Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 804 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Getting "stuck"

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile 

Getting "stuck"

Hi yall. Great work, watching with interest. Have had no specific requests to date.

But I have just one now - getting stuck. Sometimes it seems like every time you leave the track, you get stuck (eg Belgium). Tire stuck on fence, stuck behind fence, car wont flip against tree etc. On a whole, they can become very annoying. I wonder if it is possible to somehow limit the number of ways and the regularity of this happening in some simple manner? Getting the car back on track is far preferable to having to restart especially in practice.

It is certainly something I have heard complained about over and over again in game.

Cheers,

NAND Gate

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I wonder if it is possible to somehow limit the number of ways and the regularity of this happening in some simple manner?
    <wiseass mode on>

Don't drive on top of fences?

/mode off
    www.virtualsportscarracing.com For the best quality Sportscar racing on the net. We race several different sims, check us out today.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Would be great if it was just fences, you get a wheel stuck in armco, trees and under cars as well.

Why is it you can drive through some fences paddock to paddock and find a driveway but not others.
    If they could all lead to somewhere and get out would be much better for training rookies.

Haybales bounce 100 metres up road.
    You get flipped into paddocks way to easy.
    Fence posts laying on track flip the cars.

Collision at even 10mph is just too much to the point of ridiculous.
    Cars fly up to 100 feet in the air.
    GPL's "Hand of God" has nothing on this.
    They bounce and flip and roll then bounce and flip some more.

The grass is too slippery ( and people complain about GPL still )

I mean all this is challenging sure and the object off course is not to do any of this stuff.

But you know some fast guys rip out the fence posts and hit bales on pit out on purpose just to make Spa lines easier.

You have done such a fantastic job with the bridges, extra roads, train track and river bed.
    But if it comes down to all the remaining I would rather you just make invisible walls, aka pCAR

You should be able to ESCAPE without stopping that imho is the worst of the lot
    Like yeah you not supossed to do any of this true.
    So ? what about the guys do the right thing get wiped out by cars, bales and posts laying somewhere next lap.

More things make the game feel arcade then not and if all that is not fixed no way I will be doing online on release.

I rather pCARS invisible walls and immovable objects if it comes to that.
    Antec 900 v3 : Seasonic M12 700 : Hydro H60 SE : 2500K@4.5GHz : MSI Z77A GD65 : G.Skill 8GB F3 1600C8 : Gigabyte GTX670 OC : X-Fi Titanium : 60GB Force3 : 1TB Black : W7HP64

Registered
    Mar 2012
    the animal rights activists wont be happy seeing us driving into the Cows and Horses

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
    You should be able to ESCAPE without stopping that imho is the worst of the lot
    You can, it's a server setting same as it was in rF1.

In multiplayer.ini under the [ Multiplayer Server Options ] section.
    Code:
    Must Be Stopped="1" // Whether drivers must come to a complete stop before exiting back to the monitor

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Ah thanks mate

I never onlined rF was unaware.
    Antec 900 v3 : Seasonic M12 700 : Hydro H60 SE : 2500K@4.5GHz : MSI Z77A GD65 : G.Skill 8GB F3 1600C8 : Gigabyte GTX670 OC : X-Fi Titanium : 60GB Force3 : 1TB Black : W7HP64