NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 698 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: How much has ISI made in community contributions?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010

How much has ISI made in community contributions?

If Project CARS Crosses 1 Million Community Funding how much has ISI been funded? Sorry ISI, but its an intresting question to be asked and its also good to know how rFactor2 stands against pCars financially.

+ theres not much to talk about in development or updates
    4770K@4.5ghz,Corsair H100i,MSI Z87 MPower,8gb Team XTreem 2400mhz,GTX 780 SC ACX@1150mhz,Corsair Force GS 128gb SSD,CM HAF922,Logitech G25/G19, nV3D V2, Benq XL2411T, Win7

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @BSNismo 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart S View Post
    If Project CARS Crosses 1 Million Community Funding how much has ISI been funded? Sorry ISI, but its an intresting question to be asked and its also good to know how rFactor2 stands against pCars financially.

+ theres not much to talk about in development or updates
    I think you need to take into consideration that pCARS as a project is very diffferent to the way ISI are doing things. For one the different investment levels that WMD have, offer alot more in return the higher you invest. You need to consider that they have levels with £1000 etc to be a member. A game like pCARS aswell which is multiplatform is gonna attract more " Investors " with big bucks looking to make back money from their input.

rF2 being a full on dedicated PC sim is more of a niche product and so the market will reflect this. It's more for the dedicated community who enjoy sims, so i can't see how ISI have made anything near that yet. At least not from the public, but i'm sure they receive investment elsewhere fromn other avenues.

Also, it's not really in our interest to know what ISI have received. We are not investors in this project but rather beta testers. SMS and WMD have to be open about it due to the way their system works.
    Last edited by FONismo; 05-16-12 at 09:50 AM.
    Train your mind and your body will follow!

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Tuttle's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @ISITrackTeam 

Quote Originally Posted by FONismo View Post
    I think you need to take into consideration that pCARS as a project is very diffferent to the way ISI are doing things. For one the different investment levels at WMD offer alot more in return the higher you. You need to consider that they have levels with £1000 etc to be a member. A game like pCARS aswell which is multiplatform is gonna attract more " Investors " with big bucks looking to make back money from their input.

rF2 being a full on dedicated PC sim is more of a niche product and so the market will reflect this. It's more for the dedicated community who enjoy sims, so i can't see how ISI have made anything near that yet. At least not from the public, but i'm sure they receive investment elsewhere fromn other avenues.

Also, it's not really in our interest to know what ISI have received. We are not investors in this project but rather beta testers. SMS and WMD have to be open about it due to the way their system works.
    +3! (me, myself and I)

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Also, it's not really in our interest to know what ISI have received.
    Yes, I don't care about how much money they get. But it may be interesting information about popularity.
    Also, maybe it would stop some people saying that ISI is poor and has no money for normal development process.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Yes, I don't care about how much money they get. But it may be interesting information about popularity.
    Also, maybe it would stop some people saying that ISI is poor and has no money for normal development process.
    Yes but in the popularity contest again it's pointless, SMS have the holywood blockbuster style that appeals to console kids etc and are known for the SHIFT series and they are gonna draw in investment from outside the sim community, unlike rFactor which as said is made for a niche market which is PC based only and so will only be known within that niche community, they have no previous work that i know of that featured on the consoles? Maybe the F1 titles, i'm not sure.

Yes pCARS would have had investment from the sim community but most of that would of been at the start. Due to the Marketing machine behind them and plastering the title everywhere they have no doubt received interest from outside of the sim community, remember graphics sell and appeal to joe public who is not fussed about realism aslong as it looks nice.

I don't think pCARS should even be mentioned alongside titlles such as rF2, NKP etc in all honesty. It's a different market and type of racer altogether

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I agree with what you say. it is also the thing I don't understand: why real simracing title cannot be produced/promoted in the same way? Oh.. It can - look at iRacing! Titles like shift will be always more successful due to target, but... why sim productions must be always like a Cinderella, but this time not beautiful enough ? There is no single treason for this. For sure it is not about money (to be more precise: not about lack of money)

Going back to subject, being a fan of ISI and its products, I would like to know details about sells, number of customers (I know about it indeed), future plans etc.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I only started this thread because I got tired of all the update nonsence going on and theres not much else to talk about and I'm trying to keep intrest on the forums.
    Anyway Nismo point taken about the comparison altho I didnt intend it to sound like I was comparing the two titles other than graphics, I personnally am very satisfied with the way rFactor2 looks right now all Maxed out but... I think it can also do with some further graphical improvements.
    I am not bothered how much they raised either it has no benefit to me, I actually think ISI deserve more than a million euros at this stage tbh.
    Another irrelevent question I have is how many beta testers are there?
    4770K@4.5ghz,Corsair H100i,MSI Z87 MPower,8gb Team XTreem 2400mhz,GTX 780 SC ACX@1150mhz,Corsair Force GS 128gb SSD,CM HAF922,Logitech G25/G19, nV3D V2, Benq XL2411T, Win7

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I agree with what you say. it is also the thing I don't understand: why real simracing title cannot be produced/promoted in the same way? Oh.. It can - look at iRacing! Titles like shift will be always more successful due to target, but... why sim productions must be always like a Cinderella, but this time not beautiful enough ? There is no single treason for this. For sure it is not about money (to be more precise: not about lack of money)

Going back to subject, being a fan of ISI and its products, I would like to know details about sells, number of customers (I know about it indeed), future plans etc.
    Yes you are right iRacing is also a machine and know how to sell a product. But don't they have a that Henry guy behind them ( Sorry forgot his name ) owner of Liverpool F.C who himself is a self confessed sim racer with a big wallet. Also, you need to consider that it's taken iRacing an awful long time to get where they are today, a good few years now of promotion

He wants realism and so backs them with what they do. I spose we will just have to wait and see with regards to how ISI go about marketing their product. I agree i think they should be more out there and getting themselves in public view more but hey i presume they know what they are doing. I also assume that they are waiting until they have the eye candy nailed before really starting to promote the title.

