Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 942 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The second update - Build 69

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #141
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by Old Hat View Post
    The hidden "Application Data" folder (this is XP) is still there - contains .rFactor within which is rFactor.credentials, rFactor.name, rFactor.okay. And online they aren't greyed out and the launcher knows me. If you can't think of anything I suppose I'll have to delete the .rFactor folder and might as well reinstall the whole thing in case it's that instead....
    Your first post said they were blanked out... So I no longer know which is correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raikku View Post
    I updated but no GT-mod?
    I think maybe three times so far in this thread it's been mentioned where to get the GT Mod. You get it the same place you got the other cars and tracks, from the downloads thread, in an rfmod file.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibo View Post
    With update 60 I was more or less happy.

With 69 I don`t even want to drive any car. I thought something gone wrong with files and did clean reinstall. Didn`t help.
    Megane physics changed dramatically (and nothing documented about this in changelog). I really enjoyed it before, now it locks up on every serious braking, spins on exit of every corner, and weight transfer feels like some fat stockcar...
    Both Nissans behave and look awful. Again no low speed grip, like driving on ice.
    Formulas are OK-ish, but feel worse than in build 60.

HDR was really good before, now its overbright, I can not look on a screen with HDR ON, I need to shut my eyes.
    Overall, I prefer rF1 graphics with k_szczech`s shaders to rF2 graphics.

I`m really disappointed.
    No their physics didn't change, you either have a placebo effect, are running on a track with different grip levels, have a different setup or fuel load, or are otherwise mistaken due to a controller issue, or something else. If it's locking up the brake, have you checked your calibration? Checked your min and maxs for the brake? It sounds like your calibration on the throttle is messed up, too. If it feels like driving on ice, perhaps warm tires and rubber laid down are what you are missing.

Graphics are not final.

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Tim, I`m sorry if it sounds like misinformation. But I did everything I could think of to check things you suggesting. I did clean install of rF2 build 69, checked and reassigned my controls. Also, I`m running rF1 as always with no change. If it was my controller I would feel it immediately in rF1.
    May be default non rubbered surface grip was lowered for all tracks? Or may be physics simulation falls out of real time on my hardware (but it should not, FPS is 70-90). I don`t know... I hope with new updates it will get better.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Feb 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Your first post said they were blanked out... So I no longer know which is correct.
    No, I said they're blanked out *when offline*.

FWIW, If I'm online and start the launcher (the tabs will be active/illuminated) and then disconnect from the net, and click on the still illuminated "single player", it suggests my license file might be missing.

And btw, from the beginning it's always told me there's a problem with my tablet driver when I launch rF2. The tablet isn't connected either. There is wacom folder in the Application Data hidden folder. .rFactor is the only game folder in there. It's not .rFactor*2*, but presumably it's the right one as it was created when I reinstalled and re-authenticated on 21/3/12.

I've done nothing other than install build 69 originally with the launcher updater and GT mode to cause this problem.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race Modding Group: F1RUK 

I have only 1 prob for the tyres get far to hot an befor update they to cold thats it the rest of the sim is great all working perfect for me i am converting lots of formula cars in devmode and put all into main game ok.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    I guess the next update will come this week. I have curiosity to see the changelog

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    First Update on 15.2, second on 14.3, third on 13.4?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Tim
    It seems alot of these folks are installing the sim in places they WANT them installed.Myself being a beta I dont mess with where the sim goes.Use the default install and dont have any issues whatsoever.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RCRacing View Post
    Tim
    It seems alot of these folks are installing the sim in places they WANT them installed.Myself being a beta I dont mess with where the sim goes.Use the default install and dont have any issues whatsoever.
    hi, why is that a problem? and what issues are you talking about? :S

Registered
    Mar 2012
    I had some sort of issues with installing RFMOD files, but that fixed when i re-installed the game, and designated a bit different paths like:
    - *.*\rFactor 2\DATA for other than core files
    - *.*\rFactor 2\CORE for core files only.

That fixed up the things. And they are located at drive D:\

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I have rFactor 2 installed on my D partition, working fine.

Registered
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by RCRacing View Post
    Tim
    I have installed elsewhere, no issues to date... AND isn't testing thigs out kinda what beta phase is all about?

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile 

Quote Originally Posted by MKD View Post
    I have installed elsewhere, no issues to date... AND isn't testing thigs out kinda what beta phase is all about?
    um...lol...yeah..but within reason. Choosing random directories or renaming files/directories doesn't count as "helping" I dont think

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678