Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 802 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ATi/AMD users hang in there

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    Hi,
    Crossfire 6870
    8Go DDR3
    Windows Seven Pro 64
    2600k CPU

The problem for me is stutter, stutter, stutter and again stutter ......

Spa, monaco, Monza, with Brabham: Stutter or micro stutter, with good FPS at 60 Vsyn. The solution for me: track detail to low with BT20 or middle with 60 F1.

Midohio; Everything hight in game: NO stutter (track detail hight, 60 very smooth FPS)

I did try everything (drivers, updates, Render Once Per VSync="3", PLR....) Stutter with ISI tracks.

When stutter is hight at start race and is maximum, it's look to be every second.

is there any solution ? Nvidia ? One single ATI card ? If a Nvidia card let me play with no stutter i will buy one, but i'm no shure.....

Rfactor 2 is a great sim, thank you ISI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    rF2 is in a state of development. Some builds will be better or worse than others. No reason to change hardware yet.

We have to be patient. But I now how you feel, this game is so great, you just want to play. I bought a new Fanatec wheel just for rF2.

From what I have read here in the forums, Crossfire and SLI are not working well. Most people have better performance with one card instead of two.

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    You are right. I do not blame ISI, i know that RF2 is beta and GREAT and i will be patient.
    I did spend many hours to try to stop stutter, so i just want to know if i did not the right thing.
    Sorry if my post look like i blame ATI or ISI, i just blame me !!! With RF2 i've got a nice image, good FPS, a fantastic gameplay so not fare to be perfect for me.
    I'm ok when FPS is bad but stutter makes me craizy.
    I will try a single card Nvidia to see if stutter is from ATI, Crosfire, system or other hardware.
    Thanks for reply, i promess to be very patient.

PS: I did buy and modify a CRS Elite to for RF2.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    @ bbel

Unfortunately quite a few SLI/Xfire users have posted similar problems, there seems to be an issue with the 2nd GPU not being utilised properly and some report better performance with SLI/Xfire disabled!

I do notice you say if you turn settings down and/or run what's generally considered to be an FPS friendly track (MidOhio) you get good performance. Are your 6870's 1 or 2GB versions, it could be possible you're using too much VRAM?

Newer Member
    Dec 2011
    MJP

2x 6870 and 1GB per card. When i disable Crossfire FPS is less. (30% less) and stutter are sometime here and some time not...
    How i could less vram ? in config.ini ? There is something that i don't know how i can use is the ctr+c....
    Thanks for reply, MJP

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12