Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3440414243444546474854 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Newer Member
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    I already had people excited just because I managed to catch a slide in a video of rF2. They all said how much of a big step it was because that wasn't possible in rF1, but I've always felt capable of catching them in rF1 (at least in the ISI-made cars), too.
    Slides are definitely catchable in rF1 with most cars. There are cars that feel they just snap out of your hands but fiddling with the setup and getting adjusted to the car makes all the difference (F1 '71 for example). Once you get it together you can really trust the car and spank it. Winning the car and myself is very rewarding as typically my wins end right there

And if there's a car that just doesn't perform at all as one would expect the cuplrit is probably not the physics of rF but the mod. There's a lot of very driveable cars but also a bunch that just don't feel right. I expect the best to get better with rF2 but with mods coming from community there will always be cars that just don't make enough sense.

I also think the Monaco video looked very nice from some angles already. Like noted here you cannot draw any conclusion on the physics by a video but the movement of the cars looked smooth and tyres seemed to have nice lateral bite

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #862
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    I enjoy watching videos of real deal, specialy the kind i posted yesterday, the go pro one.

But maybe it can be fun to be the one who's drivin ?? I guess you did not watch my videos entirely, i have fun behind the wheel, it's quiet obvious when you see my videos.
    But that's my point. I could quite easily powerslide and have fun around a track "showing off" and then do another lap (with the same physics) driving smooth. But which lap would show the best physics? Neither!

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #863

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Rojola View Post
    Tim,

like asked before, do you happen to know if the shadow flickering problem that occurs in very large tracks has been fixed in rF2? ...Yes there are some maniacs that want to build road tracks exceeding hundreds of kilometers
    Usually won't answer something like that if I don't know. How long are we talking? Spa doesn't suffer from that.

Edit: Sorry, I see you did give a length. Still, don't have an answer so didn't give one. The only flickering I have seen (before things were refined) was LOD issues before I upgraded and was able to run max.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    I already had people excited just because I managed to catch a slide in a video of rF2. They all said how much of a big step it was because that wasn't possible in rF1, but I've always felt capable of catching them in rF1 (at least in the ISI-made cars), too.
    ..so it IS possible to show physics in a video

Of course you cant see visually how the physics work, but it gives you a rough idea how the car reacts to bumps, turns, understeer etc etc...

Even the Spa '67 video shows an obvious improvement over RF1, for anyone who has driven RF1 a lot, there are some things i noticed straight away about how the car was doing things differently than expected behaviour in RF1.

Also, and i stress this as the most important point, we just want more videos!!

Registered
    Oct 2010
    OT

Tim , who is the singer of the music in the video?

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Erm... it's in the video.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    ops.. sorry

Registered
    Oct 2010
    That footage doesn't exist. At the time this video was started, for example, HDR wasn't stable, so it couldn't be turned on for all shots, so it was turned off. Same with some other effects. And while HDR is now more stable the software is still in a beta state, so these issues still apply in some areas with this beta software which is being beta tested.

If you want legitimate ingame quality from an unfinished beta software which incomplete testing status and WIP effects just so you can tell us how it doesn't look right, even though we know it doesn't look right, because it isn't how it even looks when it is right, then I'm not sure I understand why. I would focus on what you CAN see in the video. You are seeing mirage heat haze on the track surface, you are seeing heat haze behind cars, you are seeing much improved shadowing, you are seeing the physics as best as they can be shown and some awesome content, while paying homage to one of the greatest racing movies and eras of motorsports in history.

Edit: But, I'll see what I can do. It might have to be in an F3 car though, they're enormous fun.

edit 2: saying the same thing in two places, not sure which said it better, but worth reading the other maybe... http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...ll=1#post14009
    I┤ll try to make myself clear...

First thing, physics - obviously is not a movie that make clear how it feels but can give us an idea between arcade and Simulation. That NFS shift video, that shum94 posted is more than enough to see that simulation there is a joke... (at least for me)

But lets assume one thing, rfactor 1 was an amazing game with amazing physics for his time, and who made him?.. ISI... So i don┤t have any doubt that in rf2 will be even better... If no, none of this worth it....

Second thing, FFB - I think is unanimous that FFB in rF 1 was very poor but Tim already told us that in rF2 FFB are amazing so, why not believe? They have some games to compare and after that do the best FFB out there... Sinbin's, Netkar, Iracing, etc....

Third thing, graphics - in video that i post yesterday (my mistake i didn't see the other thread) the all idea wasn't good. Yes we see marshall's movie that's amazing, yes we see heat haze, but and what? we saw long time ago a video with rain to dry transition that was amazing, and seems to be finished that effect, so with not an onboard lap with that effect multiplied 100x for example? We see a bunch of games that promotional videos ara amazing and motivates people to buy them but this video is just the oposite in my perpective. This video talking about colors look worst than rfactor 1 videos.

Has i told before physics anda FFB are very important in a simulation game but nowadays graphics are important too and more than 90% of critics in this forum are because of that. People and to see what rF2 can give us in addition to physics and FFB.

After that, what i hope??? rF2 be the best simulator ever made

Edit: Other cool thing to show if possible, how car reacts to wind...

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #869

Quote Originally Posted by Niksounds View Post
    OT

Tim , who is the singer of the music in the video?
    It is Lamb. Their management were very helpful and we thank them.

Quote Originally Posted by sg333 View Post
    ..so it IS possible to show physics in a video

Of course you cant see visually how the physics work, but it gives you a rough idea how the car reacts to bumps, turns, understeer etc etc...

