Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 951

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Next Update.....?

  1. #61
    FONismo's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @BSNismo 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    It's because it is most noticeable thing and always has been defended by "it is wip". But since it is wip almost nothing changed (excluding fixes).
    Also because there are no competitors with for example RealRoad-like technology, but there are a few way with better visuals and sounds.

    But I can talk about a lot of things we all forgetting while arguing here about gfx. What about driver changes promised years ago by Gjon (inside simracing interview)? What about clutch simulation, turbo simulation, active diffs? What about spotter developement we has been asked for half year ago? What about improvements in sound engine? All I have read about it is: "we consider it maybe in future".
    Yes i understand MaXy, i am not disagreeing with you, in fact the opposite. I just said i agree with alot you say but i just think it needs toning down from time to time. We would all like it to look better, but us all keep saying it and banging the same drum is not gonna change things and suddenly make them jump. I spose we just have to trust them when they say what we have now is WIP graphically and try and stay patient.

    If clutch and turbo simulation though is not implemented then i will be very dissapointed and that's the point really. I would rather see ISI working on that than worrying about the eye candy right now.

    Also, i think the next content we see may be a good indication of where we will be heading in terms of visuals. I seem to remember Tim saying the next cars would be a step up in quality and Scott also said the tracks would now start improving.
    Train your mind and your body will follow!

  2. #62
    Salajutsu's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Registered
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Michigan
    I don't think anyone can really put out the fact that the next build is still not even released yet.

    This thread went people chanting over and over to digging up expectations and analyzing every piece of text.

    What a jump!

  3. #63
    MarcG's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    A monthly dev. post would be nice. Even if it were just a couple of sentences. It could be a locked thread and stickied to the top.
    I was thinking the same thing the other day, it would'nt take 10minutes to do a quick write up on the State Of The Game once every month, give people an insight into what cool things are happening, what might be coming, how the Beta is progressing etc etc.
    Last edited by MarcG; 04-25-12 at 03:23 PM.

  4. #64
    FONismo's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @BSNismo 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    UK
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcG View Post
    I was thinking the same thing the other day, it would'nt take 10minutes to do a quick write up on the State Of The Game once every month, give people an insight into what cool things are happening, what might be coming, how the Beta is progressing etc etc.
    Something like that below you mean? But on a more regular basis and covering all aspects of the sim and not only tracks?

    Would be great

    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...date-19Mar2012
    Train your mind and your body will follow!

  5. #65
    RafBR's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Brasil
    I have SMS pCars since the begining and have to say I updated my build only a couple of times. Thats a silly arcade.

    I think one update per month as ISI said it would be is nice. But this monthly build is late and the worse is that I/we dont know what they are doing exactly. Even without the build, notes about what is being doing would be great!

    ISI, if you improve what is already there we, the sim racers, will be very pleased.

    regards!

  6. #66
    John.Persson's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Registered
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Sweden / Stockholm
    About prioriting physics over graphics, I cant see that physics guys need to work on graphics =)
    Yours faithfully, Vrooom vroom!

  7. #67
    MarcG's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Brighton, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by FONismo View Post
    Something like that below you mean? But on a more regular basis and covering all aspects of the sim and not only tracks?

    Would be great

    http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.ph...date-19Mar2012

    yeah pretty much, Scott does a good job of keeping us upto date about the tracks side of things, but theres so much more to the sim that someone else could quickly write about.
    Last edited by MarcG; 04-25-12 at 03:55 PM.

  8. #68
    D1Racer's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Quote Originally Posted by RafBR View Post
    I have SMS pCars since the begining and have to say I updated my build only a couple of times. Thats a silly arcade.

    I think one update per month as ISI said it would be is nice. But this monthly build is late and the worse is that I/we dont know what they are doing exactly. Even without the build, notes about what is being doing would be great!

    ISI, if you improve what is already there we, the sim racers, will be very pleased.

    regards!
    I don't recall ISI saying anything about there definitely being monthly updates.

  9. #69
    coops's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: NONE 

    Registered
    Feb 2011
    Location
    aussie
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    A monthly dev. post would be nice. Even if it were just a couple of sentences. It could be a locked thread and stickied to the top.
    +1

    I don't recall ISI saying anything about there definitely being monthly updates.

  10. #70
    MaXyM's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Prague / CR
    Excluding "definitely" word, they said.

  11. #71
    D1Racer's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    I'm pretty sure they said that they will not give a schedule in case they miss it and all hell breaks loose on the forums.

    I think someone said something along the lines of they would like to aim for monthly updates, and of course people took that as a promise for monthly updates.

  12. #72
    MaXyM's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Prague / CR
    Not promise but expectation. BUt at the end it doesn't matter. We have no enough feedback about what is going on despite we are beta-testers.

  13. #73
    D1Racer's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Expect nothing and you will never be disappointed.

    But seriously, there are no real grounds for your expectations. And also, would you rather they update you on every bit of progress or continue to work on the game. Tim keeps us as informed as he can, but I doubt he knows everything that is going on. And he has stated before that just because the other dev members don't post/reply much, doesn't mean that they don't read posts and take our input in.

    I think people have gotten too used to how much SMS keeps us informed in regards to pCARS. Be aware that scenario is different, as you are more part of the development team than just a beta tester.

    And also, I sound like a broken record here, but ISI is only a small dev team. Just be patient.

  14. #74
    MaXyM's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Prague / CR
    Quote Originally Posted by D1Racer View Post
    But seriously, there are no real grounds for your expectations.
    There is same case as waiting for rF2 it self. No one promised it will be released for 100%. But every one is expecting it for last 3 years

    Quote Originally Posted by D1Racer View Post
    And also, would you rather they update you on every bit of progress or continue to work on the game.
    Both. Especially because they are late, they provided beta instead of full ver, current state doesn't contain a lot of years ago announced features (ie driver swap) or dated ones (gfx engine). So expecting information about progress is imo something natural.

    Quote Originally Posted by D1Racer View Post
    And also, I sound like a broken record here, but ISI is only a small dev team. Just be patient.
    IMO, it is not a reason to leave customers/beta testers no informed. At least it is bad PR.
    BTW in pCARS you are not a developer. You are investor.

    BTW: Do you really think other dev teams has hundreds of developers?
    Last edited by MaXyM; 04-26-12 at 06:34 AM.

  15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #75
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

    Location
    USA (Central)
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    A monthly dev. post would be nice. Even if it were just a couple of sentences. It could be a locked thread and stickied to the top.
    That's a good idea.

    FYI, in answer to the posts asking about responses to bug reports, etc, the devs read and then act, they don't take the time (nor would you really want them to) to talk about it. It would simply slow down the development too much getting into discussion. But as I said above, a monthly (or more often, perhaps) text update post would be beneficial and would perhaps give you an indication of the workload that actually goes into a software update (because sometimes a feature took a lot longer than you might think).

    I'm sure things also seem a little more deserted when I'm not here posting. Right now (and since the start of the racing season really) I am busy with other duties and that's cut into my time here almost entirely, but I'll add that idea of a dev update to my schedule.

  16. #76
    MaXyM's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

    Registered
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Prague / CR
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    FYI, in answer to the posts asking about responses to bug reports, etc, the devs read and then act, they don't take the time (nor would you really want them to) to talk about it. It would simply slow down the development too much getting into discussion. But as I said above, a monthly (or more often, perhaps) text update post would be beneficial and would perhaps give you an indication of the workload that actually goes into a software update (because sometimes a feature took a lot longer than you might think).
    Thank you Tim. Such reports would be so satisfying.

  17.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #77
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

    Location
    USA (Central)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Both. Especially because they are late, they provided beta instead of full ver, current state doesn't contain a lot of years ago announced features (ie driver swap) or dated ones (gfx engine). So expecting information about progress is imo something natural.
    Late? Late how? rF2 still doesn't have an official release date, you do understand that, right? I mentioned that I hoped you would be racing rF2 by Christmas, 2011. You were racing it in the first half of January. I obviously was slight out with the estimation (which is what it was), but to carry this frame of mind into everything you do seems very unfair.

    Where were those features announced? I believe the only time driver swap has been mentioned is when we said we would work on it. Please send me a link if you can find it being said in any other way, but don't say we said things if we didn't, that's just not fair, is it? There are features (and content) we've mentioned that will not be in rF2 for over a year from now, probably some feature that someone wants might not even be added for two years. rF2 isn't a boxed product with a 'FINISHED' stamp on it, it never was, it never will be. You're kinda going to have to get used to that.

    The graphics engine is still being worked on, and has been for years. I'm not getting your point there (why mentioned?)... But it isn't yet finished, so if we keep copying and pasting "We're working on the graphics engine today" every day (which someone is doing) that would make everything OK for you?

    But yes, I agree that wanting to know about progress is natural. The rest of your post doesn't seem to be. It seems that you took discussion from non-ISI people as facts, but that is OK too, it's happened before and it will again.

  18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #78
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

    Location
    USA (Central)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    Thank you Tim. Such reports would be so satisfying.
    Yeah, I agree with that a lot.

  19. #79
    1959nikos's Avatar

     rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

    Registered
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Athens,Greece
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Late? Late how? rF2 still doesn't have an official release date, you do understand that, right? I mentioned that I hoped you would be racing rF2 by Christmas, 2011. You were racing it in the first half of January. I obviously was slight out with the estimation (which is what it was), but to carry this frame of mind into everything you do seems very unfair.

    Where were those features announced? I believe the only time driver swap has been mentioned is when we said we would work on it. Please send me a link if you can find it being said in any other way, but don't say we said things if we didn't, that's just not fair, is it? There are features (and content) we've mentioned that will not be in rF2 for over a year from now, probably some feature that someone wants might not even be added for two years. rF2 isn't a boxed product with a 'FINISHED' stamp on it, it never was, it never will be. You're kinda going to have to get used to that.

    The graphics engine is still being worked on, and has been for years. I'm getting your point there... But it isn't yet finished, so if we keep copying and pasting "We're working on the graphics engine today" every day (which someone is doing) that would make everything OK for you?

    But yes, I agree that wanting to know about progress is natural. The rest of your post doesn't seem to be. It seems that you took discussion from non-ISI people as facts, but that is OK too, it's happened before and it will again.
    Well...repetition is good for education

  20. #80
    Spyder's Avatar

     PC Specification 

    Registered
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Warwickshire, UK
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    It's unlikely we'll do that. There will be build notes, whether they'll be released before or with the updates is not yet known.
    .... What a turn up for the books, that was Tims response when I last enquired about a Dev thread...

    Have to wonder if the sheer amount of grumpy posts on these forums has finally got a result! Let's face it, any potential customers thinking of joining the Beta would probably be having second thoughts reading through the negativity on these forums at the moment, a Dev update thread would be a fantastic way of "chilling" us impatient buggers!

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •