Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
ISI - Advertise
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 896 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

View Poll Results: What Class Would you like to Race

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll

58 50.00%
  • GT

25 21.55%
  • Megane

20 17.24%
  • FR3.5

13 11.21%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fun Race

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @apocalypse_dan Where I race Modding Group: YutaniDesign 

Registered
    Jan 2012

Fun Race

Hi We at Accretion Racing International or A.R.I Would like to announce that we will be holding a Fun Race on

Sunday 6th May time to be confirmed
    We would like to see what you as a community how active the game is at this moment in time
    the race will be running a half race Distance or 1hr
    there will be no aids except auto clutch as not everyone has a 3rd pedal
    damage will be set to Full 100%
    and fuel usage and tyre wear will be set to x2 to encourage more pit stops
    Weather will be changeable passing from one type of weather to the next at a random time through out the race

if you feel you would like to race then please sign up by posting on this thread
    for those that do not wish to race you will be able to watch the Live timing(Vortex MotorSport Live Timing By Frank Geyer) @ www.sr4l.com

please feel free to PM me any questions or concerns

limited slot available so sign up 1st to Secure a place on the grid this 1st come 1st severed.

Server Live timing
    http://www.sr4l.com/

Name of server: ARI 1960's F2 Only
    Server Password: sr4l

F2 cars (You Must Select an F2 or you will be removed from the Server Due to Car filters)

Sunday 6th May
    All times are GMT
    Open practice until 19:20 GMT
    Qualifying 19:25 GMT
    Warm up 19:55
    Race 20:00
    60 minute race

*Maximum of 30 Drivers. Qualifying will be closed session.
    *No chatting during Qual or Race.
    *Teamspeak Server will be open. Address: 176.28.41.189 password sr4l no port number required as it is default for TS3
    *Dany Mitchelwill Marshall for the event.

Race Conditions.
    Fuel normal to be announced.
    Tyre wear normal
    Time Scale normal
    Damage to be announced.

Please note:
    you will not be able to join after practice so be in the server for the end of the practice session or you will not be racing this is a server setting not an admin
    Administrators Dany Mitchel and Bryan Ferguson.
    Last edited by Dany Mitchel; 05-06-12 at 06:40 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    What time are you going to make the race? as I'm GMT +10 er yes "down under" and what track is going to be used?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @apocalypse_dan Where I race Modding Group: YutaniDesign 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Tack and Mod to Be announced on the 1st of may but at this time it looks like Spa 1960 unless the poll at the top of this thread changes event time to be confirmed when we know better where our drivers are from but I would think it will be late afternoon or early evening GMT

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2011
    I'm very interested but I can't commit at this time as I don't know if I'll be working that Sunday yet. Can you book me in as a possibility please?

Thanks
    Andy

Registered
    Mar 2012
    282 views, 32 votes.Sad really imo.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Np Andy will save you a slot but at this rate I think I am safe in saying you got a slot for sure lol

Registered
    Jan 2012
    This is well bad 3 people have taken the time to post this has to be the biggest waste of time I have ever had the misfortune to be involved with Come on people this is a fun race testing your commitment to this title at this rate ISI will just not bother any more looking at this response

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    I'd like to give it a try. But it depends...

I think the lack of response could be due to the lack of specific details. For me it depends on the time of day, what mod is run, and what track.

I don't think I can muster a race before 8am or after 8pm my time (central USA). I am only interested in the 60's mod. And I have big reservations about the Spa track only because it is absolutely unforgiving. There is zero chance of me going around it more than 4 or 5 times without a fatal crash.

Plus, I have yet tried to drive in the rain. Learning to be quick and consistant in dry conditions is enough of a learning curve for me at the moment. I have no idea what adding rain will do to my FPS. These are unknowns to me that make me hesitant to jump in wholeheartedly.

I have uncertainty in simply running this sim online. I have searched several times for a 60's pick up race and have never found one with more than 1 person on track. I guess my system will do well but it's never been tested.

But yeah, put me down as a yes... if...

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Ok as far as details go I am looking at how much intrest I have and what part of the world these players are from I am unemployed and I can race at any time so for get times and tracks for now I am after numbers of players that would like to race on the 6th of may
    I wish to hold the race at a time that suits the majority of the people that sign up

If everyone would like a time then 20:00 GMT on the 6th May @ Spa for 1hr in the 1960

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Hi Dany,

That time looks very positive for me (20:00 GMT) as even if I have to work that day unless something goes badly wrong I should be able to make it.

If we are doing 60's Spa I would like to suggest we use F3's if we hope to do a 1 hour race, they are the most forgiving and accessible of the 60's series so I think we would get better numbers if that were the case.
    I've been doing some online races with servers running the F3's at Spa and even with 5 lap races the attrition rate can be quite high. I think with a longer race it is more mindset than anything else, you have to convince people to be safe before being fast.

Having said all that I'm really looking forward to be able to run a longer race, the variable weather setup as well as tyre and fuel set to 200% sound great. I'm really hoping we can make this happen. I was racing on the 'FUNSERVER' (I think) and they had a variable weather, going from sun to cloud obscured racetrack was an amazing feeling.

Anyway, I hope we can get some good numbers for the 6th.

Anyone else reading this, get to Spa online and have some fun running laps and then think how much fun an hour long race could be!
    Last edited by Andy_R; 04-28-12 at 04:07 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Hi, put me down as a possibility too please thanks.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    That time works for me. What server should I look for? Can I get on it now to check out how it works for me?

Is it F3's? Haven't tried those, will need some practice. I gravitate to the F1's but if F3 is safer that may be the way to go if the race is at Spa.

Hope a few more sign up.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    I just tried a few F3 laps. I'd like to suggest F2 instead. Less dangerous than F1 but a little more challenging and fun than F3.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    @Andy Great News see you on the 6th or in the server throwing down some practice laps
    @DJCruicky will do
    @Ricknau Look FOr A.R.I in server browser if you list servers buy name ours it number 1 at the very top slot , as damage will be on and depending on numbers I would like to think that there would be enough drivers for all 3 Groups F1 F2 & F3 to have an independent race
    at the same time but if numbers are low then I think you may have a good point F2 no point in 2/3rds running F2 and 2 guys running F1

I will put the server and Live Timing up as Practice live timing can be seen @ www.sr4l.com and server is A.R.I
    it will be live 30 mins after this post
    Last edited by Dany Mitchel; 04-30-12 at 04:16 AM.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Logged onto the server today. Just missed a chance to go around with other drivers. Didn't matter though that I missed the session because FFB would not work. Tried my "reset FFB" button but it did not help. Went off line, FFB worked. Went back online, no FFB.

If I can't resolve this I won't be able to race on Sunday.
    Last edited by Ricknau; 05-04-12 at 06:33 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile YouTube Channel Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I voted, you aren't running at a time I can make or with the mod I voted for, so i won't be showing. Sorry.
    www.virtualsportscarracing.com For the best quality Sportscar racing on the net. We race several different sims, check us out today.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Accretion Racing International Presents a fun race at Spa1960

Server Live timing
    http://www.sr4l.com/

Name of server: ARI 1960's F2 Only
    Server Password: sr4l

F2 cars (You Must Select an F2 or you will be removed from the Server Due to Car filters)