Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 716 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: FIA Formula 2 coming up? Hoover spilled the beans :)

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by willpinataman View Post
    Hi guys don't mean to sound pushy or anything just wondering roughly when we think we will get to drive the Formula 2 car. It's probably the car I am most exited about so what do we think a week, a month, 2 months? Thanks
    Tim tweeted yesterday that he's compiling the stats of the Formula 2 drivers, I assume for the AI behavior.

So I guess that didn't answer your question at all LOL Hehe nobody really knows when.
    Ferraris weep a little when you downshift

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    May 2012
    Possibly weeks -great, thankyou Tim for info , I hope things go to plan so it dosnt get pushed back to much

From your discription this sounds like my type of sim car also, I really hope the ffb is good -I'll be in heaven

It's great being involved in this beta !

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Wonder will we get any tracks with it...

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @Humean_games 

Registered
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by sg333 View Post
    Wonder will we get any tracks with it...
    I believe tim mentioned in the original post announcement they would like to do some tracks.
    He said this when asked if they would have the full roster of tracks.
    "No this didn't give us rights to the tracks, unfortunately. However, we should have some."

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @Humean_games 

Registered
    May 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Fairly soon. If everything went to plan it would be week(s).

I went to bed (or rather laid in bed, unable to sleep) last night with numbers pouring through my head, as I worked out the stats for the AI last night. Basically so that you will have the right people at the front in your races against the AI.

I know some might figure it's a tease, but I hope it'll be taken as a catalyst for genuine discussion: The F2 is actually close to being my favorite car in sim racing, which surprised me a lot, because it has wings. It is probably the perfect balance for me between speed and downforce. I'm someone that normally prefers low/no downforce cars. With the public specs there are, any debate about why that is? I certainly wouldn't have expected so...
    Thanks for all the info Tim I can't wait Glad to hear they are already feeling good and that the AI is being realistic.
    Now we just need Brands hatch to race them around lol
    Again can't wait to drive these

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @@keirgarth 

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Wings or no wings, that is the question. Whether it be nobler to use wings........

Hehe, welcome to the dark side Tim. I am not sure why you love low/no down force, but having a little bit makes cornering so much nicer I expect you will hit the dilemma soon of exactly how low to go on the down force as this is usually something that everyone needs to figure out for themselves. The question is going to be fast straights or fast corners.

I am sure with your knowledge of setting up wingless cars, most of your work will be easy and you will be able to run with low down force most of the time. Keep in mind though, that there are those tracks that corner speed and exit is everything.
    I don't know what I don't know, but I know EVERYTHING else!
    PC System Designer|Student of Graphic Design

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Modding Group: Finns on track 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Fairly soon. If everything went to plan it would be week(s).

I went to bed (or rather laid in bed, unable to sleep) last night with numbers pouring through my head, as I worked out the stats for the AI last night. Basically so that you will have the right people at the front in your races against the AI.

I know some might figure it's a tease, but I hope it'll be taken as a catalyst for genuine discussion: The F2 is actually close to being my favorite car in sim racing, which surprised me a lot, because it has wings. It is probably the perfect balance for me between speed and downforce. I'm someone that normally prefers low/no downforce cars. With the public specs there are, any debate about why that is? I certainly wouldn't have expected so...
    I'm bit of same, no downforce or only very slight, but what I have found out is that if car has enough mass and especially slowness of mass (inertia) is good, tires such that they are beginner friendly (grips enough, not too much, allow bit of slide) then car can have her wings or even open wheeler I have recently found with those historic formulas, they are quite nice actually (F3, I have no jedi skills).

I don't know anything from F2, I recently learned from this board that they have turbos and that there are such class as F2, but enough fat rear rubber is my bet, along with turbo making massive torque more usable for us leadfoots (reason why we don't like downforce is our tendency to use that right pedal a lot, that is my theory why I dislike downforce cars)

With turbo you get bit more forgiving throttle, it usually is not quite as instant as with NA engine, so that might have part of it's doing there, but I don't know how those cars build up boost, it can be fairly instant on that level of motorsports.

That is my worthless speculation without being driven, seen or heard of the real or virtual thing.
    I am not a slave of my emotions, I can still be nice at times
    Learning suspensions, good read | my modding information website

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjammer View Post
    Wings or no wings, that is the question. Whether it be nobler to use wings........

Hehe, welcome to the dark side Tim. I am not sure why you love low/no down force, but having a little bit makes cornering so much nicer I expect you will hit the dilemma soon of exactly how low to go on the down force as this is usually something that everyone needs to figure out for themselves. The question is going to be fast straights or fast corners.

I am sure with your knowledge of setting up wingless cars, most of your work will be easy and you will be able to run with low down force most of the time. Keep in mind though, that there are those tracks that corner speed and exit is everything.
    Rightmost pedal is for turning the car, steering wheel is to keep weight balanced, it is so hard to learn anything else

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jtbo View Post
    Rightmost pedal is for turning the car, steering wheel is to keep weight balanced, it is so hard to learn anything else
    LoL, I use the wheel to turn the car and the right pedal to keep the balance of the car, go figure.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    LoL, I use the wheel to turn the car and the right pedal to keep the balance of the car, go figure.
    That is what makes rFactor good, it offers to both of us our preferred fun

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Never should have watched that vid, LoL, I hate to admit it, but I remember some of that stuff, though I was more fond of the Trans-Am series in 1971.
    Last edited by Gearjammer; 08-08-12 at 06:09 AM.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Hehe, welcome to the dark side Tim. I am not sure why you love low/no down force, but having a little bit makes cornering so much nicer
    Are you sure you don't mean "boring"? =)

Just kidding. =)

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post
    Are you sure you don't mean "boring"? =)

Just kidding. =)
    Heheh, for some it might be, But when you figure in that you are going faster through the corner with more downforce, it can still be a bit exciting on the edge

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    May 2012
    Right, now that my steering wheel has all its screws back in

...I'm seriously seriously seriously looking forward to this release ! (-:

Beta testing isn't so bad once again

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Heheh, for some it might be, But when you figure in that you are going faster through the corner with more downforce, it can still be a bit exciting on the edge
    Downforce is right there with too much horsepower (anything over 300 really) IMHO, it just makes cars worse. I don't necessarily want lift, but I certainly don't want to bother with downforce. =)

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post
    Downforce is right there with too much horsepower (anything over 300 really) IMHO, it just makes cars worse. I don't necessarily want lift, but I certainly don't want to bother with downforce. =)
    I am going to go out on a limb and guess you like rally racing?

Registered
    Jan 2012
    They have downforce in rallying too, probably I can't remember right, but I have memory trace of 50kg being limit of rear wing?

Registered
    Jun 2012
    You could be right about that, I have no idea, I do know that a lot of top level rally cars limited their HP to below the 350 mark though because for what they were doing it was almost useless going over it. At least that is what I remember a rally driver for the Subaru team saying.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    I am, but not for the reasons you're thinking of. It's more an issue of me liking loose surface driving and going sideways, as well as being Finnish. =)

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    I do know that a lot of top level rally cars limited their HP to below the 350 mark though because for what they were doing it was almost useless going over it. At least that is what I remember a rally driver for the Subaru team saying.
    I think that is because of regulations quite some time now, since the Group B cars.
    The target was 300 but in reality they could do up to 340.
    www.simracers4life.com

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast