Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3238394041424344454652 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #821
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    Can we have something like this for rFactor 2 ?

http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/devcorner...f-rfactor-joe/
    http://rfactor.net/web/rf1/devcorner...actor-terence/

We're in October and rF2 is apparently for 2011 release. December probably.

I really like to know what's new technical wise in differents area such as the netcode, physics, sound, ffb, graphics & modding part.
    The guys have said they'll do some if they have time, but I'm certainly not pressing them for those, all things considered.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #822

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Exactly lol
    It's just i'm in a very good mood on fridays, and i'd be even more with some updates.

Some would say it's best to publish stuff when i'm in good mood
    Noted.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Back to some ingame questions, some guys mentioned wanting the ability to be able to force graphic settings on the server, do you know if we will have any options to do this tim.

I was thinking of the weather options, if its raining the spray of the car in front will slow you down as visualy you won't be able to see the track as clear, if the weather detail is adjustable it means someone on the lower end pc will be seeing more than the guy using the highend spec pc.

PC Specification @Pandamasque 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    +1 same goes with all special FX such as smoke, dust etc.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Sunday is random Youtube of rF1 appreciation day.

We can pick a video each week and point out things from rF1 we don't want to see in rF2..

Example.. I hate how the shadows disappear on long tracks. Please fix this. Also tire interactions with the ground have always looked laggy and fake.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Example.. I hate how the shadows disappear on long tracks.
    That's actually a request for modders, not for ISI.

Also tire interactions with the ground have always looked laggy and fake.
    Why even bring that up? Do they also look laggy and fake on rF2 WIP videos?
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by K Szczech View Post
    Why even bring that up? Do they also look laggy and fake on rF2 WIP videos?
    No but people care about their future sim and they want to give their feedback. For example I hope reflections will be dynamic and not static on the car. Anyway we still have to see a proper video with HDR enabled and the last stuff.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Yeah, but this thread is called "Developer Q&A", so if people will start talking here for the sake of talking, then what about all those who actually do have a question for developwers? Do they need to write their questions in red or something?

As for reflections - of course they're dynamic - that's allready implemented and you can see it in WIP videos. If as you say, you really care about rFactor2 you should allready know that there will be real reflections.

That's the whole point of giving feedback - reacting to something that has been shown, not making up things - that's what the wishlist thread is for. Let's keep this thread as clean as possible, shall we? Otherwise there's little reason for it to exist at all.
    Last edited by K Szczech; 10-09-11 at 07:45 PM.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Modding Group: Finns on track 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by K Szczech View Post
    That's actually a request for modders, not for ISI.
    Actually it is problem in the engine.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Whats up, it's Monday!

PC Specification Facebook profile @TeamVHR Modding Group: VHR Stockcar 

Newer Member
    Jun 2011

Cool Nascar Rules

As a Stockcar modding team...I was wondering if Nascar rules will be updaed for rfactor 2, such things as double file restarts and a working lucky dog rule.

Thanks,
    Dave

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    What about damage? Is it going to be improved in some way? in which one?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    DmitryRus: Nice rallycross work there. I see there is an alternative line there on the track, is there some logic in rFactor that checks if u have driven that alternative line atleast 1 time during a race? If not, then i hope rF2 will have such logic. Rallycross is cool and intense.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010

Didnt bother to find a right place to post it, here will do.

Anyone pationate of racing and anyone making a racing game should watch this video !

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    ^ The helmet cam give you a false/wrong perspective of what you would see in real life. Every bump and shake gets exaggerated.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Agree but i like the fact we are at the level of the helmet and not with a cam in the far back of the cockpit.
    And the sound, is just marvelous.

17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #837

Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    What about damage? Is it going to be improved in some way? in which one?
    Yes, but possibly not activated until in the beta or with initial release. 100% sure of changes, just not sure when they'll go 'final' and you'll get to use them in the software.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Tim, is the video you mentioned on Facebook still coming today?

19.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #839

Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERbreaks View Post
    No but people care about their future sim and they want to give their feedback. For example I hope reflections will be dynamic and not static on the car. Anyway we still have to see a proper video with HDR enabled and the last stuff.
    Unfortunately even though you're getting a cool (very cool) video today posted by friends of ours in a couple of hours, HDR isn't enabled on that as it was started before the HDR tech was as stable as it is now. Still, as I said before, we are starting to put some work into showing you what things are going to look like at least for the modders open beta.

Today's video is really more a really good showing (in my opinion - as best as you can show in a video) of physics and the quality of the track itself. The track is also a brand-new never announced real track.

Quote Originally Posted by bokoboko View Post
    i see ur point..

but i didnt see any mentions about feeling except that ur talking about and noone is interesting about the feeling.I mean cmon,are u serious guys? The first thing is the feeling-physics.
    I saw many ideas thougts questions about graphics..hd photos etc.

I just dont want to see rfactor 2 not having at least a good feeling etc.I dont want to be disapointed cause i find dificult to keep up with any sim out there..
    Anyway i think they can give us some info.At least did they try it to make it very good or just an ffb that when i go over kerbs my wheel will go nuts and everyone is happy?
    I mean i want to feel weight transfer,when i lock wheel has to be lighter etc...
    I want to know cause no matter how good graphics,sounds will have i want to feel all that.If i cant feel the road,the weight of the car when has traction or when it looses it whats the point?
    I hope they work on it and took it seriously as the graphics etc.
    I still want some info if they can give us.
    Thanks
    I can only really say that I've never had a much fun and felt the driving as much. Unfortunately no screenshot, no video or even a post by me is going to do the job of giving you what you need answered here. Only you can determine that you like and feel these things...

Exactly lol
    It's just i'm in a very good mood on fridays, and i'd be even more with some updates.

Some would say it's best to publish stuff when i'm in good mood
    In a good mood today? It's really close to Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by Hutch-SCO View Post
    Back to some ingame questions, some guys mentioned wanting the ability to be able to force graphic settings on the server, do you know if we will have any options to do this tim.

I was thinking of the weather options, if its raining the spray of the car in front will slow you down as visualy you won't be able to see the track as clear, if the weather detail is adjustable it means someone on the lower end pc will be seeing more than the guy using the highend spec pc.
    Some of that LOD stuff may extend into the open beta, but I haven't seen many screens from the guys testing with low-end PCs that are that different to what I see yet, but of course in testing I am sure things might change one way or the other later.

Quote Originally Posted by mclaren777 View Post
    Was I wrong to be expecting another Q&A by now?
    At this point, yes. I feel that it is more important the devs spend maximum time bringing you the software more than info about the software. It's very close to you being able to answer a lot of your own questions, but maybe we'll squeeze one in.

20.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #840

October is near and rF 2 is supposedly to be schedule for 2011 and it's very quiet. Some infos about the developpment would be nice.
    If I say it's in development, does that count?

Quote Originally Posted by Kalle Lints View Post
    Well. They said that they dont comment release date but question is. Do they know it or not. If they do then they must have good reason for keep it secret. If they dont then this may not be released when we expect that. I mean we maybe dont see it in 2011. So if I get answer that ISI knows exactly when game will be out then thats enaugh for me For now
    You don't know a release date for software unless you have a marketing department or a publisher pushing a date on you.

I'm fairly certain you'll be able to drive rF2 in 2011, the open modders beta will be this year. The initial release, however, although I think 2011, that's what's up in the air. You don't know how long a testing period is going to be if you're completely honest and not being pushed to release the beta as a finished product. And the fact is, the initial release of rFactor 2 won't be the final, either. rFactor 1 didn't get onto DVD as version 1.0.

Most software released on the market today is forced out on a particular date. Marketing teams like to be able to say very early when you'll be able to buy it (I certainly would love to with rFactor 2, but we're not in that position as we're our own publisher).

I can't tell you how many times I have bought a game and it simply doesn't run... I have to wait for the first patch, the second patch, etc, just to be able to play the game. A game that I thought was ready to play (perhaps naively) on release day.

Software development seems totally random when you're on the inside of it. Unexpected and expected things, which all take time, spring up. If you have a release date, you either have to push that release date, which is a marketing nightmare, or you have to put out a buggy product pretending it's final and hope your testing team can work quick enough that by the time everybody gets their DVDs you have a patch ready to go.

Fortunately, and I know it's annoying to not know, Gjon has too much respect for the customer (and experience) to just pluck a date out of the air and hope it sticks.

Sorry for the long one... But one of the things that annoys me the most these days as a consumer is the 'release day patch' and betas being labelled as final. /rant