Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
ISI - Advertise
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Feb 2011
    @javixeneize, ofcourse. Tim Wheatley wrote: "Also worthy of note is that I was recording that realtime. My PC (which I bought and built for under $500) was capable of running rF2, running the realtime data and recording it all using Fraps without any issues." You have laptop, but i think you should not have any problems running the game with the highest settings. I think i "hear" that some of the ISI team predict Radeon x1000(x1600,x1650, x1950) series will be minimum for graphic and "core 2 duo" will be minimum or recommended processor.
    Last edited by kimikaze; 03-28-11 at 07:30 AM.

Newer Member
    Mar 2011
    Great!

I have a suggestion for ISI. Why dont you release a beta version so people can find out errors and impreovements. We can be beta testers!

Registered
    Oct 2010
    ISI is allready working with beta testers. And it's definitely a bad idea to make whole community beta test the software.

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch-SCO View Post
    People against an anti-cheat programe wtf.... who would ever expect to hear the likes unless its from a cheater.

The average joe can with simplicity cheat in rfactor this means leagues are under threat of someone using it, the cheat kicking around is that good you can speed your car up fractionlly to get on the same pace as the quick guys or even slightly quicker, now who would even bat an eyelid to that, what we want is something in place to prevent your average joe from ever trying it in the first place, if they know rfactor 2 has a decent anti cheat programe then it will detter anyone from using it apart from the hardcore hackers.

cdnracer it might not effect you with your 4 friends and 10 ai cars, but it is a big deal to large leagues who need somthing in place as a deterrent.
    LOL. Sure, call me a cheat because I'd rather see ISI spend their time on other things than anti cheat programs.

I remember about two months after Arma 2 was released the number of cheaters were getting pretty high in the servers. Then most of the servers were either password protected or empty. Eventually anti cheat fixes came out and the servers started filling up again but seriously if you're in a server full of cheaters you leave and find one without. Pretty simple.

Because rF is so modder friendly it is very hard to do a anti cheat program plus like I said before if someone wants to cheat they will find a way. Just my two cents.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    CdnRacer, you compare public server to league ones. It incomparable in this case. Even so, I don't want to empty my league grids just because of cheaters.

Cheating in its own is not so easy, but also not too hard for some one who wants do that. Anti-cheat methods are not dependent on modable content.
    So, to be honest I would like to see rF2 protected against cheating. but it is not most important thing should be done.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Building anti cheat devices is part of the parcel of making a game !

And like maxym says comparing league servers and public servers are incomparable, its irrelevant where you cheat its the fact it can be done so easily in rfactor, somthing needs implemented in rfactor 2 to detter it one way or another.

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    So, to be honest I would like to see rF2 protected against cheating. but it is not most important thing should be done.
    My point exactly.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    My point exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    Every program can be hacked. Cheaters will find a way to cheat. I really hope ISI doesn't bother with anti cheats. If they decide to go through steam then steam has VAC.

I really dont' see what the big deal is. Are you going to lose sponsorship money if you lose to a cheater?
    Your point is you hope they dont bother, my point is i hope they do !

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #129
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by nommura View Post
    In the video shows the maximum graphics settings?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by nommura View Post
    Ugly graphics. The game does not look attractive.
    Can you show at least a screenshot with the highest graphics settings, HDR, and Blur?
    We probably would have done if we could at this point.

PC Specification 

Your point is you hope they dont bother, my point is i hope they do !
    lol....please don't tell me what my point is.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Dont back track or reply with foolish posts then mate !

I'm pretty sure you'd be miffed to get beaten by your fellow kart racers who were using dodgy fuel/gas
    Last edited by Hutch-SCO; 03-28-11 at 01:46 PM.

12.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #132

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by phantom View Post
    Hi. I wonder are you guys doing something against the cheaters? In Rfactor there are lots of cheaters in online games. And there are no any anti cheat programs that can detect them.
    I'd like to know also, isi seem a bit reluctant to reply on the matter....
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew McP View Post
    One thing which genuinely worries me reading these forums is that some people might be expecting ISI to work miracles. The only way to minimise cheating is to nail down your sim really hard, like iRacing. And even iRacing has had (rare) issues despite its severe restrictions on how you can use their code.

League racing will always be the best way of minimising problems of any kind. Race with the same people all the time and you'll soon get an idea if someone is running faster than they have the talent for. And in the world of online racing where you rarely meet the same people in a race... who cares who's cheating? Seriously.

Ultimately this hobby is about satisfaction. If cheaters get satisfaction from hacking and winning, good luck to them. There's very rarely anything at stake apart from pride, and if that small minority of the community need a crutch to support their weak egos, then what the heck. There are worse things to worry about. Maybe their false victories driving in circles sat at a computer will make them happier people in real life, and mean they kick fewer cats.

Obviously I'm not saying cheating is a good thing, or acceptable, or that I have any respect for anyone doing it. And hopefully ISI will have found a way to make some kind of checks possible. But making a sim flexible enough to be widely modded and yet secure enough to stop cheating has to be nothing short of impossible.
    Heard it mentioned, so I assume they've done something. No idea what though and it possible that whatever they've done they would not make public (that only helps the cheaters).

