Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 40 of 57 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenniepen View Post
    In a big field of AI-cars, on an drying track, you are in disadvantage if you drive a different racing line than the bunch of AI-cars, because their racing line dries much faster.
    That would be the same if the drying line was just based on the predefined racing line that you weren't following, and if you were on with 20 human drivers and they all took a different line to you as well (which, in places where it really matters, probably isn't very likely in either case). Also we're assuming AI will all follow the exact same line; perhaps there is more variation than we've seen in the past.

Sep 2011
    Awesome reading! Thank you very much. can't wait for RF2

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quick query on open documentation... MediaWiki (like Wikipedia uses) or Confluence? I'm torn and a community opinion is useful. Some of you (including me) may have used Confluence at work. Our tester group leans towards Confluence.
    for open beta?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Will Rfactor 2 work with MOTEC?

Fingers crossed.

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubby View Post
    Will Rfactor 2 work with MOTEC?
    Define 'work with Motec'. In-GUI telemetry is, as far as I know, an unknown at this point. There'll be Motec-compatible logging plugins for sure, so that'll be a backup if there's no built-in option or people still prefer Motec. I can't imagine transferring plugins will be too difficult, especially initially, so I know I for one will be updating mine to work. If it happens to come with its own telemetry that does a good job then that'll be a bonus.

Motec compatible out of the box - I doubt it. The i2 Pro license forbids use with unsupported logging devices, so unless there's an actual tie with them I doubt they can actually support it as part of rF2.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Thanks for your reply, yeah happy with a plugin.

Love what Motec can do.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @rFactor2Updates 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Was I wrong to be expecting another Q&A by now?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @fastorro Where I race Modding Group 

Registered
    Oct 2010

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by any
    Fingers crossed.
    Me too!!!

jejeje

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    October is near and rF 2 is supposedly to be schedule for 2011 and it's very quiet. Some infos about the developpment would be nice.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Personally i don't care about release date, i'm doing an another (probably the last) championship with rF and i'm really happy. I'm sure ISI guys are 100% busy with rF2 so..when will be some news we'll see it here.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    October is near and rF 2 is supposedly to be schedule for 2011 and it's very quiet. Some infos about the developpment would be nice.
    21 december 2012 is close too...Take it ISI,it's just my idea,but i think when it's ready we will see it

Seriously:they've said and confirmed many times that before christmas we'll be driving it,so why keep asking?The answer's still the same isn't it?

Registered
    Jun 2011
    i also dont trust the 2011 release date 100% because very few games are released with such little news or publicity so close before the launch date. even bad games have publicity and news before so a game like rfactor 2 wich has a big comunity should have more news. and if they are aiming for new players and not only the thousands of fans then they wont succeed because noone knows abaut rf2

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by StopPt View Post
    i also dont trust the 2011 release date 100% because very few games are released with such little news or publicity so close before the launch date. even bad games have publicity and news before so a game like rfactor 2 wich has a big comunity should have more news. and if they are aiming for new players and not only the thousands of fans then they wont succeed because noone knows abaut rf2
    ISI is not a big company with millions of $$$ and they're not releasing a "game" as f1 2011 or something you'll find in your gamestop near home so quick;
    they'll probably put more effort in working the software than spending resources to publicize it...After all,if you know about rF2 as all people here,probably have known about rF1 for the good ones about it,not for the "spot" on tv or games-magazine;
    by the way,if the red bull f1 team uses rFactor PRO I think they've no doubt about the success,even if you warned them
    C'mon guys reeeeelax

By the way,if R. Barrichello,Massa and some others real life drivers uses rF's clone to entertain theirself in spare time or training, I think that publicity is already enough to know about ISI's existance
    Last edited by Cris_Ace; 09-19-11 at 09:03 AM.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris_Ace View Post
    ISI is not a big company with millions of $$$ and they're not releasing a "game" as f1 2011 or something you'll find in your gamestop near home so quick;
    they'll probably put more effort in working the software than spending resources to publicize it...After all,if you know about rF2 as all people here,probably have known about rF1 for the good ones about it,not for the "spot" on tv or games-magazine;
    by the way,if the red bull f1 team uses rFactor PRO I think they've no doubt about the success,even if you warned them
    C'mon guys reeeeelax

By the way,if R. Barrichello,Massa and some others real life drivers uses rF's clone to entertain theirself in spare time or training, I think that publicity is already enough to know about ISI's existance
    i agree but for all of us that are waitting with great expectations a little glimpse or news would settle us down for a moment xD and im talking about the people here wich are probably adicted or were adicted to rf1 (like myself) we would like news. and new users could be drawn to rf if they heard news or publicity. but im not aware of the budget or marketing plan so, ill shut up now

PC Specification 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Well. They said that they dont comment release date but question is. Do they know it or not. If they do then they must have good reason for keep it secret. If they dont then this may not be released when we expect that. I mean we maybe dont see it in 2011. So if I get answer that ISI knows exactly when game will be out then thats enaugh for me For now

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    I'm still betting on a 2013 release.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Apr 2011
    This thread, of late, has almost gone in the general direction of "pointlessness" regarding release dates and speculation .... I wish it wouldn't but anyway.

Now was there a suggestion of a second 'Question and Answer' in addition to this threads OP ?

My immediate questions would include :-

-) Can you provide an overview of the support tools etc for the mod devs post release?

-) Will there be short cut / keyboard bindings for things like garage car setup options?
    Last edited by theother5; 09-20-11 at 05:25 AM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    When is open beta ready?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by F1 2004 View Post
    When is open beta ready?
    When the closed tests are finished.
    "rFactor - Simulation for the Soul!"

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    One question after last shots: no way to see the rear of car in mirrors? would be a great addiction for realism.