Even the Spa '67 video shows an obvious improvement over RF1, for anyone who has driven RF1 a lot, there are some things i noticed straight away about how the car was doing things differently than expected behaviour in RF1.

Also, and i stress this as the most important point, we just want more videos!!
    No issue making them. Only issue right now is the time. One of the first things I actually want to do is an up-to-date version of the WIPs put out earlier (rain, Spa). As we now have a working replay system...

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #870

Quote Originally Posted by Nuno Lourenšo View Post
    I┤ll try to make myself clear...

First thing, physics - obviously is not a movie that make clear how it feels but can give us an idea between arcade and Simulation. That NFS shift video, that shum94 posted is more than enough to see that simulation there is a joke... (at least for me)

But lets assume one thing, rfactor 1 was an amazing game with amazing physics for his time, and who made him?.. ISI... So i don┤t have any doubt that in rf2 will be even better... If no, none of this worth it....

Second thing, FFB - I think is unanimous that FFB in rF 1 was very poor but Tim already told us that in rF2 FFB are amazing so, why not believe? They have some games to compare and after that do the best FFB out there... Sinbin's, Netkar, Iracing, etc....

Third thing, graphics - in video that i post yesterday (my mistake i didn't see the other thread) the all idea wasn't good. Yes we see marshall's movie that's amazing, yes we see heat haze, but and what? we saw long time ago a video with rain to dry transition that was amazing, and seems to be finished that effect, so with not an onboard lap with that effect multiplied 100x for example? We see a bunch of games that promotional videos ara amazing and motivates people to buy them but this video is just the oposite in my perpective. This video talking about colors look worst than rfactor 1 videos.

Has i told before physics anda FFB are very important in a simulation game but nowadays graphics are important too and more than 90% of critics in this forum are because of that. People and to see what rF2 can give us in addition to physics and FFB.

After that, what i hope??? rF2 be the best simulator ever made

Edit: Other cool thing to show if possible, how car reacts to wind...
    I'm not saying I'm not going to make videos, just what I think about seeing physics in them. Hopefully there's no misunderstanding there. I'm just discussing.

To explain perhaps clearer: If an arcade title (any, I'm not being specific) wasn't driven to it's limit, taking advantage of it's arcade inaccuracies (which is where bad physics are visible), but was instead driven realistically, do you think you could tell how bad the physics were in that situation? I know that because whenever I have had an arcade game in the past I have always tried to drive realistic - because that's how I want to drive - and I don't think it would be noticable how bad the physics were. I'm a fairly smooth driver, and usually well off alien pace.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I'm not saying I'm not going to make videos, just what I think about seeing physics in them. Hopefully there's no misunderstanding there. I'm just discussing.

To explain perhaps clearer: If an arcade title (any, I'm not being specific) wasn't driven to it's limit, taking advantage of it's arcade inaccuracies (which is where bad physics are visible), but was instead driven realistically, do you think you could tell how bad the physics were in that situation? I know that because whenever I have had an arcade game in the past I have always tried to drive realistic - because that's how I want to drive - and I don't think it would be noticable how bad the physics were. I'm a fairly smooth driver, and usually well off alien pace.
    Off course if we drive slow even in an arcade game we are not able to see the diference or is extremely difficult.

By the way, Tim to close the week on big give us a nice video in Estoril with some GT or open wheeler onboard with rain or sun high in sky, not sunset

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I think it's obvious what must be done here...

Somebody from myth-busters will have to rig up a real car to drive with a computer keyboard.

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #873

Do you mean the skid marks staying on the track surface? I haven't seen them disappearing.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010

Question : How is it right now in rF2, less convincing than this or better ?
    Sup. We dont hear rain lately and inboard cockpit rain previews date now. What about dirt track and wet conditions ?

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #875

Sup. We dont hear rain lately and inboard cockpit rain previews date now. What about dirt track and wet conditions ?
    I'm going to try to get some updates of the early WIPs.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    merci

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I still think the best way to show off the physics would be some good old fashioned screwing around. J-turns, hopping over low curbs and quick stops and burnout U-turns in a road car show off how the weight of the car is shifted how grip is handled if the movement looks fluid. In rf1 all those things seem foreign to the engine but a physics engine is a physics engine and no matter the test it should be accurate against real life. Drive over some 1 foot concrete pyramids and let us watch.

PC Specification 

No more vids, no more pics. You've released min. specs and enough info on some of the features of rF2. Just sell me the beta and I will test.

ISI is close to releasing rF2 because I can smell that new plastic smell.

Most comments at this point are people just wanting to be heard. They are all irrelevant. I think everybody here will buy rF2 no matter what the answers are to these silly questions and if they're not buying it they're just trolling. Release rF2 in beta form one month from now. end forum.
    Last edited by CdnRacer; 10-15-11 at 02:20 AM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Honey i want rain and i want it right. No point doing it if its not done in a better way than train simulator. I talk cockpit windshield graphical representation.

rFactor 2 has many features and we dont know how well it works. I'm very curious to see if the software handle right the drying line and why not the dirt part of the track of dry conditions. I wanna be pissed because i'm first on the grid and not on the clean side of the track etc etc...

I expect a lot from ISI. Thats why i'm very bitchy about everything.

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Johannes Rojola View Post
    Tim,

like asked before, do you happen to know if the shadow flickering problem that occurs in very large tracks has been fixed in rF2? ...Yes there are some maniacs that want to build road tracks exceeding hundreds of kilometers
    shadow flickering must be something to do shadow map size..i've been tweaking enb.series and im using shadow option ...default shadow map size were 256 ..i've increased size to 1024...now flickering almost disapier...tested Raceking's nords..continue testing...lol