Page 52 of 58 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1149

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

Registered
    Apr 2011
    Tim, do you already know how much the online accounts would be?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Interesting to read the section about cheating. I know that a group who race online are able to use Soft Tyres through the whole race without any wear on the tyre. Would be good if we could weed out such idiots.
    They think they are fast but only in their own tiny minds.
    Very interesting read.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1023
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

Quote Originally Posted by cloudXXI View Post
    Tim, do you already know how much the online accounts would be?
    They're still working that out, we'll do a more in-depth post on this.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    In regard to the question about the steering wheel used for development, will there be an HCL? How about any kind of integration with certain wheels. By integration I mean the ability to modify things, like lock, without exiting the sim.

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1025

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 Photo/Screenshot sharing profile LiveRacers Driver Page iGP Manager Link 

Quote Originally Posted by lespaul20 View Post
    In regard to the question about the steering wheel used for development, will there be an HCL? How about any kind of integration with certain wheels. By integration I mean the ability to modify things, like lock, without exiting the sim.
    Controller setup is pretty advanced. Some very cool and quick settings.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Controller setup is pretty advanced. Some very cool and quick settings.
    Now that is what I am interested in. All these damned drivers getting in the way of us race engineers. tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak, tweak.... tweak.

Registered
    Apr 2011
    By the way, there´s a lot of talk in the net about the online acccount.

What is it exactly? Do you need one for online racing?

Registered
    Oct 2011
    What does it mean "open beta"?? its only for modders??? guys you cant do that we are waiting so long

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Learn to read people ^^

The account comes with the purchase, you are free to not resuscribe at the end of it.
    The beta will be open for everyone, though you'll have to pay for it.

I just re read the interview, the account part, it's so vague. I ca not understand an interviewer will not stay on it in the next question.
    Or it wasnt an interview via messenger client but more a submitted questions in advance.

No questions on sound improvments, no numbers about technical stuff. I regret that

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I love the idea of the online account. This should help admins keep track of who is who. No more changing names all the time to get away from a bad reputation.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    [/QUOTE]I love the idea of the online account. This should help admins keep track of who is who. No more changing names all the time to get away from a bad reputation.[/QUOTE]

Hi. I'm curious where you got this information, or if it's just an assumption. If your right it sounds great.
    So far it seems like 99% of the info on the net about this new subscription service is rumors based on:
    a-what people want it to be
    b-what people do not want it to be

Kind of sounds like a PR nightmare for Mr. Wheatley... IMHO(which means nothing lol) ISI would have been better off not mentioning the service until they were ready to tell us what it does and doesnt do. ie: theres people saying it will group racers by skill like iracing (umm seriously doubt it), some say you wont be able to race online without it(which translates into lost sales to hotheads that dont take the time to research this)

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    Learn to read people ^^

The account comes with the purchase, you are free to not resuscribe at the end of it.
    The beta will be open for everyone, though you'll have to pay for it.

I just re read the interview, the account part, it's so vague. I ca not understand an interviewer will not stay on it in the next question.
    Or it wasnt an interview via messenger client but more a submitted questions in advance.

No questions on sound improvments, no numbers about technical stuff. I regret that
    They said Q&A not a Trilogy. They can't tell you everything, you know in the meanwhile they have to finish it.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot View Post
    I love the idea of the online account. This should help admins keep track of who is who. No more changing names all the time to get away from a bad reputation.
    Hi. I'm curious where you got this information, or if it's just an assumption. If your right it sounds great.
    Just an assumption. Sorry for the confusion.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    IP joining server is not possible if the Online renewscription is not done, yes or no ?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    It's not possible to connect directly to IP address without paid subscription. It's clear now.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: SimRacingPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Watch out with that, Thugg! Tim might come here and say that he never said anything like that and it is you who overinterpreting his annoucements ;-)

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    edit: never mind, got my awnser.

It's not possible to connect directly to IP address without paid subscription. It's clear now.
    This will put more pressure on leagues no doubt. As it is (and allways will be) allot of leagues are under pressure with a fluctuating userbase, some die out due to it and only a few big ones survive throughout the years. No doubt more restrictions means more issues for leagues.

Ah well

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1038

Well personally I think if they list themselves properly they should get more users. This is actually how I joined most leagues I was in with older sims... I would see a server in the list I had an awesome ping to, so I would find out what league that was run by and try to get in there.

Oct 2010
    What is the status of supporting dirt physics in rFactor 2? As well as changing track conditions with dirt tracks? Big community with the dirt oval side of things.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    When you mod and you are finished, you upload via rFactor 2 interface and so everybody can download it ? That's the system ?