Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 242484950515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1135

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    It's not possible to connect directly to IP address without paid subscription. It's clear now.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: SimRacingPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Watch out with that, Thugg! Tim might come here and say that he never said anything like that and it is you who overinterpreting his annoucements ;-)

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    edit: never mind, got my awnser.

It's not possible to connect directly to IP address without paid subscription. It's clear now.
    This will put more pressure on leagues no doubt. As it is (and allways will be) allot of leagues are under pressure with a fluctuating userbase, some die out due to it and only a few big ones survive throughout the years. No doubt more restrictions means more issues for leagues.

Ah well

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1024
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Well personally I think if they list themselves properly they should get more users. This is actually how I joined most leagues I was in with older sims... I would see a server in the list I had an awesome ping to, so I would find out what league that was run by and try to get in there.

Oct 2010
    What is the status of supporting dirt physics in rFactor 2? As well as changing track conditions with dirt tracks? Big community with the dirt oval side of things.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    When you mod and you are finished, you upload via rFactor 2 interface and so everybody can download it ? That's the system ?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Well personally I think if they list themselves properly they should get more users. This is actually how I joined most leagues I was in with older sims... I would see a server in the list I had an awesome ping to, so I would find out what league that was run by and try to get in there.
    True, but thats only part of the issue imo.
    My main concern is with the renewal for another year is that people will have to make a choise. It doesn't sound like much but it rules out quite a few drivers in potential. If i would just focus on the league i am in it would be a matter of having a huge userbase with a smaller core of active members. (50 or so)

-Any member only joining in for fun every once in a while will have to decide wether a renewal is worth the odd race here and there. (these are members whom quite regurarly come back as active members)
    -Members competing in both our iracing and rfactor championships will have to pay for two sims+updates/renewals. some might also have to decide whether that is prefferable.
    -members only showing up when surtain cars are used or only participating in special/annual events will have to make up their minds as well.
    -Added server costs (as it looks like we need much more then we have now) means relying much more on donations which increases the costs per-member allready. So when donating before was an act of loyalty/charity even if a member was not realy active, now it has to become a concious decision, donate + renewal+ be active. otherwise it makes no sence.
    -And if donations indeed influence grid-sizes (lets say we cant cash it up for a better server as a community) then we will have even bigger issues because then we might have 50 members next year whom all renewed but they are beeing placed on reserve lists or otherwise because we cant handle them all on one server.
    I for one am not looking forward explaining to members they cant race due to restricted grid size whilst we 'have to' push the renewal-system in order to race.

Mind you, i'm not bitching, i'm just thinking out loud trying to get a grip with the consequences based on the little info we have so far. i realise its abit too early and i might be overly concerned.
    Running a league succesfully is constant hard work, i even suggested to the other admins to have a member-stop when rf2 comes out just to make sure we dont get too many pickup racers whom screw up a good system but that might be counter-productive now

Edit: i'm not against the renewals btw. makes perfect sence to do it as a company and we (users) are quite used to it anyways by now so its not realy an issue per se.
    The concern is not beeing able to bypass everything and just focus on one-league/one-server. isolate ourselfes and still be able to organise championships with anyone whome bought rf2 in the first place.
    Last edited by Denstjiro; 11-03-11 at 12:04 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Oh, and one of 'those inactive users whom might become active in time' is you Tim!

Newer Member
    Aug 2011
    all develloper are make buisness now the power of rFactor was to stay correct with that.Please ISI don't follow the bad example of Iracing or Microsoft With Xbox360.Times are hard now ...

For the single player we got any videos of the IA so ... for me i can't know if buy rF for the single player is a good thing ...
    Last edited by Dreamer; 11-03-11 at 12:47 PM.

Newer Member
    Nov 2011
    will it be possible to buy/renew rf2 without creditcard, paypal etc.? i got plenty of cash but nothing to do with banks. would be a shame if i could not buy it.(ok will buy it somehow anyway but it would be pretty inconvenient)
    pre-paid like paysafecard would be nice.

11.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1031

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Schmidt View Post
    will it be possible to buy/renew rf2 without creditcard, paypal etc.? i got plenty of cash but nothing to do with banks. would be a shame if i could not buy it.(ok will buy it somehow anyway but it would be pretty inconvenient)
    pre-paid like paysafecard would be nice.
    You should be able to use the pre-paid cards just fine. PayPal certainly accepts them (needs to be a known type like Visa, MC, etc).

It's worth saying, actually, TryMedia isn't handling rF2 transactions, we are.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Any idea what the price in € would be? $43.99 would mean about 32€, but that ain't going to happen, will it?

13.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1033

I have no idea on that.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Crusher112 View Post
    Any idea what the price in € would be? $43.99 would mean about 32€, but that ain't going to happen, will it?
    Where is your problem?

The current currency exchange rate means 32€ = 44$. Thats the way how international payments works, and how it should be.

It would be also ok, if the official currency exchange rate would mean 55€ = 44$. Then we would have to pay 55€ instead of 32€.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Make money charge the same in €

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by shum94 View Post
    Make money charge the same in €
    I'm not too stingy to pay 44$, but i cant see any reason to do so.

ISI wants 44$ for their product, an if i pay 32€ they get the 44$
    If i would pay 44€, ISI gets 60$. And why should i pay 16$ more, just for the reason i I live in europe?

btw. I pay with PayPal, an there you must enter the currency. In this case of course the currency is $. An guess what? Yes, PayPal debits is in €, exactly the amount of the official currency exchange rate.

Again ... I have no Problem to pay 44€. Just i cant see any reason to do that, unless ISI wants 60$ for their product.

edit: it's just crazy that we have to discuss this topic
    Last edited by Gridgirl; 11-04-11 at 11:05 AM.

17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1037

hehe, I know, but I only got through USD price so far.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Gridgirl View Post
    Where is your problem?

The current currency exchange rate means 32€ = 44$. Thats the way how international payments works, and how it should be.

It would be also ok, if the official currency exchange rate would mean 55€ = 44$. Then we would have to pay 55€ instead of 32€.
    The problem is that many charge the same amount of €'s as they do $'s. The difference is quite big.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2011
    I do not understand why this game is so cheap. 100, -
    would also be ok.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Tim, a few questions:

Will there be rain in initial release (or beta)?
    Will there be Live Track in initial release (or beta)?