Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: rFactor Better FFB Tutorial

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mlodymaytek View Post
    Hi

I have one question to first post.
    4} Go to your Driving wheels control panel - why the value in checkbox allow game to adjust settings is not set ??
    That option as far as I know has no bearing on the wheel(at least my G27) but it is best to lock in the values there and not allow anything to change them.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    I used the OP a while back and set up my G25 and it was fantastic for something like CART 98, which ive run a lot. I'm running the Enduracers GT2 Porsche and Ferrari a lot now, but this setup is just not working for me. I cannot brake in a reasonable distance without spinning the cars, and forget about applying power until the car is perfectly straight.

Their own website has a setup for the wheel which i changed it to :http://www.enduracers.com/readme/rea...tingdriver.png

Without changing anything in rFactor, this Logitech profile made the car much more driveable, but any feel is completely gone, and it feels like im turning a dumptruck. It's fast(er), but terrible to drive

So i suppose the question is, can i get the setup in the OP to work with the Enduracers mod well, or is there simply no mix and match here?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by sg333 View Post
    can i get the setup in the OP to work with the Enduracers mod well, or is there simply no mix and match here?
    Some mods are just not designed for use with real-feel. The geometry of the front isn't modeled correctly for force values to be extracted. All you can do is disable realfeel completely, adjust the mix or really modify the settings until something decent immerses.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    There is a real-feel upgrade steering option for all the Enduracers cars, but its just not working for me. I end up driving like its a wet track and im on slicks.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    One of quickest workarounds is to set caster as big as possible.
    And as I remember Enduracers mod works good with RFFB. I may be wrong 'cause I use this mod a time ago.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Just a quick WARNING.. Anyone here getting the New HISTOR-X 1.9 I advise you to BACKUP your current

RealFeelPlugin.ini

found in the root directory of rFactor. This installer will likely OVERWRITE this file with a new one containing only the historX cars and default RealFeel numbers.

My Suggestion is Backup your old RealFeelPlugin.ini and restore it when the HistorX installer finishes. If you copy the provided HistorX Real Feel data over into your existing and modified ini (The one from this tutorial) all the numbers will be set at stock levels. You are better off just loading each car and tuning it as you would any other mod with this FFB Setup.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Well, I tried so hard but after months of testing with rFactor controller.ini, FFB plugins this guide and others, I end up to the conclusion rFactor simply doesn't feel good enough compared to the best GT5 cars.

Don't get me wrong, GT5 has many flaws as a game, but when you are on track hotlapping on a well balanced lotus elise ( all aids off and abs off, adjusting brake bias) it's another world compared to rFactor. In GT5 you have chirurgic ffb, correcting oversteer feels much more natural, and more important, front tyre grip is completely spot on, very progressive and predictable. Basically everything feels "right".

Every pc owner that never tried GT5 think rFactor FFB is light years better than "a console game" but I can't find proofs. And now I'm looking for a FFB similar to GT5 in rFactor.
    Last edited by THUNDERbreaks; 08-01-12 at 04:49 PM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jul 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by THUNDERbreaks View Post
    Well, I tried so hard but after months of testing with rFactor controller.ini, FFB plugins this guide and others, I end up to the conclusion rFactor simply doesn't feel good enough compared to the best GT5 cars.

Don't get me wrong, GT5 has many flaws as a game, but when you are on track hotlapping on a well balanced lotus elise ( all aids off and abs off, adjusting brake bias) it's another world compared to rFactor. In GT5 you have chirurgic ffb, correcting oversteer feels much more natural, and more important, front tyre grip is completely spot on, very progressive and predictable. Basically everything feels "right".

Every pc owner that never tried GT5 think rFactor FFB is light years better than "a console game" but I can't find proofs. And now I'm looking for a FFB similar to GT5 in rFactor.
    Real feel + Leo ffb and a good configuration make it marvellous, far beyond gt5 , with the corvette c6r or the 288 gto mod , this is really astonishing
    you can feel wich wheel lost it's grip right reat or left rear etc...

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Aug 2012
    DFGT wheel,

I had a problem with my account (forgot mail) so I write with this one, thanks for reply guys.

Zeos I tried exactly what you was suggesting, Lotus 23b with Leo , Real feel and your all settings,
    the result here is a too spiky FFB, almost no feeling of front grip (no I don't mean front grip loss, I mean front grip), and too many shakes on my wheel. I suspect DFGT is too different compared to a G27 so this guide is not working here.

My wheel on GT5 is awesome, and I want make it work on rFactor as well.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Aug 2012
    Hello everyone,

I'm new here, and to Rfactor... This sim is totally addictive... I bought a wheel and can't play anything else than this

Thank you so much for this FFB tutorial. It's just great.

I've got one problem though:

I love the Historic GT mod. BUT... Even though I must admit I have never driven a 1966 911 Porsche, I feel like my steering wheel is just not hard enough to turn... I just don't have any sense of turning my car.

