Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 27 of 57 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: rFactor 2 Developer Q&A

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Knowledgeable member
    Keep cool, they re busy putting in some components to show you something.

PC Specification Facebook profile @TChapman500 Modding Group: CCMG 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    I wouldn't join iRacing for any reason because they charge monthly and you don't get to keep anything if your membership expires. Besides, the ISI simulators are the best simulators available. Primarily because of how easy it is to set up physics on a per-vehicle basis and it's ability to support just about any racing format.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Modding Group: Alpharacers Modding Team 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    I never look to the crew during a pitstop...
    "Be throttle, my friend"

PC Specification 

Registered
    Apr 2011
    [QUOTE=TChapman500;10216]I wouldn't join iRacing for any reason because they charge monthly QUOTE]

iRacing, same for me. A reoccurring monthly subscription model is not one I could easily support. I'd probably end up sticking with rFactor for a while more and feel annoyed that I'm forced into a pay monthly model to take advantage of what rFactor2 promises to offer.

ISI, please don't do the pay monthly subscription model. I know you kinda referred to this topic already Tim [I think] and a confirmation of the purchase model would be great when the time is right.

I want to buy the product once and take it from there.

rFactor2 being priced in line with other comparable on the shelf titles will be easily worth the money imho

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    If they don't want to put some pit crew or whatever 3D people in boxes, they could at least enable the Animation property in rF2 and modders won't take too much time to create "live" characteres by themselves.

Of course proper triggers for action of 3d models must exist.

The animation feature exists but is disabled in Gmotor Plugin currently, but it seems to be a deliberated choice by ISI.

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by theother5 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TChapman500 View Post
    I wouldn't join iRacing for any reason because they charge monthly
    iRacing, same for me. A reoccurring monthly subscription model is not one I could easily support. I'd probably end up sticking with rFactor for a while more and feel annoyed that I'm forced into a pay monthly model to take advantage of what rFactor2 promises to offer.
    I want to buy the product once and take it from there.
    I know 2 people who refused to buy rFactor until it came out on DVD - because they didn't trust TryMedia to stay around and were worried they'd get to a point where they could no longer activate a new install.

So, everyone has their own requirements. Personally I agree Re: Iracing, the payment system is the main reason I've never tried it.

rFactor/2 would be much more likely to have a similar system if it were ISIs only income source, so fingers crossed hopefully rF2 stays similar to rF1.

Quote Originally Posted by Satangoss View Post
    If they don't want to put some pit crew or whatever 3D people in boxes, ...

The animation feature exists but is disabled in Gmotor Plugin currently, but it seems to be a deliberated choice by ISI.
    They ARE putting in a pit crew - have you read the posts from ISI at all?

There are also some settings for rain in rFactor, but that never got implemented - it wasn't some plot to deliberately leave out features (though, obviously, they aren't going to turn rF/rF2 into rFPro and lose their main business), it was just never finished for it. rF2 will have rain, and will come with at least a basic pit crew with more to come later - as they've stated.

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Likewise, have you read the posts from ISI at all? They said they will not be doing a iRacing style pay system and that it will stay the same as rFactor 1. I'm not sure why everyone keeps harping on this false idea. Unless everyone here is just trying to make sure ISI doesn't go that way by complaining about it so much? You can uncross your fingers now.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazza View Post
    They ARE putting in a pit crew - have you read the posts from ISI at all?

There are also some settings for rain in rFactor, but that never got implemented - it wasn't some plot to deliberately leave out features (though, obviously, they aren't going to turn rF/rF2 into rFPro and lose their main business), it was just never finished for it. rF2 will have rain, and will come with at least a basic pit crew with more to come later - as they've stated.
    Easy man, i didn't mean to offend anyone. As long as I never saw a little poor screen shot of 3d crew, I'm only on my right to doubt. Anyway, just in case, if they don't put crew (are you able to guarantee they will?) turn on animation to the Gmotor2 (as Simbin version has) would be very nice.

All the best

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshJ81 View Post
    Likewise, have you read the posts from ISI at all? They said they will not be doing a iRacing style pay system and that it will stay the same as rFactor 1. I'm not sure why everyone keeps harping on this false idea. Unless everyone here is just trying to make sure ISI doesn't go that way by complaining about it so much? You can uncross your fingers now.
    I recall reading that they dismissed an iR style system, but costs haven't been decided. It seems there are more than 2 possibilities for payment method/system, so I'm saying I hope they keep it similar to rF1.

I agree the constant references (complaints?) to iRacing are misplaced, but the point I was actually making is that different people have different attitudes towards various payment systems. Seems a number of people here abhor iRacing's model, but perhaps don't realise rFactor's model (for 3 years at least) was also unacceptable in other peoples' eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Satangoss View Post
    Easy man, i didn't mean to offend anyone. As long as I never saw a little poor screen shot of 3d crew, I'm only on my right to doubt. Anyway, just in case, if they don't put crew (are you able to guarantee they will?) turn on animation to the Gmotor2 (as Simbin version has) would be very nice.
    Sorry mate, what I typed came across wrong. I was referring to Tim's post (first in this thread) saying

We have a new skinned animation system that allows for the addition of animated pit crews, and while it is our intention to add this it will probably not be included in the initial release. We will most likely ship with a minimalistic pit crew and then build on that until we have a fully functional crew for the many different types of cars we expect required...
    and your post sounded like you thought they might not have any pit crew, and that ISI had just disabled animation features in rF1. It's more likely Simbin wrote their own animation stuff, and I would guess ISI had a new system planned so didn't want to spend time putting an inferior system into rF1 with the updates.

Anyway, what I meant was "did you see the bit about pit crews?" rather than "can you not READ?" which is perhaps how it looks in hindsight

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazza View Post
    I recall reading that they dismissed an iR style system, but costs haven't been decided. It seems there are more than 2 possibilities for payment method/system, so I'm saying I hope they keep it similar to rF1.

I agree the constant references (complaints?) to iRacing are misplaced, but the point I was actually making is that different people have different attitudes towards various payment systems. Seems a number of people here abhor iRacing's model, but perhaps don't realise rFactor's model (for 3 years at least) was also unacceptable in other peoples' eyes.

What about system using the Netkar Pro?
    It gives you the license software indefinitely (like the rFactor) BUT one year of free updates (almost like iRacing)

For me it is the perfect system, inexpensive for the customer and can help to keep motivated the company.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    rFactor 1 had 2 years of free updates.

Newer Member
    Nov 2010
    Does rfactor2 simulates the consequences of sudden mechanical failures (suspension,brakes,wings or puncture) especially when it happens in high speed turns or at critical brake points? In the past their have been many situations where cars went off track due to above mentioned causes (remember the accidents of Graham Hill and Jochen Rindt at Montjuic caused by broken wing in 1969 or Regazzonis brake failure at Long Beach in 1980 etc.). But i think there are also enough actual cases.

regards
    Last edited by olex; 07-02-11 at 12:55 PM.

Registered
    Nov 2010
    rFactor simulates those things. Although in rFactor, those types of failures are usually caused by hitting something like a wall. I haven't seen any cases where those failures happen without something happening that severely damages the car. I've also seen replays where debris would cause those failures if the driver hits it hard enough.

I would like to see more realistic breakdowns in rFactor 2 though. And more realistic drafting such as loss of downforce on the front/rear of the car and extra engine heating caused by the draft.

Newer Member
    Nov 2010
    Thank you for your reply! Yes, I`am talking of failures caused by material fatigue (not by hitting something) which effect the behaviour of the car massively when driving at the limit. Such a feature would make the sim even more realistic.

Registered
    Nov 2010
    No problem. I wen't ahead and compiled a list of items that wear in rFactor.

Engine (6 Hours +/- 2 Hours Random Time assuming it's treated well during the race, otherwise, it'll wear in minutes)
    Clutch (rate set to 0 by default)
    Breaks (Never had them fail in rFactor for me, but they do wear)

Suspension Doesn't Wear unless damaged by an impact force, then it just becomes uncontrollable.
    Water pressure never wears, but oil pressure will drop to 0 if the car hits the wall the right way. Otherwise, it never wears.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    To keep it brief, olex, no, not all those things are simulated in rFactor, and I'm not sure they've been mentioned for rF2. In rFactor brakes wear with use and will fail at a threshold (usually a randomised range), tyres will burst when they get to 100% wear, engines wear and fail in accordance with a host of parameters and driving habits.

There appears to be no scope for just having things fail 'randomly' in the manner you're describing (obviously it would need to be configurable per vehicle, not just an overall switch). I agree it would add to the sense of realism, though there's no doubt a lot (the majority perhaps?) of rooms/leagues would disable such an option.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    We're in july come on !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STElz_9JozU

Gimme my sim with rain !!

Release Date, screen, video...

Registered
    Nov 2010
    They are planning on releasing it by the end of the year. Read this page.

By the way, what sort of special stuff will online leagues get to make league management easier from ingame?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    rFactor 2 will be released pretty soon! In the meantime we can confirm we do have a target within the year (2011)

the end of the year

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Their goal is before the end of the year.