NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 662 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: One of the best Real world on-board videos !

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Jan 2012

One of the best Real world on-board videos !

Volume warning

This is what RF5 will be like in 20 years time lol.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@pitlanes Where I race 

Registered
    May 2012
    Seen the first vid yesterday, glad the dude got out! (initial upside down car)

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    May 2012
    add some head shake and trackir and you got about the same results...

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @BSNismo 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    The save at 1:05 was epic ( 1st vid )! Had to be a squeeky bum momment for sure. Look also how much that car squirms around under braking, also lots of corrections on entry and exit. Watching stuff like this shows how good rF2 is doing so far.
    Train your mind and your body will follow!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile 

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Haven't they been using something similar in F1 this year? I remember a few of the back markers that had helmet cams similar to this, not quite center, but close to eye level.

Quote Originally Posted by Jos View Post
    add some head shake and trackir and you got about the same results...
    You have to have a good multi screen or projector screen for that. I've seen too many people who use Track IR with only one monitor, they move their head around but keep their eyes on the screen, doesn't make any sense. Even with multiple screens or a projector, it still isn't quite right.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Loatman View Post
    Haven't they been using something similar in F1 this year? I remember a few of the back markers that had helmet cams similar to this, not quite center, but close to eye level.

You have to have a good multi screen or projector screen for that. I've seen too many people who use Track IR with only one monitor, they move their head around but keep their eyes on the screen, doesn't make any sense. Even with multiple screens or a projector, it still isn't quite right.
    These are different to what I have seen used in F1 , http://pivothead.com/

The ones they use or have used for F1 and TV broadcasts are much larger cameras that are mounted into , onto the side or near the helmet. The camera then has a cable that connects it to a box that can broadcast the signal out to track side receivers.

These pivothead shades are worse quality than many other sports cameras largely due to the pore lens and tiny CCD, but what they do represent is a huge leep in the quality of glasses mounted cameras , they are the first ones I have seen that also have a nice design and don't stand out to much as camera glasses.

they are around $350 and output 1080p at 30fps 8GB on-board memory ( I suspect they are natively 720p but up scale to 1080p mind you ).