Quote Originally Posted by sg333 View Post
    2:32 in the tire model video, i just noticed the marshall waving the yellow flag! Very nice!

edit: also at 0:12 the pit lane marshall waving the car out. Nice touches
    Yeah some of those animations really make a big difference. There may be planes, birds, and trackside animations of different types visible too if you look closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenniepen View Post
    - 0:29 on the left, 0:34 on the right: an animated blow-up cactus
    - Looks like all the marshals are well-equipped with toilets
    - I really like the sky, it's the first time I see some clouds.
    Ha, you found them.

The sky was considered 'overcast' and was set to stay overcast all through the session. Ordinarily you can have it random or tell is that you want it to switch from overcast to clear, etc. This affects track temp and therefore grip levels.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    Regarding the movie about 1:48 you can see that it is faster Gjon Camaj of 3.324 sec, maybe one day perform the race with a series of Formula ISI: ISI vs. the world: P
    That was A.I. This is actually a good point though as the AI was a bit faster than me and didn't crash into me, he found a good passing spot.

Quote Originally Posted by dragon View Post
    When you locked the wheels, if there are flat spot ? Is it likely to affect the conducting of the vehicle?
    Yes and yes. Some features were not enabled on this video, however, as they were developed at the same time as the new tire model using the old tire model, and are now being transferred (that was the quicker way of getting the development done on those features).

Quote Originally Posted by Aubrey Windle View Post
    Hi Tim, long time no "see".

I was wondering if bad manual gear shifts will cause damage, so you could burn out your clutch or lose a gear.

Also curious if any new features for turbos would be added. Realistic garage settings, turbo lag, sound effects, etc.
    Hey Aubrey! Good to see you here. How has that 1967 Lotus been treating you lately?

Unfortunately (along with most other questions I haven't answered) I can't answer this stuff yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GeraArg View Post
    Tim in the next video block the diff, is more fun...

I actually think that is because the back end slid to the right and while it wore the rr evenly it only leaned on the inner of the lr. I've seen similar on this car when I drive badly on a clockwise track, too, but on the other side. Could be wrong though... I didn't ask anybody why that was doing that.

Quote Originally Posted by Brettie View Post
    Will there be a ghost car and if so is it easy to copy that setup to AI files such as in the game Nascar Heat?
    It is here were you can effectively dual with yourself or add AI to an online game to boost numbers. If you do a perfect lap then they will do a perfect lap.
    Keep up the good work ISI as the first version is the best value for money $50 I ever spent.
    Brett
    There is a ghost car that you can use for training, etc, yes. As for copying in other people's, not sure yet.

Quote Originally Posted by javixeneize View Post
    This looks fantastic, but it requires a NASA computer

I have

Processor: Intel Core i5 Processor 430M(2.26GHz,3MB cache)
    Memory: 4096MB (2x2048) 1333MHz DDR3 Dual Channel
    Graphics : 1GB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 5850

Will Rfactor run under this?
    I think you asked on Twitter, too? Yes. How well it runs on any system specifically not known yet.

Quote Originally Posted by K Szczech View Post
    ISI is allready working with beta testers. And it's definitely a bad idea to make whole community beta test the software.
    Yes we already have some core testers but may need others soon. Stay tuned.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I am VERY interested in those extra beta testers that you need. I'd love to give some feedback, although I guess you will ask for some background, but I'm not going to spam the thread with it here.

Any answers on the brake fade that I asked some posts ago?

Cheers for answering carefully to most of the questions, anyway, Tim!
    HistorX.net - Historic FIA GT for rFactor

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    I actually think that is because the back end slid to the right and while it wore the rr evenly it only leaned on the inner of the lr. I've seen similar on this car when I drive badly on a clockwise track, too, but on the other side. Could be wrong though... I didn't ask anybody why that was doing that.

Dear Tim, I was joking!

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I posted a possible solution to the cheating due to cutting problem in the wishlist thread...but since it was brought up here ill throw in my 2 cents. One possible solution could be implimenting the natural hazzards that come with driving anywhere but the track surface. for example. Alter the collision model so that spliters can be more easily damaged do to offcourse driving...this happens all the time in real life...a car goes over the curb on the grass the splitter digs in and boom there goes the splitter... Also what about gummed up radiator do to grass entering....or even it can go so far as to bend suspension parts or cause cut tires at high speeds. All of which will cause problems with the cheaters car.

-Malik

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I think the cheating they are referring to is engine and tire hacking. Staying on course and cutting corners is a more sporting form of cheating.

17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #137

Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    I think the cheating they are referring to is engine and tire hacking. Staying on course and cutting corners is a more sporting form of cheating.
    Quote of the day

That's going on our social media.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Tim, there are working in an anticheat? that constantly check the RAM memory or something like that?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Question regarding the earlier screenshots released - one showed a Clio on what appeared to be a hillclimb; any idea if this track or point-to-point racing be in the initial release?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    There are easier cheats other than the ram cheat to use which opens your eyes to how easy it would be if you wanted too

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast