

are there contraindications to use that value?
    hmm...i found this from the first update changelog...

•Software sync uses a timer to draw frames based on your refresh rate. In other words, you could compare it with a software VSync.
    •GPU sync is a UI element for the PLR's "Flush Previous Frame" setting. This setting is not recommended for SLI.
    •Video sync is actually the good old VSync option (notice that the usual VSync checkbox is now missing).
    •None means it will behave like the previous build, without VSync enabled.

so you shouldn't need to adjust anything in the PLR file, GPU sync should do the same...
    Last edited by privatebrian; 10-02-12 at 07:48 PM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @NoLimit_GER Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauro View Post

Change the 0 to a 1

No change for me sadly. In fact, the stuttering on Fuji gets even worse here for example.

12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #32
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Wish I could help... But you've tried everything it would seem.

When was the last time you removed EVERYTHING and started with a fresh install unmodified?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gödicke View Post
    No change for me sadly. In fact, the stuttering on Fuji gets even worse here for example.
    You should try Fuji v1.02. I'am pretty sure your gfx card is running out of vram.

As for performance, there is an issue with rF2 which causes increased VRAM usage due to the environment mappers even when environment reflections are turned off. For 1.02 I have worked around this issue, which means the environment reflections are not as location-specific as before. They're still plenty good though, so you should still be able to enjoy them if you have the machinery to turn them on. It's a bit of a tough situation as currently we have to build the track as if everyone were using the environment reflections as far as VRAM usage goes, which kind of defeats the point of having a separate option for it.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Hi guys.

This game has been unplayable for a very long time for me. I'm suffering the same issues. The game stutters quite abit, feels / looks as if it's running in slow motion. Even tho i'm going like 100mph it feels as if i'm doing 20. The AI cars will bounce around (sometimes even stop)

I've tried just about everything suggested in the various threads on the issue.

System : i7 3770K @ 4.6Ghz
    Asus Sabertooth p77
    ATI 6990 / Nvidia 550ti (Tried both)
    12g corsair dominator

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I had this once too. FPS were high, but it feels like driving in slow motion. That happened on all tracks though.
    Turned out that executing rFactor2/Support/Runtimes/vcredist_x86.exe fixed it.
    (maybe that helps on your system too)

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vittorio View Post
    I had this once too. FPS were high, but it feels like driving in slow motion. That happened on all tracks though.
    Turned out that executing rFactor2/Support/Runtimes/vcredist_x86.exe fixed it.
    (maybe that helps on your system too)
    That didn't change anything unfortunatly. Still completely unplayable.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    It seems only high end cpu's (4cores, 8 threads) suffer from this problem.
    Have you tried to disable hyper-threading in bios?
    You can also try to set processor affinity in taskmanager to physical cores (cpu 0, 2, 4, 6).
    http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...ance-edge/5322

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosch View Post
    It seems only high end cpu's (4cores, 8 threads) suffer from this problem.
    Have you tried to disable hyper-threading in bios?
    You can also try to set processor affinity in taskmanager to physical cores (cpu 0, 2, 4, 6).
    http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/win...ance-edge/5322
    Hi. I've tried this already with no success, thanks tho! Running out of options here, is it possible to ask for a refund or is that period over?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tosch View Post
    You should try Fuji v1.02. I'am pretty sure your gfx card is running out of vram.
    Problem with crawling performance even with high FPS on Fuji - solved!
    Thanks for this tip. So whatever was causing this, it's gone in version 1.02. But it seems it has to be something important because it can tear a system's performance to shreds, at least in my case.
    Full settings are hovering at ~80FPS now (practice session with no AI), and it feels and looks like this now. Version 1.01 was basically unplayable.

20.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #40
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Interesting... Caused by environmental reflections it would seem. Those of you still having issues, try turning those off on tracks which are running badly for you.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast