Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 931 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: AP Loadcell

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012

AP Loadcell

Hello this is a question to see if anyone here is using the AP loadcell or any loadcell brake with the g27 and has issues with sensitivity changing on it? I currently have this mod in my pedals and it is constantly changing sensitivity. Im running W7 64bit I got it working great for about a minute then it change and i can't duplicate the problem. Has anyone here experience this. This is a great mod and would love to get it right thanks!

Where I race 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    It sounds like the same problem I had at first. Had to push harder and harder for each corner as the calibration changed.

The reason for my problems was because I followed this instruction from AP:
    NOTE: If you notice the axis is reversed in your sim, you can reverse the axis in the Logitech Profiler.
    This caused a lot of problems with continuously changing calibration for me. Just leave the axis as default in Logitech Profiler and calibrate in-game several times until you get the correct axis direction for the load cell.

For fine tuning of the calibration I use DXTweak2:
    http://www.wingmanteam.com/files/Too...6/DXTweak2.exe

Registered
    Jan 2012
    thanks knut so the axis can be reversed in rfactor2???? Did you have issues with the pedal being to sensitive i can barley step on it and gives a 100% reading in rfactor. Anything i do in the profiler doesn't yield a substantial difference in rfactor Me and Andy (the maker of the mod) are in contact ATM but im trying to get other ideas from the community thanks again

Also I do use dxtweak but that doesn't help with sensitivity.....

Where I race 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Basically you don't have to reverse any axis anywhere (not in Logitech profiler or in-game). You just have to make sure you assign the control correctly.

When I first assigned the brake pedal in-game, the axis was reversed (In-game said Joy1 RZ-). So pressing the pedal decreases the braking force. I tried to correct this by reversing axis in Logitech but that lead to these problems with changing calibration.

So I turned off reverse axis in Logitech and tried again. By assigning the brake control over and over (more than 20 times) suddenly the brake showed up as Joy1 RZ+ instead of Joy1 RZ-. Problem solved I suggest you do the same, don't use reverse axis and reassign the brake pedal until you get Joy1 RZ+.

Until you have it assigned correctly, the sensitivity can be very weird as you noticed.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    ahh yes thanks I will give it a go tonight. I guess holding the brake down than assigning it by releasing doesn't work i have to keep assigning it until it reads correctly correct???

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    If your pedals are still plugged into wheel, Logitech controller needs to push pedals to the max after each computer start to calibrate maximum range. it is valid also for not modded pedals - but for them it is very easy to press it to maximum.

So.. from my experience, you have to use some additional controller to use with modded pedals. I'm using Bodnar's controller for years. There are 2 main pros with it:
    - you may calibrate analogue axes once and forget about it (with DIView program)
    - you get better precision (10bit or 12bit depending on version) - G25/27 wheel gives only 8bit precision for pedals.

I don't want to start discussion about how many bits you need to drive, but in overall more is better. Additionally AP mod uses only about 60% of available range (at least in version sold 2 years ago). After setting deadzones and non-linear slope of breaking pedal it results by quite big differences between levels using 8bit original controller.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    ok got my pedal working by just leaving stock settings in the logitech profiler and assigning it in game, GREAT STUFF thats the only thing i didn't try DOH!

Maxym are you saying that I can increase the range 0-255 of the pedal travel with the Bodnars cable or I can increase sensitivities or decrease them?

I ask because i have pedal extensions on i have about 2 more inches of leverage on my brake i would love to decrease the sensitivity or increase the pressure it takes to have 100% braking even more so than what rfactor allows without losing all the distance in pedal travel. Does leo cable allow something likes this?? Or is there something else that would work

Where I race 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Good stuff!

I don't use Bodnar's controller, but I really don't think it will help with increasing the maximum brake pressure. As Maxym said, it helps with the calibration and precision. And I have to agree with Maxym that some more precision could be helpful, but so far the weakest link is me and not the brake precision

I suggest you recalibrate the pedal if you want more pressure. Switching to a different USB port resets the calibration. Then plug in the wheel and calibrate in Logitech Profiler. Push the brake pedal as hard as you want the max force to be at.

If later you want to fine-tune the sensitivity and pressure (reduce the required force), you can use DIView or DXTweak2. There you can change the response of the 0-255 output from the pedal. Here is my setting:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    By shifting the cen (center) setting you tweak the sensitivity below and above 50% brake force. By decreasing the max setting, you reach the maximum force earlier (at lower pedal force). I had to reduce the max value to 150 as you can see, because I calibrated with way too much force in Logitech profiler!

Registered
    Jan 2012
    ok will do one more question lol....you say to recalibrate the pedals, i tried this but it never seems to work. when i go to game controllers i hold ctrl + shift and left click the properties this brings up calibration screen the funny thing is when i get to the pedals they are @ 100% it states to press the pedal all the way down then hit a button on the controller. When doing the loadcell i put pressure on the pedal bring it to 0% but still have available travel but that doesn't register when do i calibrate the loadcell for full pressure?? sorry for my NOOBNESS

Where I race 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    I'm not sure about that one. I read in your other thread just now that you switched the wires on the loadcell. Are the wires in the correct arrangements now or are they reversed?

Registered
    Jan 2012
    nope put the wires back to where they should be. Everything is great I love this mod such a better feel thanks for your incite it has helped in race07 and gtr2 as well !