Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 914 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Unnatural Reflections in build 69

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Nov 2010

Unnatural Reflections in build 69

Build 69 brought big change to reflections. In previous build, 49-60, the reflections were always natural looking, and look good on car body. Now they look stretched, sometimes squeezed and inverted, very unnatural. Hopefully this will be fixed in the next build.

Here's the video I made on b69 reflections

Nissan 370z has the strangest implementation. Part of body side reflections that shows clearly on the rear body, are not clearly visible on the body side itself.

The 1960s Formula 3 has quite odd reflections on lower half car body. This didn't happen in build 49-60.
    Last edited by taufikp; 03-21-12 at 10:26 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Yeah, it's making my WIP look dreadful.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by taufikp View Post
    Nissan 370z has the strangest implementation. Part of body side reflections that shows clearly on the rear body, are not clearly visible on the body side itself.
    I know what you mean. The shaders for this car are kind of strange.
    GRAB_031.JPG

If you use the old shader files it looks like this.
    GRAB_030.JPG

Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Also been getting strange reflection angles. I can see the road surface reflecting in the roof of the car. Not sure if its related to the update or a separate issue on my end. Happens on all tracks ive tested.(2)

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Tuttle's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @ISITrackTeam 

Hey Tosch, I've not followed too much this reflection issue but now I've some annoying limitations testing my track and car reflections...so, where do I get this old shader pack? Do I need to extract something from previous build?

Ty.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    The shader files are located in the rFactor2 data directory (rFactor2Data\UserData\Log\Shaders). I reinstalled rFactor2 and installed the B60 update. Now u have to start the game, adjust your gfx-settings and hit the race button. The shaders will be created. Exit the game and make a backup of the shader folder. Now you can update to Build 69. When u change some gfx-settings in Build 69 the shaders will be recompiled and show some strange results (see also this Thread). You can copy and paste your shaders from the backup to the Shaders folder and voila, the nice reflections are back.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Tuttle's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @ISITrackTeam 

Thank you mate!! This really help me.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I was hoping, but, hours later, no result, my reflections are still broke in build 69, it was nice to see them again (briefly during this uninstall/reinstall fiasco) after what seems like aaaaaages since build 69.

Registered
    Dec 2010
    everytime you change your graphics your shaders will be recreated. This shouldn't happen when you don't alter your graphic settings.