Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Knowledgeable member
    No, this is Mills

Registered
    Oct 2010
    How do you recognize this as Mills? There is no such chicane on the rF1 version.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Apr 2011
    Looks like Ascari at Monza to me...

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Guineapiggy View Post
    Looks like Ascari at Monza to me...
    no, that's not Monza for sure! i know really well the track

Mills? mmh i don't remember very well this track, i don't drive on it since a long time. Can be a modified version?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    This is the West bend Chicane:

from here (2008 modifies)

Registered
    Mar 2011
    I would also say it's from Lime Rock, just watched the 2010 Lime Rock ALMS race

Knowledgeable member
    I thought it was confirmed as mills? Isn't it?

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Lime Rock, R.I.P. Another track ruined because of wings and compound tires. They spend millions to make the cars faster and then spend more hundreds of millions on the tracks to slow them back down. What stupidity.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DeDios View Post
    Not sure if has already been recognized but
    http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.ph...8&d=1286427174
    is this Lime Rock with new chicanes? in this shot can be the new West Bend.

I'm looking for a new Lime Rock version with new modifies; Uzzi was working on this but..no news from a long time.
    It could be Mills:
    After the Hairpin and quick chicane you veer left and come to a short right then left onto the long back straight. It could be there with an added section (on the left in the shot) which comes from that quick chicane straight onto the main back straight.
    I have seen and read that Mills is getting an overhaul including (I believe) the Pits moving to that back straight.

I await Scott to tell me I'm wrong

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DeDios View Post
    Not sure if has already been recognized but
    http://isiforums.net/f/attachment.ph...8&d=1286427174
    is this Lime Rock with new chicanes? in this shot can be the new West Bend.

I'm looking for a new Lime Rock version with new modifies; Uzzi was working on this but..no news from a long time.
    Its definitely Mills. Look at the latest tire model video, the green-white and yellow curbs and green-white tirewalls look exactly the same.
    Lime Rock curbs are plain white and tirewalls are black.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    thanks guys I was hoping it was Lime Rock, that chicane looks really similar to the West Bend.

Registered
    Mar 2011
    But could you guys tell me where's the chicane? I have driven there lot of laps and there is no such chicane like in the picture.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Vien1 View Post
    But could you guys tell me where's the chicane? I have driven there lot of laps and there is no such chicane like in the picture.
    as I said above Mills is getting an overhaul so its *probably* been re-modelled off what I was talking about above, hence this chicane is'nt in the original Mills GP circuit.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    We'll see when rF2 will be released or..when (IF) Scott or Tim will give us an answer

Knowledgeable member
    Diego,

before we will get an answer to the release date, i hope we see some new screens with everything set on full details.
    "rFactor - Simulation for the Soul!"

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacekid View Post
    Diego,

before we will get an answer to the release date, i hope we see some new screens with everything set on full details.
    Oh yes, sure!

PC Specification 

Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by codehound View Post
    Lime Rock, R.I.P. Another track ruined because of wings and compound tires. They spend millions to make the cars faster and then spend more hundreds of millions on the tracks to slow them back down. What stupidity.
    I am a former SCCA racer and winner at Lime Rock Park and I couldn't believe when
    SCCA lost most their race weekends back in 2005 or so.

They added the stupid turns and such to make the track "safer" for the rich folks in their 911's after they went to the "private country club" scheme. Their insurance
    company required them to make the upgrades.

Besides the $100,000 fee, there are annual dues of $5,000, and a one-time state tax of $10,000, Mr. Barber said.

But the park’s owner, Skip Barber, has started turning it into the automotive equivalent of a private club, selling $100,000 memberships that allow buyers 20 days’ access to the track annually for 50 years. On each of those days, members will be able to test their skills by lapping the track as fast as they can in any high-performance car they take to Lime Rock.

On April 10, 2008 Skip Barber held a "groundbreaking" ceremony for the upcoming reconstruction. At the same time, he announced the creation of the “Lime Rock Drivers Club,” a members-only organization with benefits analogous to an exclusive, private country club – but with racing and driving being the draw, not golf. Members are guaranteed a considerable block of private track days and instruction, in addition to Club amenities. The Lime Rock Drivers Club not only raised needed capital but ensured the track’s long-term existence by giving club members an equity interest in the facility.

The track’s biggest users, aside from the professional spectator race weekends, are the Skip Barber Racing School, the Lime Rock Drivers Club and the Connecticut Valley Region of the Porsche Club of America.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Probably i'm the only one but..i like new LR layout, imho a lot more interesting than older one BUT it's just my personal opinion

Sorry for OT about LimeRock guys XD

Registered
    Mar 2011
    new W.I.P screens please

Registered
    May 2011
    Hope this has not been asked.
    Would you implement other suspension types like Mac Pherson, rigid axel, or other ?