Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 572 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: To all the people complaing about no DX11 :)

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    I could not care less about DX11 or any other graphical technology. I love rFactor whatever engine and technology it employs.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Lol.. a blind love

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by djt View Post
    The problem is many of us take simulation games seriously and want to see rFactor get an advanced, up to date game engine like what we've already seen from other racing titles, which with some features are technically impossible with a game engine that uses DirectX 9.
    You do know that pCARS looks identical in DX9 and DX11, right?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post
    You do know that pCARS looks identical in DX9 and DX11, right?
    Not completely identical (I've got build 197 installed) but if you look through this thread you'll see some of us are just as interested in hardware utilization and performance as we are with eye candy.

If you look at this video “Triple Projector 3D Racing Simulator Update” you'll see a little bit of rFactor2 and pCARS -

http://www.virtualr.net/mikemavs-sim...el-review-more

New Community Previews -

http://www.virtualr.net/project-cars...unity-previews
    i7-980X, w/Corsair H100, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Corsair DOMINATOR-GT 6GB DDR3 1600, GeForce GTX 680, Corsair Force Series GT 180GB SSD/WD VelociRaptor 600GB, Corsair AX1200/800D, Windows 7 Ultimate 64/SP1

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Better graphics is the one thing, but i've heard about better performance in DX11.
    Last edited by Andreas Binz; 05-27-13 at 07:13 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated 

Newer Member
    Nov 2012
    In my case, i use DX11 in pCars and i get about 60% more FPS.

Anhalt GP Finish Line + - 63 FPS DX11
    Anhalt GP Finish Line + - 40 FPS DX9

If rFactor 2 have support DX 11 I think we will have a big performance gain.

Registered
    Aug 2012
    ...and let's face it, we need all the performance gains we can get with this game.

Facebook profile Where I race 

Feb 2012
    necesidad DX11 .necesidad DX11.necesidad DX11.necesidad DX11.necesidad DX11.necesidad. DX11.NO DX9.DX11.NO DX9.DX11.NO DX9.PLEASE.RF2.ISI.

rFactor 2 Validated 

Newer Member
    Nov 2012
    To rFactor 2 have compatibility with DX 11 I believe that engine would have to be modernized. Something about that ISI?

rFactor 2 Validated 

Newer Member
    Nov 2012
    The evolution for the DX 11 is required. Sometimes we need time, but we need to take steps forward.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    rFactor3 (coming June, 2016)

Featuring..

* Full OpenGL Rendering (Screw DX11)

* 1:1 Rendering of the whole earth with all real racetracks placed throughout in their proper Geographic Locations

* Procedural Rendering of that world and infinite viewdistance

* Simplified Highway networks across the world connecting points of interest

* Automatic downloading of all content in an area (models, textures, sounds and tracks) as you approach (via torrent protocol)

* Realistic Day/Night cycle with accurate atmospheric modeling and real star chart used for the night sky

* Customizable HTML in-game menu's and HUD

* Scaling multiplayer cloud for large events

* 14 levels of detail to guarantee high frames and unsurpassed detail.

* In-Game mod search and download

* Ability to modify both track and car live in-game and see/drive changes

* Easy scripting ability in almost any language

I am not dreaming, just waiting

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Sounds like a bunch of women in here for crying out loud.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    ZeosPantera huh what.. june 2016 sounds about right for rf2 being closed to finished
    rf 3 - maybe next decade alpha will start.. not that theres no need to fantasize about rf3, we'd all be happy with finalised rf2 (at least physics wise)

Registered
    Jan 2012
    looks like dx11´s graphical improvements aren´t needed, but the performance improvements could come in handy.

rFactor 2 Validated 

Newer Member
    Nov 2012
    I think the DX 11 version because of performance. We'd have big FPS gain. And it could also have the DX 9 version, same as pCars. And each could decide which version to use.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Where I race Modding Group: RSR 

Newer Member
    Jan 2013
    Some people think that the simulator has to look as project cars. Yes RF2 should have DX11 and the new technologies it anyway. Graphically well encounter little shader. For me, it would be sufficient to improve the shaders. It clearly demonstrates a better DX9 shaders in rf1. Personally, I'm waiting until it finally ISI understand and enable people to improve their game. I am glad that the ISI is focused on driving model that is most important. But honestly RF2 be more friendly for people who do mod. Mainly I mean more editors (for example physics editor for engine etc). So the ISI continue the good work to improve driving model and let people make better graphics (for example allow custom shaders). Most of all I liked the freedom rf1, absolutely perfect ..

Registered
    Aug 2012
    Well, we live in an age where PC's are very powerful so my view is that we should expect great physics and great visuals.

I'm pleased ISI are focusing on the fundamentals of the game first i.e. the physics and tyre model. Hopefully graphics are given due care and attention at some point as I don't find rF2 to be visually satisfying, particularly in trackside cams. The importance of believable graphics in creating a realistic and immersive experience shouldn't be understated.

rFactor 2 Validated 

Newer Member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BULIT View Post
    Some people think that the simulator has to look as project cars. Yes RF2 should have DX11 and the new technologies it anyway. Graphically well encounter little shader. For me, it would be sufficient to improve the shaders. It clearly demonstrates a better DX9 shaders in rf1. Personally, I'm waiting until it finally ISI understand and enable people to improve their game. I am glad that the ISI is focused on driving model that is most important. But honestly RF2 be more friendly for people who do mod. Mainly I mean more editors (for example physics editor for engine etc). So the ISI continue the good work to improve driving model and let people make better graphics (for example allow custom shaders). Most of all I liked the freedom rf1, absolutely perfect ..
    If this message was for me, I think this quite mistaken! I have 2 games, just said that pCars with DX 11 I had gains of up to 60%. I'm showing gains over DX11 to DX9. I'm not comparing pCars with rFactor 2.

This is MY view on DX11, and I can assure you that many people think like me.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @woodee_uk Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AraujoCarlosEdu View Post
    If this message was for me, I think this quite mistaken! I have 2 games, just said that pCars with DX 11 I had gains of up to 60%. I'm showing gains over DX11 to DX9. I'm not comparing pCars with rFactor 2.

Not me.

But by all means, list these people you are assured think like you.Or are you just trying to generalise?

The FACT still remains... ISI are not going to suddenly turn RF2 into supporting DX11. You can all shout, scream, stamp your feet...but it is still not happening right now. So make the most of what we have, whether you prefer pCars or Rf2.
    Dropbox can host your mods (Works with GetMod) Please use this invite link
    Community Driven Wiki -> rFactor 2 Wiki - Contributions welcome!

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by AraujoCarlosEdu View Post

Even if pCars showed an FPS boost of 60%, and I've no reason to think that isn't the case, how do you know rF2 would show a similar gain? Wouldn't it depend on what is actually being drawn?

There are people with a lot more knowledge than me in this area, and maybe you know a lot too, but I often find people are comparing titles in DX9 vs DX11 and ignoring the possibility that some things might be disabled in DX9 (since a DX11 card will generally be more powerful, so can handle more) which makes DX11 look better, and/or some features more 'native' to DX11 are being emulated in high detail levels in DX9 which then suffers performance losses.

There are maybe 3 people who actually sound like they know what they're talking about when it comes to graphics engines and DX levels on this forum, and they usually downplay the graphical and performance gains of DX11 vs DX9 compared to everybody else. I'm sure if you fully utilise a DX11 feature and then try to make DX9 look the same you'll run into problems, but if rF2 isn't doing anything that would be helped by DX11 it seems unlikely it'll make it look any better or run any faster.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast