Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 28 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    rFactor 2 will be released pretty soon! In the meantime we can confirm we do have a target within the year (2011)

the end of the year

We should be posting some information on how rFactor 2 will be released pretty soon!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    was that on Twitter?

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    No, that's on the same page linked to above.

Well I for one hope Shum94 gets his game soon... I'd hate for him to be disappointed.

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazza View Post
    No, that's on the same page linked to above.

Well I for one hope Shum94 gets his game soon... I'd hate for him to be disappointed.

LOL

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Modding Group: Alpharacers Modding Team 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    A little pressure for ISI guys...

"Be throttle, my friend"

PC Specification Facebook profile @TChapman500 Modding Group: CCMG 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Those guys at iRacing are too lazy to put in AI and they're a strictly online service that charges a recurring fee just to be able to keep your car setups.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    The recent iRacing 2.0 tire model comparison video is the best... And that is sarcasm. You can't judge a tire model by watching two different cars of similar types driven by HUMANS drive around the same track and watch the steering wheel turn.

They would need AI and crazy graphs to show a difference.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @rFactor2Updates 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I expected an announcement about the release date by now.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @NoLimit_GER Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mclaren777 View Post
    I expected an announcement about the release date by now.
    +1

I hope that it's just silence before the storm though. I'd really love to see rFactor2 to be released in 2011.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Gödicke View Post
    +1

I hope that it's just silence before the storm though. I'd really love to see rFactor2 to be released in 2011.
    Yea I am sure I read that they would be telling us the release date by the end of the week. And that is 3 weeks ago now??

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by TChapman500 View Post
    Those guys at iRacing are too lazy to put in AI and they're a strictly online service that charges a recurring fee just to be able to keep your car setups.
    iRacing is all about realism ... AI racing simulation will never get as realistic as human controlled opponents so I really don't think they will ever release some kind of AI ... and this is certainly not because they are lazy!!?? These guys are constantly updating the sim and adding new features ... Also you won't loose your content or setups if you don't renew your membership right away ... yes it's kind of expensive but what you pay is what you get, the best current racing simulator period ...

I am really looking forward for rFactor 2 and I hope it's as good or even better then iRacing 2.0 that is coming really soon (good luck!)... but I am really not impressed about the previews they released so far and until ISI annonces an official release date and release a clear cockpit gameplay footage video, this title remains a myth for me ...

Bleco
    Last edited by bleco; 07-06-11 at 09:30 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    It really is odd that they are this far along and they still haven't been able to produce ingame footage. I really am not that concerned though. I would be happy with the existing rF1 gfx engine but with physics/tire/gui/admin improvements.

Knowledgeable member
    ISI is working hard, give them some time.
    Everyone there is focussing rF2 even over private interests.
    They started showing stuff but the community did not understand that this were wip shots and a lot of critic came up, too much.
    I think they ll not risk showing some shots with unfinished graphics until the new graphics stuff is in, which is not yet.

I am sure you will get further information very soon, just keep cool for some more days.

Iracing tires are nice, rf2 tires are better, for sure .

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
    They started showing stuff but the community did not understand that this were wip shots and a lot of critic came up, too much.
    I believe community understand what WIP does mean. But we were disappointed about developing progress. That's all.

Knowledgeable member
    There is no reason to be disappointed, tons of new stuff are made are invisible for you on screenshots.
    I am a solitaire, a free man. Krabbelschuhe, Dessous and more. rF2 can't stop racing!

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Hibbard View Post
    It really is odd that they are this far along and they still haven't been able to produce ingame footage. I really am not that concerned though. I would be happy with the existing rF1 gfx engine but with physics/tire/gui/admin improvements.
    Who says they haven't been able to make in-game footage? What was the rain video we saw, not from rF2, cause I thought it was? I would like to see a release date as well but that will not please everyone because they'll still pick at ISI to make the date sooner lol it's a no win if they put out "footage". Besides, this lack of content seems to keep the crowd sticking around and eying it, I think ISI are sitting pretty even if the community "tries" to scare it with thoughts of iRacing or whatever else they can think of. Last year Codemasters put out tons of content before F12010 released, it got all hyped and turned out to be a bust. The crowd pushed and pushed them and they turned out an unfinish product. I applaud ISI's demeanor to hold their policy true, "when something is worth showing they will show it". I do agree with you Noel the GFX from rF1 is actually pretty good and only needs maintenance tweaks (I have an nVidia card so I get texture lockups a lot). I'm sure the new physics and tires are going to be amazing though.

IMO iRacing is a really good simulator, but is it really worth paying for, to each their own I say. I don't agree with the pay system but that doesn't stop me from racing there because the cars are amazing to drive. Although when my 2 year subscription runs out I might not re-up, I'll decide then but it has nothing to do with rF2's release or how it drives. No sense in being single minded about it.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JuanitoRPM View Post
    A little pressure for ISI guys...

Sounds like political propaganda, they promise a million things but it is actually more of the same with minor cosmetic changes and a new name to avoid obsolescence hahahaha

Iracing tires are nice, rf2 tires are better, for sure .
    This sounds good, I just hope they also support dirt and ice surfaces, I'm a lover RBR but already has over a lot of years and no replacement in sight, I hope ISI note that...

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Noel Hibbard View Post
    It really is odd that they are this far along and they still haven't been able to produce ingame footage.

Produced

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    There is no reason to be disappointed, tons of new stuff are made are invisible for you on screenshots.
    Is it your guess or you have a list of tons of confirmed improvements?
    Finally it is not about how many. It is about for how long. I expected developing to be more advanced after 3 years. So, WIPs showing some experiments wasn't what I was expected.
    I think a part of community had the same feelings and it is a reason of disappointing.

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    ISI doesn't just do rFactor. rFactor is largely a snapshot of their ongoing engine, and rFactor2 is the same again (so they grab the underlying stuff, put the existing rF things on it and then work towards a set of release features [or start with rF and start putting updated engine stuff in it... either way], in the meantime [as has been mentioned previously] if and when they make an improvement in their system it gets patched into rF2 as well). A lot of people think ISI has been working on rFactor 2 since they stopped rFactor 1, and that makes sense if you think that's all they do. However, it is not.