Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 910 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beta ATI drivers, 12.4 giving gains in gpu useage and framerate.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012

Beta ATI drivers, 12.4 giving gains in gpu useage and framerate.

Rfactor 2 seems alot better now with these drivers. I noticed higher gpu useage (92%) which was quite alot more than before, yay.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/...-catalyst-beta

Please tell me if you notice this too I have a Ati HD 7950 card.

tara for now

PC Specification 

With 3GB you must be kicking arse at 92%

PC Specification 

Registered
    May 2011
    are these the beta's that have been out since 15th march? or some new ones?

Registered
    Jan 2012
    these drivers improved the performance very good, like the stuttering and fps.
    Last edited by TiTaN; 04-14-12 at 06:43 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonV6 View Post
    are these the beta's that have been out since 15th march? or some new ones?
    AMD Catalyst 12.4 Beta 8.96 15 March
    Posted on March 22, 2012 at 3:10 AM in Drivers

Driver Packaging Version: 8.96-120315a-135399E
    2D Driver Version: 8.01.01.1243
    Direct3D Version:7.14.10.0903
    OpenGL Version: 6.14.10.11627
    Catalyst Control Center Version: 2012.0315.1621.27344
    Catalyst Version: 12.4

PC Specification 

Registered
    May 2011
    ok thanks, i already have these then (thought they might have a been a new fixed version), as the gpu clocks were broken on mine, the gpu didn't throttle back from 3d speed to 2d when not using 3d, so I took them off and stayed with the 8.95.5, ehich seem just as good on the HD6950
    but will look forward to the full release of the 12.4's from ATI soon

Newer Member
    Nov 2011
    Does this work for XP? If there is a separate version can someone point me in the right direction?

Registered
    Apr 2012
    I'll give them a go and will let you know...

Thanks!

EDIT: Installed them and everything seemed the same. (7970 3GB)
    Last edited by B1K3R; 04-15-12 at 12:41 PM.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    i don't see mega-improvement. 5850 1gb here

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Feb 2012
    I saw no in improvement at all it was worse for me I was getting 30fps and I tried this and it dropped to 12fps.

6870 2gbmem

Registered
    Jan 2012
    interesting....i didn't get a fps drop

Knowledgeable member
    Maybe little bit better fps, but more unstable and sometimes flickering picture.

I'm running 7970 3GB with triple - monitor system.

Btw, does anyone know optimal settings for 7970 with triple monitor system? For some reason, AI cars lags hugely (no constant movement, like slideshow). Track and my car flows nicely, but AI is lags all the time.

i7 950
    HD7970 3GB
    6GB DDR3-1066

Cheers!

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jka View Post
    Maybe little bit better fps, but more unstable and sometimes flickering picture.

I'm running 7970 3GB with triple - monitor system.

Btw, does anyone know optimal settings for 7970 with triple monitor system? For some reason, AI cars lags hugely (no constant movement, like slideshow). Track and my car flows nicely, but AI is lags all the time.

i7 950
    HD7970 3GB
    6GB DDR3-1066

Cheers!

After playing a couple of days with the beta, I have to correct my previous comment and agree with the above. Almost all games are kind off jittering. I had done a restore point and when I restored to my previous one all came fine.

Sorry, don't know about your issue JKA, have same card as you but still with one monitor for time being.

Cheers

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonV6 View Post
    ok thanks, i already have these then (thought they might have a been a new fixed version), as the gpu clocks were broken on mine, the gpu didn't throttle back from 3d speed to 2d when not using 3d, so I took them off and stayed with the 8.95.5, ehich seem just as good on the HD6950
    but will look forward to the full release of the 12.4's from ATI soon

Are the 8.95.5 drivers the 12.3? I am on the 12.2s now, and they perform ok for me with my 6950,. but if the 12.3 are much better, I may just try them...

PC Specification 

Registered
    May 2011
    Yes the 8.95.5 show up as 12.3 in ccc

Registered
    Jan 2012
    yeah after some big testing i've noticed some flickering too. going back to the old set!

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Apr 2012
    I have extremely bad performance with my system (Intel i5 2500k, Radeon 6950 crossfire, 8GB RAM) tested 12.3 today and absolutely no difference. When driving at Spa I have 60-70 fps when I have no other car in front of me. But if there is maybe 2 cars in front of me my fps is 30-50. When driving out of the pit its about 20 fps but feels like 10.

Starting a race is impossible, because at the start grid its like 1 frame per second and I crasch immedialtely. It won't work any better if I turn Crossfire off either. I know it's just beta so i hope it get better, it have to. With my system and the graphics of this game, there should be no problem to drive with max settings. Now i have some high, some medium. AA level 3 and MXAA off...

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedlund_90 View Post
    I have extremely bad performance with my system (Intel i5 2500k, Radeon 6950 crossfire, 8GB RAM) tested 12.3 today and absolutely no difference. When driving at Spa I have 60-70 fps when I have no other car in front of me. But if there is maybe 2 cars in front of me my fps is 30-50. When driving out of the pit its about 20 fps but feels like 10.

Starting a race is impossible, because at the start grid its like 1 frame per second and I crasch immedialtely. It won't work any better if I turn Crossfire off either. I know it's just beta so i hope it get better, it have to. With my system and the graphics of this game, there should be no problem to drive with max settings. Now i have some high, some medium. AA level 3 and MXAA off...

Yeah, I have the same issues. The biggest FPS killer are the shadows. Put shadows to low or medium and you should see a huge difference.

Cheers

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by B1K3R View Post
    Yeah, I have the same issues. The biggest FPS killer are the shadows. Put shadows to low or medium and you should see a huge difference.

Cheers
    I already set shadows to medium, but I'll try with low then

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification YouTube Channel 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Hedlund_90 View Post
    I already set shadows to medium, but I'll try with low then
    What's up man, try turning aa to off and turning fxaa on and see if that takes care of aliasing enough for you, if not try level 1 with fxaa on or level 2 with fxaa on, I'm assuming level 3 is 8x for your cards which can be a bit stressfull at times. Also, turn off all ingame aa including fxaa, turn off all control panel aa (those should have already been off anyways), and just turn on mlaa (morphological). In simple terms mlaa is amd/ati's version of fxaa but in most cases fxaa runs quite a bit quicker, and sometimes fxaa blurs textures more and sometimes mlaa does, depends on the game, so give mlaa a shot, let me know

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast