NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 605 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Help!

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Aug 2012

Help!

Hi all!

I've just downloaded lifetime version of rfactor 2.
    However, after paying by paypal and logging in...the game options such as SINGLEPLAYER are still grey.

so i dowloaded renault 3.5 mod and copied it into the rfactor 2 packages folder...still grey.

Q. Can anyone he give me a simple step by step guide so i can get this game working?
    Q. Do I need to extract the downloaded files using winzip or are they already ok?
    Q. Do I need to install renault 3.5 v1 BEFORE v2? I still haven't downloaded those updates yet.

Thanks in advance.
    I can't find any simple youtube videos to help with install which seems a little unusual.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    start here:
    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...ase-faq-etc%29

theres an Installing Guide linked there too that will help.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Aug 2012
    thank you but i've done this.

when you first install, should you be able to play single player before installing any mods or do you need to install a mod first?
    like i say, i've installed renault 3.5...but not version 1.1 or 1.2 yet and no single player option to play :-(

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Long shot...but have you activated it, in the purchase tab?

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Aug 2012
    thank you both...i re read a questions and answer bit...realised i had to re-activate and just been on single player using mod i downloaded. i thought i saw a clio 1.0 in the vehicles folder but in game, just saw the renault 3.5 vehicles.
    considering my machine is top notch and on highest in game settings, i didn't think the track looked that realistic.

could this be due to it not being the up to date v.2 version? also, what screen resolution would give best graphics?

sorry to trouble you all..will make this my last request lol

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Hi

Perhaps if you post your system specs up, someone might be able to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew F View Post
    sorry to trouble you all..will make this my last request lol
    start here: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...raphic-setting

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Aug 2012
    Color: i7 2600K/Win7/GTX560Ti/8GB/1TB
    Processor
    Processor Brand: Intel
    Processor Type: Intel Core i7
    Memory
    RAM Size: 8 GB
    Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM
    Hard Drive
    Hard Drive Size: 1000 GB
    Hard Disk Technology: SATA
    Additional Drives: DVD-RW
    Graphics
    Graphics Card Description: Grafik GeForce GTX560 Ti (1024MB DDR5-VGA-DVI-HDMI-DirectX 11)
    Graphics Card Ram Size: 1024 MB
    Graphics Card Interface: PCI-E
    Additional Specifications
    Hardware Platform: PC
    Operating System: Windows 7 Edition Home Premium

thank you both . i will check out that thread slhamilton..and privatebrian, i don't know what settings you run but thanks ;-)

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Graphics settings are very much trail and error, from machine to machine, but i'm sure someone with
    simular specs to you might be able to give you a few pointers.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    As Brian said it's pretty much trial and error, your 560ti should be able to cope with the default settings which are pretty much a mix of MEDIUM and HIGH. Shadows are quite a performance hit so I'd avoid setting those to MAX. A lot depends on what resolution you're running at, how much AA you want to lump on and your sensitivity to low framerates, some people seem quite content with fps dipping into 20's and 30's!

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Aug 2012

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MJP View Post
    As Brian said it's pretty much trial and error, your 560ti should be able to cope with the default settings which are pretty much a mix of MEDIUM and HIGH. Shadows are quite a performance hit so I'd avoid setting those to MAX. A lot depends on what resolution you're running at, how much AA you want to lump on and your sensitivity to low framerates, some people seem quite content with fps dipping into 20's and 30's!
    thanks guys. i improved graphics a lot by putting HDR on and 1920 x 1080 32 bit resolution.

the graphics are now what i expect and it runs really well on max settings.

my only gripe (being picky) is that i think i need to dull brightness a bit and the edges of things seem almost too sharp i.e. the cars look fantastic, so does the track etc but they seem too "seperated". also, i put on the crowd to move but they don't seem to other than marshals waving flags. not sure what the framerate is, will check it out when i find out how to.

the graphics card is probs just "good" but the rest of the machine seems ample so hoping max settings will continue to be fine.

the rain looks pish tho when i compare it to xbox f1 2011.they need rain on visor!

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Hi Andrew

Glad you have managed to get the game running to your likings , however do remember that rf2 is (dare i say) still in Beta, there are a lot of things that are not fully finnished yet, like rain effects and so on.oh...Ctrl + F for frame counter in game...and please enjoy!

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Aug 2012

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by privatebrian View Post
    Hi Andrew

Glad you have managed to get the game running to your likings , however do remember that rf2 is (dare i say) still in Beta, there are a lot of things that are not fully finnished yet, like rain effects and so on.oh...Ctrl + F for frame counter in game...and please enjoy!
    yes brian, you're right. it is a beta and i think i was getting a bit picky earlier (apologies to the producers) the truth is that this looks like one of the most in depth games i will have ever bought. i invested in the lifetime version and i could see me getting years worth of gameplay out of this. i paid the price of a holiday to get all the equipment (in the last year I've spent 270 on a racing seat, 230 on a fanatec CSR) around 1 000 on computer, game, monitor, fraps etc) so i'm deperately looking forward to playing it.
    i'm stuck at parents house without my wheel (returning to my place on thursday) but in the last day i've setup my new com, learning all about this stuff and maybe overly excited lol now i just need to learn about rfactor setups as i'm not a bad driver and know the basics/meidum setup stuff. hope to race with you /against you in the near future mate ;-)

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Andrew glad your liking it so far , enjoy the ride!