Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshJ81 View Post
    Has there been any developments in the mismatch/loading errors system? I can't tell you how many times someone in my league or myself has run into an error for no reason at all. EXAMPLE, just one hour ago I was running on our server, I quit for a little bit then come back. The only thing that changed was the changes I saved in my car's setup for that track. When I come back, I get a multicar.mas error when trying to load the track. WTF, I made the mod and that file hasn't changed since 2006! Why is that giving me an error?
    Because you made the mod wrong. Mistakes in mods makes such issues.
    Ahh there is one more reason: not enough computer resources. For example if disk is full.

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Because you made the mod wrong. Mistakes in mods makes such issues.
    Ahh there is one more reason: not enough computer resources. For example if disk is full.
    Hmm, your first response cannot be correct as it's been working fine since March and the problem is random and not with everyone. Running perfectly fine online with the only server in the world with this mod one moment to come back an hour later to getting mismatches or loading errors is not mod specific.

Your second is not correct because I have not even "scratched" the disk yet and it's the only mod I have installed for rFactor (I don't have the stock rF mods or tracks loaded). rFactor is the only game that gives me/us this kind of problem, iRacing, Unreal Toury 3, CoD:MW2, StarCraft 2, FIFA 2011, I can play with full graphics and not one error.

I brought this question to light because I want to know if there have been any improvements error reporting system, something A LOT less vague in nature. I've been creating mods for 3 years now and these little errors really slow the process, and really make it hard to troubleshoot when others or myself get errors out of nowhere after it's been installed and working correctly.

Thanks

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: SimRacingPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Do this:
    Launch dedic server on your local machine (your PC, from you are launching rF client) on this mod and track, with AI. Enter the server, just you, and switch sessions from practice 1 to race (can be through qual and warmup but that's not neccesary). If you have mismatches (yup, on your own machine) then it's your mod/track fault.

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by LesiU View Post
    Do this:
    Launch dedic server on your local machine (your PC, from you are launching rF client) on this mod and track, with AI. Enter the server, just you, and switch sessions from practice 1 to race (can be through qual and warmup but that's not neccesary). If you have mismatches (yup, on your own machine) then it's your mod/track fault.
    Thank you for your input but I think my question is being taking out of context as I'm not looking for any solution to any of the problems that have come my way. I can troubleshoot the problems that come up, the problem is that they can take awhile to solve. My question is for the dev guys is if a better error reporting system is being developed for rFactor 2.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Is the safety car in rF2 going to be improved from rF1?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Just wondering if the start lights will have more options when modding, speed, number of lights in the sequence or random timing.
    I would really like to be able make a decent Drag strip christmas tree without the 3 second delay between amber and green.
    http://www.friendly-online-gamers.net/forum/ http://www.dragfactor.net/ CPU: Intel I7 2600K @ 4.6GHz Motherboard: ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z Memory: 8GB DDR3 OS: 7 Professional 64bit Video: Nvidia GTX580 1.5GB

Mar 2011
    whether the presentation rfactor2 at E3?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    One more question about AI, will they run on a more complex engine then they did before?

As in, in rFactor, when AI lost wheels the car would "hover" as if it still had all 4 wheels. AI cars had different/simplified tyre models, physics, etc.

Also, will we see AI making realistic mistakes now? Tyre lock ups, spin outs, crashes, etc.

Thanks!
    BMW Compact Cup Driver #24
    My Official Website

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Will the safety car be improved ? What about if there are a lot of debris on the track ? Will there be a safety car out to clean the track ?
    Faites un geste pour la terre : préservez la couche d'eau jaune !

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Is it too late for a demo?

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #451
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by F1 2004 View Post
    Is it too late for a demo?
    No. But I havent heard much discussion about demo yet. But remember rF1 came with a trial so I know the guys like you to know what you are buying once a product goes public. We'll see...

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Medias medias medias. Screenshots, videos whatever...

in full hd !

Registered
    Oct 2010
    We just got an explanation for why there is no media dude, now we just have to wait a little longer.

BMW Compact Cup Driver #24
    My Official Website

Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by richiespeed13 View Post
    We just got an explanation for why there is no media dude, now we just have to wait a little longer.

+1
    "rFactor - Simulation for the Soul!"

PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    It would be nice to know if the safety car will be greatly improved in rF2?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Is the F1 Qualifying and the tyres rules in race possible?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I'm curious how many times the same question may be asked

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Jun 2011
    possible beta testing client/server?

Thx

19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #459
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Sorry don't have time to answer any posted questions. The other day I posted a few wallpapers on the Web site and today I added to them. They are all rendered (no in-game) car shots.

There is going to be some initial release info coming. Will shed some lights on stuff and I know it'll turn some to but there will be questions afterwards I'm sure. Working on that, but need to clear my inbox too for my other duties. Stay tuned.

Take a look at the desktop wallpapers anyway, worth a look. Some models you have not seen before:
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/downloads/wallpaper/

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Sorry don't have time to answer any posted questions. The other day I posted a few wallpapers on the Web site and today I added to them. They are all rendered (no in-game) car shots.

There is going to be some initial release info coming. Will shed some lights on stuff and I know it'll turn some to but there will be questions afterwards I'm sure. Working on that, but need to clear my inbox too for my other duties. Stay tuned.

Take a look at the desktop wallpapers anyway, worth a look. Some models you have not seen before:
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf2/downloads/wallpaper/

cheers Tim for the update, those renders are quality and a few surprises (for me at least) in there which was nice!

I've already predicted RF2 will release the same day as 'Star Wars: The Old Republic' so I have my Notice Of Resignation letter ready for my boss