Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 855 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Skipping gears

Apr 2012

Skipping gears

I know my MS Sidewinder usb is old but I've seen ppl with G27s complaining of the same. What happens is every now and then when I change down a gear will be skipped, so if i'm in 3rd it will skip straight to 1st sending me off the track.

I resolved this in rFactor 1 by changing the line 'Repeat Shifts="0"', I changed the value to 2 and haven't had that problem anymore.

Is there a way to cure this skipping in rFactor 2?

Thx in advance!

Apr 2012

skipping gears

I know my MS Sidewinder usb is old but I've seen ppl with G27s complaining of the same. What happens is every now and then when I change down a gear will be skipped, so if i'm in 3rd it will skip straight to 1st sending me off the track.

I resolved this in rFactor 1 by changing the line 'Repeat Shifts="0"' in my .plr file, I changed the value to 2 and haven't had that problem anymore.

Is there a way to cure this skipping in rFactor 2?

Thx in advance!
    Last edited by rafa79; 04-30-12 at 09:24 AM.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Luc Van Camp's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @ISITrackTeam 

The 'Repeat Shifts' setting still exists in the DRIVER AIDS section of the PLR file.

Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Luc Van Camp View Post
    The 'Repeat Shifts' setting still exists in the DRIVER AIDS section of the PLR file.
    Thank you, I'll test it out and let u know if it works! ;-)

Apr 2012
    Ok, it seems to have worked in rF2 as well. Now is this setting a workaround for a problem in my wheel or what? How do the settings work? I chose 2 randomly but how do they actually work? Because in rF 1 it solved the problem but but created another smaller one which is that sometimes when I press the button for changing down it won't do it the first time, so I have to press it again.

Thx in advance!