Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 860 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Question for modders concerning cars/tracks

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Apr 2012

Question for modders concerning cars/tracks

Is there anybody currently working on a Nordschleife for rF2?
    Is there anybody making a Avon British GT mod by any chance?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    You putting your hand up lol

Seriously though, would be nice to them them both.

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Radar View Post
    You putting your hand up lol

Seriously though, would be nice to them them both.
    I wish I had the necessary skills! lol

EDIT: Since you're from Australia, you might as well do Mount Panorama! Awesome track, btw!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @SuperRantam rF2 Rank Laptimes Modding Group: HistorX 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Well, the only difference between those who create content and those who don't is just the first took the time to learn how to do it. Nobody is born with such skills, so you can switch to the first group, it's just a matter of wanting to do it

Regards

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile Modding Group: Finns on track 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Rantam View Post
    Well, the only difference between those who create content and those who don't is just the first took the time to learn how to do it. Nobody is born with such skills, so you can switch to the first group, it's just a matter of wanting to do it
    This here.

Other thing is that most modders build mods which they are personally interested in, so it is just matter of luck if it matches any personal preference of the player
    rF2 Chase USA mod WIP progress: Finns on track
    || I speak serious subject, and you make the idiots. ||

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    One of our mod team is currently working (Albeit incredibly slowly) on Mt Panorama.
    I'm doing Eastern Creek (With new track extensions and changes) - walked the track and got all the cambers yesterday after getting the elevations zoned in.
    Gold Coast street circuit is half done properly for RF1, but on hold as want to bring track into RF2, but re-do with the higher poly counts.
    Planning on going to Nordschleife in june as i have to work over that way for a week and plan on cutting my first ever lap.. If i fall in love with it i "Might" think about going for a conversion.. But i like to get as accurate as possible on surfaces / cambers etc, so its unlikely as I wont be able to get out and measure / check heights, altitudes / elevations. Time will tell though.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @feels3 rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Drathuu View Post
    If i fall in love with it i "Might" think about going for a conversion..
    No more conversions, please.

Make a one track instead of five, but try to do it from scratch and with good quality.
    Last edited by feels3; 04-19-12 at 06:22 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    I dont get it, Nordschleife was very beautiful in rf1, as was VLMs LeMans, why do it again from scratch? Isnt it work wasted?
    Why not convert them (if its permitted) and if a guy wants to do something better why not.
    How much work is needed to convert these tracks actually?

Hello mr Rantam, are we going to have HistoricX? Any progress? Really waiting for it!!
    All the best, nikos

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Racefreak1976 View Post
    I wish I had the necessary skills! lol
    No one is born with know-how. We obtain it - what we really need is the will to do so
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by K Szczech View Post
    No one is born with know-how. We obtain it - what we really need is the will to do so
    ...and the time to do so! With my working hours there is no chance I will ever accumulate that knowledge. Even if I would prefer doing these things the salary is too little to pay my bills.

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1959nikos View Post
    Hello mr Rantam, are we going to have HistoricX? Any progress? Really waiting for it!!
    All the best, nikos

Oh yes! That Historic GT&TC mod was definitely my favourite! We need to have this one in rF2!!!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    As regards the OP's 1st question

Quote Originally Posted by Com8, 03-30-2012, 08:04 PM
    Hey there,

after checking the cam files for the stock content cars I'm quite surprised that the old values for Clipin of 0,075 are back in use.
    rF1 has proven that these low values cause massive flickering on long tracks (was experiencing that when i tested a track in rf2).

0.175 was proven as a perfect value and good compromise between cockpit clipping and flickering polygons on track.

So please give the cam files some attention and set these values accordingly - as you will be driving that certain track too at some point

Also all car modders should take this post into account when setting up cams for their cars

Thank you and cheers!

Alex aka Com8

p.s.: I like rf2 very much
    Looks hopeful

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Given the fact that he's really talking about the Nordschleife. Since this post is about massive flickering, it might actually be true.
    Lets wait and see. Fingers crossed.