NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 676 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BT20 will be soon available!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Nov 2010

BT20 will be soon available!

I just read an interesting twit from Tim today, about the BT20.

@brabsracer thanks a lot for helping so much with licensing for @rFactor2 BT20 should be publicly available soon. Go win Le mans
    So, the next question must be, when?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    At first I was like.. What the hell is a BT20..

Then I googled it. http://world-viewer.com/brabham-bt20.html

Don't we have this already?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post

No we don't have this... Maybe it's quite alike the "Spark", but it's a different engine. The existing cars have Ford-Cosworth, this should be...uhm repco engine? It looks different (the chassi also of course), and it looks much fun to drive

Good news!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post

You`ve never heard of Sir Jack Brabham Zeos!?

I know these guys were around in the 60`s but I thought everybody (well everybody that`s into F1) would have heard of the Lotus 49, the Ferrari 312 and the Brabham BT20 etc...

Not knocking you for it man, just surprised...

Be great to have the BT20 in rf2.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tjc69 View Post
    You`ve never heard of Sir Jack Brabham Zeos!?

I know these guys were around in the 60`s but I thought everybody (well everybody that`s into F1) would have heard of the Lotus 49, the Ferrari 312 and the Brabham BT20 etc...

Not knocking you for it man, just surprised...

Be great to have the BT20 in rf2.
    Well although ive watched every F1 season since I was about 7yrs old (Senna was driving a JPS when I started) and know who Jack Brabham is I had no idea what BT20 meant.

Perhaps you didn't intend it but to suggest that "anyone who's into F1" should know what a BT20 is makes you sound terribly elitist.

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    Well although ive watched every F1 season since I was about 7yrs old (Senna was driving a JPS when I started) and know who Jack Brabham is I had no idea what BT20 meant.

Perhaps you didn't intend it but to suggest that "anyone who's into F1" should know what a BT20 is makes you sound terribly elitist.
    Yeh, on re-reading my post I can see why it`s been taken like that Spyder but no, it was certainly not meant to sound like that at all so apologies to you and ZeosPantera.

It was a genuine surprise to me that`s all as anyone who`s ever heard of or driven Gpl would have certainly come across the BT20.

It was/is a very famous car but obviously not as well known as I`d thought.
    Last edited by tjc; 06-10-12 at 08:18 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Good ol GPL... if not for it I would have never known what a BT20 was, or have even become an F1 fan! I'm definitely a late comer. RIP GPL!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by tjc69 View Post
    Yeh, on re-reading my post I can see why it`s been taken like that Spyder but no, it was certainly not meant to sound like that at all so apologies to you and ZeosPantera.

It was a genuine surprise to me that`s all as anyone who`s ever heard of or driven Gpl would have certainly come across the BT20.

It was/is a very famous car but obviously not as well known as I`d thought.
    I never had GPL, I'm a bit late to the PC sim racing party having spent most of my 33 yrs with consoles before last year! From what I've read GPL is very highly regarded...

Any way, no worries mate, had a feeling the message wasn't meant to sound how it did! Looking forward to Montreal later, especially if Hamilton manages to take out Vettel on the first bend

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by taufikp View Post
    I just read an interesting twit from Tim today, about the BT20.

So, the next question must be, when?
    Might I speculate that the tweet of thanks and encouragement to go win LeMans is to David Brabham?

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by taufikp View Post
    I just read an interesting twit from Tim today,

I lol'd.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Canceled
    Last edited by Lucky06; 06-11-12 at 08:47 AM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpedal View Post
    Might I speculate that the tweet of thanks and encouragement to go win LeMans is to David Brabham?
    That's what i was thinkin too. He's always been nothin but classy, awesome to see him get kinda involved.

P.S. I'm guessin the Wirth simulator uses rfPro. Anyone kno for certain?

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricknau View Post
    Good ol GPL... if not for it I would have never known what a BT20 was, or have even become an F1 fan! I'm definitely a late comer. RIP GPL!
    Yeh good old Gpl indeed... it was the first racing sim I bought not long after it came out in 98 (well about a year and a half I think) just loved it immediately and that was before I was even using a wheel...

Even after all these years and to be fair many, many updates it still looks ok and drives a dream (although I`ve not driven it in a while)

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricknau View Post
    Yep GPL was a great, My computer then wouldn't run it at about more than 10FPS until I upgraded to one of those new fangled 3d video cards. There is still a very active community too, producing some good stuff for it.
    Ohh and GPL never really died, so need for the RIP's, they just changed the name to Iracing.

A few years ago I was lucky enough to see Sir Jack doing some slow demo laps in the BT20 as part of the Clipsal500 weekend, a great memory, I think he was in his early 70's at the time, he had a ball doing it by all accounts. The car looked & sounded magnificent.
    Just recently there was a show about Sir Jack on ABC1 (Australian Story) in Australia (still available on IView) great to see, He is a true Aussie Living Legend.
    Last edited by BigDuke6; 06-10-12 at 09:07 PM.

Registered
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyder View Post
    I never had GPL, I'm a bit late to the PC sim racing party having spent most of my 33 yrs with consoles before last year! From what I've read GPL is very highly regarded...

Any way, no worries mate, had a feeling the message wasn't meant to sound how it did! Looking forward to Montreal later, especially if Hamilton manages to take out Vettel on the first bend
    Pity you`ve never experienced Gpl Spyder as it really is an awesome sim... it`s never too late to try it I suppose but with all the latest sims on the go these days it does look a little dated but still, it came out in 98 as I say and it was really the driving experience and physics that made it... a very dedicated bunch of guys keep updating it and making mods for it though so it`s still alive.

Glad you see the original post wasn`t meant in a bad way as it certainly wasn`t. At 43 I was born the year after the late, great Jim Clark was killed but loved the sport for as long as I can remember and therefor always looked back at it`s history and was just amazed to see the guys of that era and the bravery and extreme talent they showed behind the wheels of these cars.

They really were heros...

***Spoiler***

Anyway now that Montreal is over I was delighted to see Hamilton take the win today... exceptional drive he put in and took a much deserved win.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by BigDuke6 View Post
    Ohh and GPL never really died, so need for the RIP's, they just changed the name to Iracing.
    I assume you mean Papyrus, because iRacing has nothing from GPL (The Lotus 49 has been announced, but isn't there yet), and the code is more based on their NASCAR games than GPL. (though the NASCAR games were partly based on GPL so yeah...)

GPL didn't die due to it's own achievements, people are still playing and modding it actively. =)

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post
    I assume you mean Papyrus, because iRacing has nothing from GPL (The Lotus 49 has been announced, but isn't there yet), and the code is more based on their NASCAR games than GPL. (though the NASCAR games were partly based on GPL so yeah...)

GPL didn't die due to it's own achievements, people are still playing and modding it actively. =)
    Sorry the comment was tongue in cheek, I added the smilies for that purpose, I wasnt actually saying the content was the same just the people who made it are the same yea Papyrus (David Kaemmer and crew) created it. they did a great job. I loved it, played the arse off it. I'm no Iracing hater either, just letting you know, I'm a paid up 100% content leaser. The more Sims/games the better in my book.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Some Jack Brabham history for anyone interested

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=3erjrp-RqVM

Registered
    Apr 2012
    196720Belgian20GP20-20D_Hulme20Brabham-Repco20V8.jpg

The other famous driver maybe you heard of him? Denny Hulme.

Registered
    Mar 2012
    the kiwi.
    Impressive contribution in talents and innovators from down under in the 60s Formulas!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast