Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 973 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impression on rFactor 2 Build 69

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: NONE 

Registered
    Feb 2011
    check my pc specs min 80 frames online in Nissan with 18 players on track at any track we went to last night and raced on we did not race on Monaco.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbblack View Post
    got this working but there is serious lag ,, stuttering going on is this bcos of beta or what? its unusable tbh and i paid 4£ for it
    Ask developer to update the plugin, because since rFactor 2 build 69, the plugin interface has changed. And ask them so they will provide the update for free for previous customers.

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    One of the things I learned in business was that for some audiences one had to "earn the right" to speak on a topic. Depended on the audience, but if one wanted to speak to an audience about investment (for instance) then one had to be able to point to a successful history of achievement if you wanted to earn the proper attention of the audience.

Similarly when addressing the relative handling behaviour of these builds it would be useful to know whether the poster had any training or experience in driving a real car at racing speeds.
    Last edited by Bristow; 03-17-12 at 10:44 PM. Reason: punctuation

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristow View Post
    One of the things I learned in business was that for some audiences one had to "earn the right" to speak on a topic. Depended on the audience, but if one wanted to speak to an audience about investment (for instance) then one had to be able to point to a successful history of achievement if you wanted to earn the proper attention of the audience.

Similarly when addressing the relative handling behaviour of these builds it would be useful to know whether the poster had any training or experience in driving a real car at racing speeds.
    So what are you trying to say? That ISI should pay racedrivers or tv celebs to praise the game like the other companys do?

Registered
    Mar 2011
    Headlights and reflections are so bad with endurance mod and in that Palm circuit. Especially at night time and with wet track. I put my headlights on and car in front of me is just white. And wet track is reflecting too much that you can't see where you're going. Also brake lights reflect too much from dry track in every car and every track, looks unreal.

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristow View Post

Yes but the business world is full of complete w**kers. This at the end of the day is a computer game, most of the problems will be able to be discussed by anyone who has a good knowledge of sim racers and computers. Bad handling issues can be seen by anyone with an interest in cars, correct grip limits and things like that would be better questioned by a racing driver but this is just a game....ok?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Feb 2012
    The only concern for me about rF2 beta is the stuttering when i use CrossfireX, and im sorry to say its still there in this new build. :-(

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyk1985 View Post
    Yes but the business world is full of complete w**kers. This at the end of the day is a computer game, most of the problems will be able to be discussed by anyone who has a good knowledge of sim racers and computers. Bad handling issues can be seen by anyone with an interest in cars, correct grip limits and things like that would be better questioned by a racing driver but this is just a game....ok?
    I disagree.

This is a simulator; it simulates car physics. We all want it to be realistic. How will we know if it's realistic? Unless we're racing drivers (I'm not), we won't.

Unless you have a very strong physics background, what you believe should/will happen can be very very wide of the mark. Even more so when dealing with aircraft and I experience this a lot in my work.

Simplest example, the Bernoulli principle - it seems to defy physics and logic to those without a physics background or understanding of the principle:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw7Xn7VmSQ0

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile YouTube Channel Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I don't know if it's the SLIMAX Manager plugin (which was updated for the new build) so I have gotten rid of it- but this build is very crash prone. I've been online for 30+ mins 3 times today and the game's locked up on me. Once it locked up my PC and I had to kill the power to reboot.

Each time I had been online on a server for a while.
    www.virtualsportscarracing.com For the best quality Sportscar racing on the net. We race several different sims, check us out today.

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    Thank you PLAYLIFE.

Newer Member
    Feb 2012
    I'm using crossfire (2x5870) with an i7 920 @3.6 on an eyefinity setup (3x 1920x1080) and I'm having no problems, really good frame rates. I know some people are having problems with particular setups but I think this game is just fantastic. I've played most of the racing sims for the last 20+ years and this is definitely the pick of the bunch.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12