So here is my question: is there a setting somewhere in controller.ini, realfeel.ini, leoffb.ini or any other car specific file, that I could use to just stiffen up my car's direction...?

Thanks for your precious help... !

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tbreaks View Post
    I suspect DFGT is too different compared to a G27 so this guide is not working here.
    Spikey is a hard thing to diagnose. You can try to add some smoothing with R-Ctrl and numpad (.) Believe it or not the DFgt is essentially the same pc board but with only one motor not two. So the forces should be similar just weaker/slower. Also make sure everything was set right in the controller.ini and that there are no other plugins messing with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnow View Post
    is there a setting somewhere in controller.ini, realfeel.ini, leoffb.ini or any other car specific file, that I could use to just stiffen up my car's direction...?
    Use the realfeel adjust on the numpad to lower the force divider. (LorR ctrl and numpad 7) The closer to 0 the stiffer the FFB should be. This should also be per-car so loweing it in that porsche should only stiffen that porsche.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Aug 2012
    Well i'm pretty familiar with Realfeel settings via numpad. And my Porsche settings are already set to 0. :/

I'm still able to drive my 911 with a single finger though ^^

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Well i'm pretty familiar with Realfeel settings via numpad. And my Porsche settings are already set to 0. :/

I'm still able to drive my 911 with a single finger though ^^
    Well 0 is off. 1 would be the strongest. Which exact Porsche and are you running the 1.95 HistorX?

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    Well 0 is off. 1 would be the strongest. Which exact Porsche and are you running the 1.95 HistorX?
    Thanks... My Porsche drives just fine now... Dunno why I thought 0 was the strongest. Didn't think it would cancel the effect ^^

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Thanks... My Porsche drives just fine now... Dunno why I thought 0 was the strongest. Didn't think it would cancel the effect ^^
    It is a power divider. 100 divided by 100 is 1, 100 divided by 50 is 2, 100 divided by 5 is 20, but 100 divided by 0 is zero and therefore no ffb.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    Spikey is a hard thing to diagnose. You can try to add some smoothing with R-Ctrl and numpad (.) Believe it or not the DFgt is essentially the same pc board but with only one motor not two. So the forces should be similar just weaker/slower. Also make sure everything was set right in the controller.ini and that there are no other plugins messing with it.
    I tested all the smoothing things on numpad, the result is a decent FFB, but not "great".
    Main problem is a part spikey, the general lack of grip and little connection to the road, I can't feel what the car is doing like in GT5. I'll try reinstalling Logitech Drivers, reinstall rFactor and let's see what happen.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Ok, reinstalled Logitech drivers and now it's better, also there was a strange plugin I didn't realize before: "fmodex.dll" I don't know what the hell it was but it's not a default rfactor file so I removed it. Connection to the road makes more sense now, cars start handling as espected.

But I have a consideration on physics modding in general. Some people think crap physics = realistic, balanced physics = console. They are so wrong. I can garantee you a real GT3 F458 has tons of grip in all directions. Slick tyres, aero package + race suspension + rollcage reinforcement to an already great chassis able to handle 560 hp, air restriction lowering hp to 450. GT3 cars has grip grip and even more grip.

Look how balanced the car feel, steering input is smooth and precise, no weird shakes, no bs, no truck like mass transfer. I found the hard way, there are quite a lot of GT cars with crap physics in the comunity. You can't simply input real life values and expect rFactor give you real life feelings, unfortunately doesn't work like that.

Luckly, with some effort you can change physics and I found a well balanced mod, the Radical SR3 by sandrox. No Leo and real feel needed here, I did a custom control.ini and it works great for me (DFGT, 900 degrees in Logitech panel). If you played GT5 give it a go. http://www.mediafire.com/?49apeaffdgeh2wg (don't forget to copy paste your usual controls)

Thanks Zeos for pointing out the plugin conflict thing.

rFactor 2 Not Validated 

Sep 2012
    I have only started plating this game and i followed the guide to the letter and got it going....

only thing i dont like is the wheel having to be turned heaps to turn the car.

I ahve read right through this thread and i dont understand steering locks/angles and have wasted most of my day trying to fix my steering in this game.

could you please tell me what to change from the tutorial install to get the G27 wheel movement to match ingame.

I know people say "turn it off, etc" but i like the wheel and hate feeling like im driving a bus to steer the car. and cant play that way. I would like my imputs to match the standard install but with the use of these addons.

thanks

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Make sure you have "Speed Sensitivity" in the options turned to 0. That lowers the steering lock while at speed and is unrealistic for a race car.

Matching in-game car rotation visually requires an edit of the .plr file. In there is the VISUAL rotation of the in-game wheel (which you should have turned off.. )

To match a cars real life rotation is a bit more difficult as you have to leave the game and edit the G27 profiler to whatever rotation you want.. 720, 540 and then start rFactor and drive. rFactor2 remedies this issue.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast