Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
ISI - Advertise
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 423 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: To all the people complaing about no DX11 :)

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Consider this rfactors lighting system work via a geo location system as since rf1. Hdr is dependant of the track and suns location at a certain longitude and latitude position in time and season, if we eliminate weather from the equation it should remain consistant along the equator where as further north or south the horizon and skyline may come into play. We can then start to add weather effects, cloud coverage etc. Dawn till dusk colouring and start to see changes in colour of light and intensity. Other effects are all driven from these basic set standards. A track modeller will depend on these variables for accurately modeling colour at a particular time of day, yes hdr is an overlay but it has the same importance as lighting as they are the same thing. Hdr and lighting are both tweaked together not one after another, then tweaked again once you add the weather variable, then with all three will the overlayed eye effects or camera effects be added. Atleast in a logical sence that is the path most programmers and designers should take.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    You are still getting HDR as effect to modify vissuals in the first row. It is wrong.
    HDR is technique to made light range wider. Or in short: to simulate how human eye sees the incoming light in real world.
    So, at first, the world must "generate light in correct way", after that light is interpreted by you eyes-brain. Doesn't matter if you watch the world on the north pole or African desert. Doesn't matter it is down, noon or night. Your eyes works always the same way. That's why HDR should be defined once, not for each scene separately as you are suggesting

Let's summarize: at first step, lighting without hdr must be prepared to look correct at first place. Then HDR (as well as other post processing effects) may be applied.
    As KS said, HDR may be prepared before - with knowledge about expected results (usually some light intensity function). This is it: it is not depended on the scene, it is how you want to simulate eye reaction on light.
    But for a sake, it shouldn't be used as a tool to reach final scene appearance. It is just helper with limited light range of monitors, not cure for bad looking scenes.

Atleast in a logical sence that is the path most programmers and designers should take.
    It applies for programmers who uses HDR for beautifying final result only (or make it more attractive). But it is not what HDR is designed to be used for.
    Last edited by MaXyM; 04-21-12 at 10:35 PM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Personally I really don't care that much about the graphics. I want a great tire model and excellent FFB. There's loads of driving games I can't stand with really sugary over the top graphics and no playability.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    For some of us "real" means "beauty
    For me real means the feel that I feel when driving my actual car...and rFactor2 is really close to it!

PC Specification 

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinelli View Post
    let me know just how crappy dx9 is and how badly dx11 is needed in order to make a game look beautiful, lol.
    Using DirectX 11 to make a game look beautiful is only part of it, GPU utilization is the other and that's where DirectX 9 falls short when compared to DirectX 10/11.
    i7-980X, w/Corsair H100, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Corsair DOMINATOR-GT 6GB DDR3 1600, GeForce GTX 680, Corsair Force Series GT 180GB SSD/WD VelociRaptor 600GB, Corsair AX1200/800D, Windows 7 Ultimate 64/SP1

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Fella's Lets all calm down. It should be obvious that the next giant leap forward for gaming visualizations is going to be OpenGL... .FTW

No, seriously.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    Fella's Lets all calm down. It should be obvious that the next giant leap forward for gaming visualizations is going to be OpenGL... .FTW

No, seriously.

After seeing first hand what the Outerra game engine is capable of, OpenGL isn't a bad option at all. From what I've read depending on the capability of who is developing/writing the game/rendering engine, OpenGL can also match DirectX 11 as far as utilizing the GPU's resources.
    i7-980X, w/Corsair H100, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Corsair DOMINATOR-GT 6GB DDR3 1600, GeForce GTX 680, Corsair Force Series GT 180GB SSD/WD VelociRaptor 600GB, Corsair AX1200/800D, Windows 7 Ultimate 64/SP1

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Who is complaining

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I was playing rFactor 2 yesterday on my 50" TV, and I just couldn't get it focused.. I then realised that I had it running via the VGA port, so I'm off out in a min to find a hdmi cable to try it in 1080p, that should make some difference..

The game races well though :-) (sadly I don't lol)

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulinho View Post
    I was playing rFactor 2 yesterday on my 50" TV, and I just couldn't get it focused.. I then realised that I had it running via the VGA port, so I'm off out in a min to find a hdmi cable to try it in 1080p, that should make some difference..

The game races well though :-) (sadly I don't lol)
    You own an HDTV but don't have an Hdmi cable in the house to try rFactor with??

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Lol maybe he needs a dvi to hdmi adapter.
    Regardless its pointless guessing which way isi has chosen to develop the visuals but we know that hdr is being worked on before raindrops an all other effect stuff.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Alesi said: but isi instead of making optimization and work on graphic level (physics too), works on content. bad idea, very bad!!! start working on graphic level, make it great, then start on content and licensing!!! Reply Reply With Quote .

Actually...good idea, very good!!!
    I have a stack of Shifts etc. lying around, dont want more!

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I believe that programming and modelling involves different persons. So I wouldn't afraid that ISI works on content.
    What I'm afraid is that they working on content before gfx engine is finished. It will require a lot of additional work on models after engine will be turned into something better. It's not my bussines, but we all know how much it may costs. At the end is it possible, some one will decide to not change gfx engine due to amount of work needed to upgrade all tracks and cars (including produced by community). Hope I'm wrong.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    dont forget the ISI graphics engine is not finished once the Gold release it made available, it is something that will be improved upon in the future for RF2 as ISI themselves have pretty much stated since Beta began.

Graphics IMO are just fine for the moment on my old card (upgrading very soon!), when I get my new one it will be like a whole new world has opened up so that'll suit me personally just fine until ISI delve into DX11 territory if they feel the need to do so.

I'm personally much more concerned about future Sound updates as that area needs a lot more work!

Registered
    Apr 2012
    we need DX11. recently GPU is tuned for DX11.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcG View Post
    dont forget the ISI graphics engine is not finished once the Gold release it made available, it is something that will be improved upon in the future for RF2 as ISI themselves have pretty much stated since Beta began.
    If you answered my post, means you completely missed a my point.
    BTW: Don't you think that accepting gfx state only due to owning a weak gfx card has no sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr RU View Post
    we need DX11. recently GPU is tuned for DX11.
    Doesn't change anything at this stage until engine will be rebuilt. I'm not even sure you will get a few fps more.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    removed

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    If you answered my post, means you completely missed a my point.
    BTW: Don't you think that accepting gfx state only due to owning a weak gfx card has no sense?

Doesn't change anything at this stage until engine will be rebuilt. I'm not even sure you will get a few fps more.

I was replying generally
    as for the next bit, well to me it makes sense because I cant always afford the latest high end GPU cards when they first get released, I have to rely on a card lasting 4+ years (as my faithful 9600GT has done so now). So when you have a weak GPU card you kind of have to accept any graphics you're capable of, whether or not the game you're playing is of the highest standards...it makes no difference to you in the end!

19.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #39
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoff Rand View Post
    You should work, hard work on your English...
    Not everyone has the time, the ability or the need to spend time learning another language. The fact that so many people speak English to the degree they to is of great benefit to you and the rFactor community, please don't attack people for it.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race Modding Group: ~bTp~ 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    frankly I'd rather use http://www.freetranslation.com then try to decipher half of it. their grasp of the language just comes off as rude through and through and rude begets rude... it wasn't an attack anymore than the attack on your work... perhaps you should worry more about defending your product than playing hall monitor. whats-more if you spent half as much time posting answers to our hundreds of questions in the modding channel as you did playing hall monitor alot of us might be further along. I mean no one has even fixed the dozens of work stopping errors in the tutorials, simple typing errors... I mean have you even been in the car modding forum? has anyone from ISI been in there? because we sure don't see anyone. with the Exception of Mianak who tries to help but I think he's an alpha tester. you'd think someone with answers would stop by like once a week... or maybe once a month and answer some questions. but hey you know I only talked like 15 people in to buying this so...

p.s. the reason people learn English is because it's of benefit to them... not to me. the same reason they teach it in almost every school in the entire world... it's the language of money. and if your use of it makes you sound rude, then it's not really helping you too much and you could go as far as to say I'm helping them by pointing it out. because the two Polish guys Maxym and Patryksok always come off as raging rude condescension.

but yeah keep "attacking" me cuz you know I don't try to help anyone around here.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast