NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 721 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you noticed where the REAL racing is???

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    i have to say i find this the best server in rfactor. I raced today and it just keeps getting better. When I first purchased the beta i tried the 60s f1 cars and got waaayyy discouraged and never tried them again only when i saw F3s @ spa=fun i said F3 lets try those now they are my favorite to drive atm....no one cares i know lol im just so happy right now

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
    You mean you can't join.

That server has no aids.
    I find it weird they have damage 100% but allow any driver view.

I make a room for rookies called F3 -ROOKIES

I like to race within practice. Rookie learns heaps if you go slow here 'n there, give them a tow, etc. etc.

You can have any driving view, auto shift, clutch, auto pit-lane, no damage and spin recovery if you need them.

I will often hang with drivers slower then me in race to give them bit of immersion and company.

I cant get too Serious with it, other day I was being laughed at.
    Today I have done 4:22 which will do me fine for race considering
    1/2 the fast guys in the race crash out anyways. lol

just want to have fun and not take it too seriously.

BTW I have a room up right now.
    Mean what files to play on F3s @ spa=fun

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    On page 2 of this thread, you'll find a link to one of the vmods (60's) and it will also tell you what tracks are needed. there is also another 60's vmod. I've been on the server twice now and the vmod was different each time.

The one on page two didn't have the Mid-Ohio track so it booted me. I tried the other vmod (don't remember the name) and it did have Mid-Ohio, so I spent a couple of hours on the server.

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jimcarrel View Post
    On page 2 of this thread, you'll find a link to one of the vmods (60's) and it will also tell you what tracks are needed. there is also another 60's vmod. I've been on the server twice now and the vmod was different each time.

The one on page two didn't have the Mid-Ohio track so it booted me. I tried the other vmod (don't remember the name) and it did have Mid-Ohio, so I spent a couple of hours on the server.
    Thanks

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Yes I've enjoyed several races with the F3's Spa, it so rewarding when ya get it right. Thx Bryan for running a server, hope I can get the password.
    Are you going to run a Teamspeak room as well it does make it a better experience to talk to other drivers while online.

SS ~XR~
    Last edited by SmellySkidmark; 04-16-12 at 02:47 AM.

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Magzire View Post
    Mean what files to play on F3s @ spa=fun
    Ah sorry mate ....doh
    I am sticking with F3 and Spa for now.

Yesterday 4:22 Today 4:19 and the funniest late braking attempt at La Source you ever seen, comical.

My throttle foot starts shaking on a good lap. lol

Had a full room today was fun, but either I had a knock on the door, wheel needed resetting,
    I would start talking to someone in my room and crash or the cat jumps on the headrest and lays on you.

4am in the morning is better for me.

Newer Member
    Apr 2012
    Ive Been driving round with DurgeDriven on his server today and had a blast, first time using the F3 started off 4:21 ended up 4:18.4 no draft but had many clean draft runs.......

**WARNING** Watch durge when he gets a good start its comical you can see his car moving in the mirrors with excitment then usually ends in hedge lol

Registered
    Nov 2011
    It was good, clean racing. I thoroughly enjoyed my race there. Unfortunately, RF2 stopped responding just as I passed the checkered flag in third. It did not save the replay which I wanted to edit and post. Bunner.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by hushypushy View Post
    Speaking strictly about F3's @ Spa, setup makes very little difference IMHO, because the track is almost completely flat-out.

I'm using the EVE F3 and my setup is almost stock: I lowered the amount of fuel, and I set front toe-in to 0.00 (the default is -0.10 which produces understeer). I'm also using completely stock gearing for now, which leaves a little bit of top-end available for drafting.

The trick to Spa is carrying as much speed as possible through the turns, which you do with a smooth line. Straighten out the line through Malmedy and get on the power early to carry speed down the Masta Straight; the Masta Kink is flat out. Actually, Stavelot is flat-out as well---the trick is to turn in briskly at the correct point. La Carriere, the right hander across the front porch, is flat-out, as well as Blanchimont, the last left-hand kink.

The other trick is the braking zones, of which there are only four on the entire course: for Eau Rouge, brake after the yellow pit lane line and turn in as close to the wall on the left; try to cut across as close to the guardrail and marshall's stand on the right. The next zone is Les Combes; brake hard after the 100m and apex just after the marshall's stand on the left. Slight lifts will get you through Burnenville, Malmedy, and Holowell--don't brake through these turns. The third time you hit the brakes is for the double left hander at the end after La Carriere, of which the name I'm not sure (in my head they're called Four and Three, in reference to the F1 gears); the first left is flat out, then hard on the brakes after the 100 marker for the second left. The last time you have to hit the brakes is for La Source; start braking around 120m, but work on trying to get it around 100m (threshold braking can be tricky here). Make a wide turn in and a very late apex to carry as much speed down the front straight as possible.

My best solo time is something like 4:18.2, but 4:25 is actually very respectable; at this point you are ready to go online and try to tackle other drivers and learn about race craft. I bet you'll be able to shave off 2-3 seconds with nothing but a bit more track familiarity.
    Thanks for advice, I'll try some more practice and then I guess it's time to venture online. It sounds like people are having a lot of fun online with the F3s.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for the server last night had blast , never driven Spa with the F3s before lots of fun .

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabjock View Post
    It was good, clean racing. I thoroughly enjoyed my race there. Unfortunately, RF2 stopped responding just as I passed the checkered flag in third. It did not save the replay which I wanted to edit and post. Bunner.
    I emailed ya it mate.

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DurgeDriven View Post
    I emailed ya it mate.
    @Durge... Thanks for the reply and the replay file. Unfortunately our race was not on that one (Belgium R 1.50.rar). It may be on the 1.49 or 1.51 file. This one must have been from another race.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I can't get on the server now?? what changed? i was fine all day yesterday.. i need my fix im itchin real bad. I noticed the server is racing @ palm beach and for some reason that track isn't included in my version of the mod (f1 elites) I DL the other one but it states i can't installed because im missing everything.. im giving up....

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by SkeleTele View Post
    I can't get on the server now?? what changed? i was fine all day yesterday.. i need my fix im itchin real bad. I noticed the server is racing @ palm beach and for some reason that track isn't included in my version of the mod (f1 elites) I DL the other one but it states i can't installed because im missing everything.. im giving up....
    I had to go offline and choose PB from the track list... then the server loaded the track

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    skeletele we got in Monday night but i had to choose PB and the first mod bryan told us, offline as jomaho said.Know its confusing,hope bryan clears all.
    cheers nikos

Registered
    Jan 2012
    yes I tried to load pb within the mod in SP but for some reason it wasn't an option I will try again tomorrow thanks for the replies

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Saabjock View Post
    @Durge... Thanks for the reply and the replay file. Unfortunately our race was not on that one (Belgium R 1.50.rar). It may be on the 1.49 or 1.51 file. This one must have been from another race.

Sorry man.

I will check replays mate and get right one.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Has anyone entertained the thought of dedicated forum for "F3s @ spa=fun"?

I've had experience working with phpBB3 and could help.

Just thought it might be interesting.

Registered
    Jan 2012

That does sound interesting... Except it's "F3s @ ??? = Fun!". But, I do think it's a great idea.

I'd like to eventually use this server for mostly league use... with times during the day/night that the server would be open to the public.

Right now, during the day (Arizona Time) there are a handful of guys from the UK and Australia, that are looking to get a league with clean racers and I may be looking to get some folks that are on a little later to start a league or at least know that there's a place to go for some good clean racing fun! Mid-Ohio, Belgium, Snetterton, Putnam park, are but a few of the tracks that people are finding to be an absolute blast to run these little cars on.

Cya on the track!
    Last edited by Bryan Birtwell; 04-18-12 at 01:14 PM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Feb 2012

Jim, to answer your question, yes there is and it was posted elsewhere in these pages. I know because I am the one that is working on the league series starting soon. You must register for access to the RF2 sections.
    http://racing.lefora.com/
    Dave
    Racer name; Ferrari Dave

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast