Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 744 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Track loads in dev but not in game

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010

Track loads in dev but not in game

Why would a track load in dev mode but in game rf crashes at the end of loading?
    Is there a log file somewhere i can check or do i need to use a filemonitor?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    if staff want it, here is the procmon file while the game crashed (build90), note the the longbeach2011 mod was uninstalled so errors related to those files should be ignored. Was just trying to load the longbeach2012. Several buffer overflows in there..
    system is winxp x64
    Athlon 64 X2 Dual, 8GB ram, Firepro V5900 (ATIFireGL)

http://www.idtsimulations.com/Logfile.rar
    Last edited by iDTDoug; 06-17-12 at 10:43 PM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Knowledgeable member
    Sometimes abnormalies in AIW file causes crash in single/multiplayer mode, but track loads fine in dev mode.

Cheers!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes Modding Group: virtua_lm 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Yup, if that problem occured for me it was a defective AIW.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I've remade the AIW twice now and it still crashes. gonna try a known good older aiw version..

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I tried my 2011 version AIW which works with that version but not with my new version so im still stumped. whats the bare minimum needed in an aiw file?

Registered
    Nov 2011
    MainPath and a few garage, pit and grid spots I guess.

I ran into a similar issue with Fuji early on and never figured out what caused the crashes. I'm guessing some setting that is not overwritten when resaving in devmode/ignored by rF2-proper was left over. Or there is some corruption happening in DevMode when we do certain things in certain places.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by ethone View Post
    MainPath and a few garage, pit and grid spots I guess.
    ..and 1st pitpath with branches...

Cheers!

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Ah yes, obviously. The pit and garage spots need something to connect to!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    ive remade the AIW, all it has is the main path, pit path, and 1 grid, 1 pit and 1 garage spot. still crashes. i dont know what I can do to troubleshoot this. I've used an old SCN file that worked before, same result. I thin kone of the dds maps I modified might be doing it, can that cause a crash? wouldn't i see that as a loading error?

I wish rf2 had a "debug" mode that showed all errors.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Have you added +trace=4 under the CommenLineI options (in the rF2 launcher under Advanced) and then checked the trace.txt in rFactor2\UserData\Log (for single player) or rFactor2\ModDev\UserData\Log (for Dev Mode)? Error messages would be listed there even if not given to the user on crash.

If that doesn't give you any pointers, I'm sure some people here would look your track over for errors if you sent it to them.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @Vicent Sollana Where I race Modding Group: Alpharacers 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Hello, you've made sure that the "GDB" "VENUENAME" and "TRACK NAME" are called the same as the folder

it seems silly but i couldn't make it work until i renamed

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by vicent-sollana View Post
    Hello, you've made sure that the "GDB" "VENUENAME" and "TRACK NAME" are called the same as the folder

it seems silly but i couldn't make it work until i renamed
    thats probably what it is.. i'll try it this weekend.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    nope, still crashing.. I renamed the folder Long_Beach_2012, made the component name that and made sure the gdb matched.

what folder? a component is just mas files and once its installed, one rfcmp file.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @Vicent Sollana Where I race Modding Group: Alpharacers 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by iDTDoug View Post
    what folder? a component is just mas files and once its installed, one rfcmp file.

In the moddev we have the principal folder and inside it the specific for the layout, when we create the "RFCMP" we name it like the principal folder, and the layout file ".mas" if the name of the component or layout is different from what we have in the "gdb" it won't charge.

I don't have how to explain it very well, i'm not a "pro" in this area. This happened to me because I didn't have the correct naming, when the charching bar was at the end and was about to go to the circuit the game pull me out to my desktop.

I'll send you a circuit via PM, compare it to what you have, maybe it would help you.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    I name my rfcmps differently than my principal folder.
    I've also used the trinity of mismatches with different names in the .gdb, Layout Folder and rfcmp (HeartlandParkTopeka_Int as the identifier in the first line of the .gdb because of the character limit, HeartlandParkTopeka_Intermediate for the folder, HPTopeka_xx for the component.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I don't know, I couldn't make it work until I changed the names. Maybe I'm leaving something out, I've said I'm not a pro, but that was my case.

I'm sure you,ethone, can know better than me.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    PROBLEM SOLVED!
    I renamed all the files and folders but it still crashed, so I copied the "installed" folder to my gaming machine which doesnt have the mod files and rf2 popped up an error message saying my SMicon dds wasnt correct so I resaved both trackicon and smicon in 8,8,8 argb and repacked the mas files and it works!!