Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 851 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: Advice on a Pc for rfactor 2 please

Newer Member
    Mar 2012

Advice on a Pc for rfactor 2 please

Hi

Would this PC be able to run rfactor 2 - specs:

Manufacturer: HP

Model: HP workstation XW4600

Processor: Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00GHz

Ram: 8 GB DDR2

Hard drive: 160GB

Optical: DVD Drive

Graphics Card: nVidia Quadro Fx1500 Dual Display

Programs: Windows 7 Professional

475w power supply

I was thinking a new graphic card like GTX 560 Ti to use if i can, with that in mind - would i be able to run rf2 on meduim/full settings with a steady frame rate of at least 30 frames ?

thanks

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    I think 1680 resolution medium quality + some full would be the sweet spot.

Depends on resolution, AA, grids
    If you willing to sacrifice a bit from each I do not think you will have much trouble

I ran a single GTX460 superoverclock with 4.5GHz Sandy, used high settings less bloom, etc. and got 40+ minimum with Spa "oldies"

If you got a fast GTX560Ti like OC model you would make up a bit on me and lose a bit with Duo
    actually if you check tests like say 1680 medium res no AA they are not that much slower then a stock 2500K in games but get well beat in almost everything else worth note.

I be worried about the Power Supply you want a solid 12volt rail with proper 6pin connector.

Not saying you cant get away with that PSU but you want to check the sticker and/or specs on website before you commit.
    Antec 900 v3 : Seasonic M12 700 : Hydro H60 SE : 2500K@4.5GHz : MSI Z77A GD65 : G.Skill 8GB F3 1600C8 : Gigabyte GTX670 OC : X-Fi Titanium : 60GB Force3 : 1TB Black : W7HP64

Newer Member
    Mar 2012
    Hi DurgeDriven
    thank you for advice, im not 100% sure of what power supply it is as i dont own that system, but have seen one for sale for just under £200, here are the auctul full details of it:

Source of Information : The HP Website

Processor

Processor family
    Intel Core 2 Duo
    L2 Cache 12 MB
    Processor front side bus 1333 MHz
    Processor Model Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.00GHz
    Chipset Intel® X38 Express
    Number of processors installed 1 pcs
    Processor Clock Speed 3.00 GHz

Disk drive
    Hard disk controller
    Integrated 6 channel SATA 3 Gb/s NCQ controller with RAID capability, optional 4 channel SAS controller with RAID capability
    Hard disk rotational speed 7200 - 15000 RPM

Video

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500
    Audio
    Audio System
    Integrated High Definition audio with Jack Retasking capability, optional PCI Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music
    Memory

Memory Clock Speed

800 MHz
    Memory layout 4x 2048 MB

ECC Y
    Maximum internal memory 8 GB
    Memory slots 4 DIMM
    Memory upgrade 8 GB
    Internal memory type DDR2
    Internal memory 8GB

Connectivity
    I/O ports
    Front: headphone, microphone, 2 USB 2.0 and 1 optional IEEE 1394A; Rear: 7 USB 2.0, 1 external SATA, 1 standard serial port, 1 parallel port, 2 PS/2 keyboard and mouse, 1 RJ-45 to integrated Gigabit LAN, audio In, audio Out, microphone; 2 USB 2.0 (internal)
    Networking
    Networking features
    Integrated Broadcom 5755 Netxtreme Gigabit PCIe LAN, optional Broadcom 5751 Netxtreme Gigabit PCIe
    Optical Drive
    Optical drive type
    DVD-ROM
    Keyboard
    Keyboard type
    HP Standard (USB, PS/2)

Connectivity
    VGA (D-Sub) ports quantity
    Microphone, line-in jack Y
    Speaker/ headphone/ line-out jack 1

Ethernet LAN (RJ-45) ports quantity 1
    USB 2.0 ports quantity 9
    PS/2 ports quantity 2
    Serial ports quantity 1
    Parallel ports quantity 1
    Weight & dimensions
    Weight
    19000 g
    Dimensions W x D x H 16.8 x 45.6 x 45.0 cm mm

Power supply 475 W

or maybe if this system was not that great, would something like this be better:

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHZ
    ATI HD 5570, 1GB, DVI, VGA and HDMI out
    3 GB DDR2 System Ram
    500 GB Hard Drive
    Dual Layer DVD R/W Drive
    On Board Network 10/100/1000
    On Board HD surround Sound Card
    Multi card reader
    6 USB ports (2 Front, 4 Rear)
    1 Firewire
    1 E-Sata port
    550W PSU
    Windows Vista Home premium

this pc costs £240.00, what one would you recommend ? (i only have been looking @ these pc's as they seem like a good price, plus i only have £250.00, also are Xeon dual core pc any good for racing sims ?

thanks again.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Race on View Post
    Hi DurgeDriven
    thank you for advice, im not 100% sure of what power supply it is as i dont own that system, but have seen one for sale for just under £200, here are the auctul full details of it:
    this pc costs £240.00, what one would you recommend ? (i only have been looking @ these pc's as they seem like a good price, plus i only have £250.00, also are Xeon dual core pc any good for racing sims ?

thanks again.
    Well I very much doubt the Power Supply will be sufficient for a GTX560Ti

As is the 3D power would not pull the skin off a rice pudding so you will not be able to run any sim
    let alone rFactor2 till you get the new video card and most likely power supply.

I am reticent to give you any advice past save some more money and find someone with
    good knowledge and no motives to build you one.

Like I said if ...IF... the power supply and case support the GTX560Ti
    it would most likely be okay ie: till you upgrade to new tower that is ?

Like if the GTX560Ti is the only upgrade you think you doing I do not think it is worth it.

Simply because you will loss a big part of the perfomance from it using a slower Processor
    thus drastically lowering the bang for buck factor.

P.S. I not sure ....if you have the money for the GTX560Ti plus that tower I would buy something like this ( £220.00 ) and a GTX560Ti and put it all in the cupboard and look at the boxes, I have done this.

Then do whatever you have to buy the Processor and Motherboard, you tend to waste less money on other "stuff" and save a bit more.
    That way you can also change your mind on AMD or Intel as the memory will work on either.

Patience Grasshopper

Untitled 1.jpg
    Last edited by DurgeDriven; 03-26-12 at 08:17 PM.
    Antec 900 v3 : Seasonic M12 700 : Hydro H60 SE : 2500K@4.5GHz : MSI Z77A GD65 : G.Skill 8GB F3 1600C8 : Gigabyte GTX670 OC : X-Fi Titanium : 60GB Force3 : 1TB Black : W7HP64