Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 228 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: FOV Calculator

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post
    Like Zeo said, you only need to adjust FOV if you move the seat you're sitting on in real life. If you move the in-game seat it doesn't affect the FOV one iota.
    However there is only one correct "in game" seat position in order for it to all match up correctly. I remember reading a lil while ago (sorry for not being able to give credit to the poster) about modeling in some sort of a way to position one self in the game accordingly. Using the steering wheel overlap method is good but i do wish there was a more accurate way.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Slamfunk3 View Post
    However there is only one correct "in game" seat position in order for it to all match up correctly. I remember reading a lil while ago (sorry for not being able to give credit to the poster) about modeling in some sort of a way to position one self in the game accordingly. Using the steering wheel overlap method is good but i do wish there was a more accurate way.
    Yeah, the steering wheel overlap method only works if both wheels are the same diameter. The seat (or more accurately, camera) position 'should' be where your eyes would be in the actual cockpit. I'm not aware of any way for users to determine this with any accuracy--afaik, only the modders can get the actual coordinates for the camera. This is really such a simple thing to do, and it should be the same for every single person--it is not dependent on your personal setup.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeosPantera View Post
    I don't know. I have studied many sim cockpits. And they almost always involve at least a foot (30.48CM) of "extra" space.

Then again sometimes there is no helping.

Wow now that is one incredibly poor setup... poor setup yet not for poor people huh?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by osella View Post
    Wow now that is one incredibly poor setup... poor setup yet not for poor people huh?
    As Top Gear has stated. Ones driving ability does not increase with the size of their wallet. Same can be said for Knowledge of sim racing setups, audio equipment and Love making.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    As Top Gear has stated. Ones driving ability does not increase with the size of their wallet. Same can be said for Knowledge of sim racing setups, audio equipment and Love making.
    True, but having a fat wallet has the tendency of enabling you to practice more.

Registered
    Dec 2010
    lol

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @@keirgarth 

Registered
    Jun 2012
    True, but having a fat wallet has the tendency of enabling you to practice more.
    I guess you just haven't met the right women then jubuttib
    I don't know what I don't know, but I know EVERYTHING else!
    PC System Designer|Student of Graphic Design

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Gearjammer View Post
    The "right women" only get you married and sad LOL

I think jubuttib has the right thinking!
    Ferraris weep a little when you downshift

Registered
    Dec 2011
    I was primarily speaking in general terms, not specific cases. Much easier to pull in a nice suit and with six, seven figure income than being homeless and destitute for example. =)

buddhatree: Getting married often ends up being the quickest way to make sure you won't get any practice at all. =)

Registered
    Dec 2011
    buddhatree: Getting married often ends up being the quickest way to make sure you won't get any practice at all. =)
    Wonderful!

I'm getting married in a few months actually.....
    Ferraris weep a little when you downshift

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhatree View Post
    Wonderful!

I'm getting married in a few months actually.....
    My condolences.

So yeah, maybe this particular bit of OT has run its course, moving on! =)

Registered
    Jan 2012
    We will move on... after this short message...

Congratulations buddhatree! it does work (41 yrs and counting).

Newer Member
    Jun 2012
    It's not too late however you can still negociate, as long as you didn't get married yet!
    Just explain clearly what can't be negociated (for me computer/devices that go with it) and it works! i got a very good waf with that.
    Could invest money in track ir + 3 screens etc... etc..

Back to the topic ; i set my fov to 27 on my 6048*1080 setup and it looks great!

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by El Reprobatar View Post
    Back to the topic ; i set my fov to 27 on my 6048*1080 setup and it looks great!
    Resolution doesn't really have anything to do with it though. Monitor size and eye distance from the center of the middle monitor please.

Registered
    Jun 2012
    It would be better to get distance to the top and bottom of the screen of the center monitor as well as the vertical height of the center monitor.

Registered
    Dec 2011
    It would be better to get distance to the top and bottom of the screen of the center monitor as well as the vertical height of the center monitor.
    Unless the monitor is significantly higher or lower than eye level distance to center will suffice. And since they're 1920x1080 monitors (with 96 px of bezel corrections apparently), it's easy to calculate the height of the monitor. The less measurements the less room for wrong measurements. =)

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I have done the math and you get around a 1 difference when you measure from the bottom most edge vs the middle of the screen. You are going to move your head forward and backward more then that will matter.

Registered
    Jun 2012
    That is good to know Zeos Thanks for that.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I have done the math and you get around a 1 difference when you measure from the bottom most edge vs the middle of the screen. You are going to move your head forward and backward more then that will matter.
    Surely then that measurement from your eyes becomes the hypotenuse rather than the measurement to the center being the adjacent, so the maths would not alter... the opposite side (from center of screen to bottom (or top) would be constant.... just my 2 penneth.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by MrPix View Post
    Surely then that measurement from your eyes becomes the hypotenuse rather than the measurement to the center being the adjacent, so the maths would not alter... the opposite side (from center of screen to bottom (or top) would be constant.... just my 2 penneth.
    Well in truth you would need to solve for two triangles. One formed above the eye position and the other inverted below it. Divide up the vertical segments of monitor height and alter the hypotenuse's based on that.