Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1521222324252627282935 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sg333 View Post
    Give modders a couple of weeks after release...
    That says all you need to know about its quality too
    HistorX.net - Historic FIA GT for rFactor

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by YoShImUrA View Post
    That says all you need to know about its quality too
    Lets be honest here, there were mods for RF1 that blew its original content away. I have no doubt with time and effort modders will be releasing very high quality mods, but i reckon the release quality of RF2 will be fantastic

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    It looks like we shall have our cake and eat it too. The initial content from ISI looks impressive and will set the bar for mods.

Looking forward to many years of enjoying rFactor2 and additional content from ISI and the creative and generous mod community.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Agreed with both above
    Let's hope that we modders keep the bar as high as the released content, if not better.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    lol how do u know hows the tyre model of iracing 2? It isnt out!

I love in sims the feeling that includes ffb of course,the cockpit views and how cockpit moves during driving/bumbping etc,physics,tyre model..
    I play most of time nkpro and if i have money i jump for some races in iracing.
    So,my questions are:

Can u compare the rfactor2 ffb with nkpro? (In nkpro i get the most information in my wheel so i love its FFB comparing to everything outhere)
    Will we feel the touch from road?
    Will ffb be at least same or better than nkpro?

One dev said that he cant play rfactor 1 cause in 2 the feeling is way better and im asking how better it is...Is it just better from rfactor 1 or is it so good that feels right like nkpro?
    Im asking that cause i feel in nkpro feels more right(from any sim) so thats why im telling compare to nkpro.

I dont like rfactor 1 cause of physics and ffb(these are the things that are important to me).

Oh! And hi to everyone this is my first post

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/user/stabizis.../8/Huxp9dZRXjw

What can we expect from rFactor 2 in the night time department ? What ISI is planning on this ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmuDK1LzJlk

Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/user/stabizis.../8/Huxp9dZRXjw
    What can we expect from rFactor 2 in the night time department ? What ISI is planning on this ?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmuDK1LzJlk
    i love headlights at night ! that audi at night is so beautiful

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Looks like any new question is rendered to take some information from ISI about new engine. Doesn't matter that ISI didn't answered to any.

If there will be HDR implemented any kind of flares, glows etc is easy to generate.

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    What can we expect from rFactor 2 in the night time department ?
    Did you happen to notice in the iRacing video that the headlights don't dip/raise with the car? It's more like a helicopter is flying overhead supplying light.

Not saying it's not better overall than rFactor, but it's not perfect either.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    In rFactor 1 a texture was doing the job. If Iracing has the same system it would explain that.
    However the quality of the texture makes a great impression regarding how well the car lights the track.

And i dont know how they did the reflecting cones and the white things on the white line but it's remarquable.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    And i dont know how they did the reflecting cones and the white things on the white line but it's remarquable.
    This is possible in rf also. Material is just set as light emissive.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Good then we shall have nice night mode in rF 2

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    This is possible in rf also. Material is just set as light emissive.
    I'm not sure this is the same thing. Such materials would be lit at all times, wouldn't they? So if you sit in a trackside camera with no cars around, it's still lit; what you really want is for it to only be lit when you have your headlights on and are basically facing it.

It's hard to tell from that video (since it's from inside the car facing forwards, any such materials will be lit either way) if it works like this, but I think that's what you'd want. And technically it's not really much more work than what's there, so hopefully an effect along these lines is in rF2.

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Will the number of pit crew members be user adjustable or will it be determined by the mod (IndyCar has 6 (LF tire man, RF tire man, LR tire man, RR tire man, fuel man, air-jack man), NASCAR has 4 (front tire man, rear tire man, fuel man, floor jack man), and F1 has 15 of more (three men per tire, two jack men, fuel man).

Registered
    Mar 2011
    F1 doesn't have Fuel men, refueling during races was banned from 2010.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshJ81 View Post
    F1 doesn't have Fuel men, refueling during races was banned from 2010.
    You can't rule out that, as earlier F1 seasons (and other motorsport disciplines) will be most definitively modeled with it...

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I just hope the pit crews are done properly - shuffle into position if the car isn't stopped on the marks, push it back if it's too far away, sometimes have trouble getting the hose(s) connected, drop wheels, fall over, gesticulate rudely at the driver if he drives into them, hobble away if/when injured, get into fights with rival crews, etc. No point having it at all otherwise.

/sarcasm

Registered
    Mar 2011
    I could really careless about what pit crews looks like or what is going on in the stands for that matter. IMO that stuff takes away from the real reason I sim race...I want the most work put in the physics and netcode to give the most realistic experience and feel. I turn pit crew visuals and many other visuals off/down because they contribute nothing to running or winning a race. The pit crews could be modeled after the guys in that Dire Straits' video "Money for Nothing", just my opinion mind you

Registered
    Oct 2010
    So my opinion is that your opinion is stupid.
    simracing is not only about turning steering wheel or pushing pedals. It is not even about winning a race (winner is only one; what about others?)
    Simracing means simulating racing events including with everything related.
    Of course you are free to disable sky, trees and back to '80, driving on black screen with white lines. But I want to feel like being on real race track.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshJ81 View Post
    I could really careless about what pit crews looks like
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    your opinion is stupid
    You guys are so sally. I don't mind if there are animated pit crews but at the same time I don't think getting OCD specific about whether fuel men are present in only the first half of the 2011 F1 season vs international races where the toilets spin backward and blah blah...

I am here to drive not role play. SHOW ME THE INTERFACE. the interface is why I run rFactor over LFS and the GTR series. It's still a little confused but once you get the hang of it you can load the game and be in a car driving in UNDER 20 seconds.. And that is with track load times.

We should still be talking about the hardcore mechanics of rF2 not wind on the grass bloomy visual effects or "extra" things like pit crew anims and insane rules even real racers don't abide by.