Simbin are much the same tbh, they keep their cards close to their chest until the time is right and then they go for it. Doesn't stop us the public though from trying to help promote the title. I do with videos but tbh rF2 is not the easiest to work with right now in comparison with another project i'm working on now for someone. rF2 videos take time due to the bugs and come with alot of frustration.
    Last edited by FONismo; 05-16-12 at 10:17 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart S View Post
    I only started this thread because I got tired of all the update nonsence going on and theres not much else to talk about and I'm trying to keep intrest on the forums.
    Anyway Nismo point taken about the comparison altho I didnt intend it to sound like I was comparing the two titles other than graphics, I personnally am very satisfied with the way rFactor2 looks right now all Maxed out but... I think it can also do with some further graphical improvements.
    I am not bothered how much they raised either it has no benefit to me, I actually think ISI deserve more than a million euros at this stage tbh.
    Another irrelevent question I have is how many beta testers are there?
    Sorry Bart i didn't mean to come across like i was snapping, it's just my opinion mate, that's all. I'm not fussed about knowing all that. I would rather hear about what they are doing to improve the sim.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Sorry Bart i didn't mean to come across like i was snapping, it's just my opinion mate, that's all. I'm not fussed about knowing all that. I would rather hear about what they are doing to improve the sim.
    Same here mate, but we might aswell suck on a lolly cos we getting nada. It always goes back to whens the update out and what are they working on. I didn't detect any snapping anyway.

When I get home in a few hours I will just jump on the IsR pub server and woop some ass to kill off any frustration, or take my frustration out on anyone who slams into me. The Tankslapper races on update or no update, I love this game regardless.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @rFactor2Updates 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Two things to consider...

1. ISI is roughly 1/6th the size of SMS, so if rF2 has sold 3700 copies, it's on pace with pCARS financially.
    2. ISI makes money from other avenues (like SMS paying them a licensing fee) so it's not apples-to-apples.

This topic it´s just like that canadian television show "just for laughs"
    They didn´t even give proper answer for that question (and a plenty others in bug reports and techinical support): http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...iver-AA-Levels
    Imagine if they consider to respond how much money they make from "beta testers"
    Rf1 was a sucess because of the free work from modders. ISI should know this, but look at techinical support and feedback they give to people who make this SIM worth to buy.
    In the beggining what we have when people demand for some feedback and complaining: "ask for a refund if you not satisfied"
    Now what people get is: "we don´t promise that. You assuming whatsoever you talking about updates or feedback from techinical support that we not say".
    **** the updates to rf2. I didn´t expect much from ISI anymore. I´m waiting that awesome work people from comunnity do it for free.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    SMS knows how to sell a simcade...I hope I get my money back someday lol... and if rF2 had one member of this forum with more power of decision than you? I dont like too much this idea!
    iRacing is overpriced... imagine if you had to buy every new track/car they release for rF2?
    And modders can do a great job over rF2 platform, lucky ours! But they need the brain behind rF2. Remember the new tyre model?
    Who else have such advanced tecnology? What sim else feels this way behind the steering wheel?

regards!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Hi
    And if you read what Tim many times to explain?
    He said although the graphics and the like will be released in final.
    I for one patient because we made ​​improvements ISI thunder and Tim in turn informs us (in small doses )
    But this advance in the right direction malgrés everything and that's what we care at all
    then patience

Translation by GOOGLE

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by SLuisHamilton View Post
    Rf1 was a sucess because of the free work from modders. .

You can pat your self on the back there captain obvious. The whole concept of rFactor is that it's modder friendly.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky06 View Post

Translation by GOOGLE
    Didn't work very well man. Thunder lost me. Jokes btw

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Replace tonnerre -> crazy, giant...LOL
    Sorry

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Joke you think ISI owes modders for rFactors success lol

If it was not good enough to begin with it would never have been modded to that extent. !
    Antec 900 v3 : Seasonic M12 700 : Hydro H60 SE : 2500K@4.5GHz : MSI Z77A GD65 : G.Skill 8GB F3 1600C8 : Gigabyte GTX670 OC : X-Fi Titanium : 60GB Force3 : 1TB Black : W7HP64

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
    Joke you think ISI owes modders for rFactors success lol

If it was not good enough to begin with it would never have been modded to that extent. !
    +1

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: NONE 

Registered
    Feb 2011
    with 400,000 in downloads section and a few updates maybe be about 100,000 copies in sales already pretty good $$$$$ i think ISI POOR don't think so
    Last edited by coops; 05-18-12 at 10:44 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast