Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1016 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Where are you up to

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Modding Group 

Knowledgeable member
    Good for modders to get used to the the new stuff? Which is why it was released? Im fairly sure I understand.

PC Specification 

Quote Originally Posted by freew67 View Post
    Im surprised it took till Tuesday to get another thread like this. Max its not the thread as much as this is prob the 1000th post exactly like this. Everyone keeps moaning about the same thing, so whats the point? Most of the time folks are just stirring the pot and TBH its getting old. You dont like rf2, move on. Its that simple.
    +1

Knowledgeable member
    This isnt the likes of EA, DICE, or anyone along those lines. This is a small group of fellers who are locked in small rooms plugging away to make rf2 better. RF1 improved with each patch and I expect the same with RF2. Major fixes that everyone are asking for will not happen overnight, it takes time. Issue is, no one is giving them the time to do it. Instead its more, "OMG, **insert whatever you wanted and its missing so far comment here**, this is crap!" Patience is something most people dont have anymore.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    aha... so you're saying that the main game is finished including all features.(if it was only for modders?)
    In case it's still beta, you might be so gentle to allow people to express themselves on features that might potenially add value in the future. I was only posting my opinion, if ISI does not agree they shall not take it up. For the rest it's like discussing what is the most beautiful colour is... So you're as well fully OK with how the mods and the online racing is implemented. No further improvements needed in your eyes? Again, I'm NOT requesting this, I proposed an idea... nothing more and I did not ask a reply from ISI within 1hour.

Before, I forget: If you don't like this threat, move on. It's that simple...
    what a mature discussion....

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @feels3 rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Sep 2011
    @Cracheur

This is something you should read, especially first post in both threads...

Please remember...

Modders test version

Knowledgeable member
    Nope never said it was finished. ISI has said that this is just a start to the mod system and will make improvements down the road. I understand that and dont see the point of complaining about the current system. They know folks dont like it and said it will be imporved. So yes, it is that simple. You can see in the lobby they are working new versions and mods.

Its not what you said, its that its been said 100's of times.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by freew67 View Post
    Its not what you said, its that its been said 100's of times.
    ok, sorry my post is actually redundant with others...
    at least we agree on the concern...

And then it happens again ... any productive discussion isnīt made because people are answering questions that are not directed to them and has no knowledge to answer them. Isi staff can only observe the fanboys army doing their job of tiring and annoying anybody who has any valid argument before Isi answer anything related.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile YouTube Channel Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    There's lots of reasons no one's online with the game. Most sim racers either race offline or race in a club/league. Clubs and leagues are in the middle of or just starting a pre-planned season of racing. It takes a while to plan this sort of thing. I've been trying to get a regular monday night thing going since the beta first came out and I've had no luck.

Plus the user base is very small still. It will take a while for there to be enough players out there to even make a league. And that won't happen until this thing loses that "beta" tag. We are guinea pigs and happy to be- not everyone feels that way. rFactor1 is still strong and until rFactor2 is stronger, it won't attract full online grids no matter how much better it is (and yes, rFactor2 is ALREADY much better).

Not everyone likes Meganes or FR or Classic F1 cars. Myself included. I'd put up with them to get something started with rf2, but none of these cars would be my first choice. Or second, or 10th. Once mods start rolling, drivers will matriculate. Hell, there's still tons of drivers still playing GTR2, GTL and even GPL! Sim racers are loyal to their sim of choice. And if the other sims have the mods you want- why would you join a beta with no online races?

What'll happen- whether it's before the final version is released or after- a killer mod, the definitive mod for rFactor2 will come out. Then the floodgates will open. Just sit back, enjoy the beta and stop worrying. You already paid, so just chill out and wait for the PERFECT version not the quick one.
    www.virtualsportscarracing.com For the best quality Sportscar racing on the net. We race several different sims, check us out today.

PC Specification 

Many leagues are choosing not to run rF2 until gold is released. There is only five tracks!! lol. The modded tracks that have been released aren't for everyone. Tire model isn't finished, weather all sorts of things aren't plugged into rF2 yet are all reasons why leagues aren't running.

People are either pushing the panic button way too soon or are just trolling for some flame threads. Cooler heads will prevail.

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    you are talking offtopic.
    Bristow said that he (and the phyisic modders) needs documentation of how they work PRECISELY.
    Doing reverse reinigeneering is about "findin out how this thing works" and ISI's job is to at least give documentation of that.
    I didnt know about that, but if it was that way with rf1, just finding out what thing does what, consumes lots of times. Just after doing that, you start modifying.
    It would be great if ISI makes modders job less time consuming.
    Maybe they are already doing it, and they will be available when rf2 is out, but surely modders don't know.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile YouTube Channel Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Actually, right now you can do Meganes at Sears Point, Portugal, Mills Outer, Mills Inner, Malaysia North Loop, Full Loop, Monte Carlo and Belgium. That's 8 tracks (granted with some just being different layouts). That'd last 2 months of 1 race/week and in 2 months I suspect other tracks will be available and I also expect soon someone to come out with Snetterton and Putnam park online also. And Watkins Glen is being worked on too as we see in the alpha.

You could do a league right now, even though it'd not be a very competitive one.

I do agree- Cooler heads will prevail!
    www.virtualsportscarracing.com For the best quality Sportscar racing on the net. We race several different sims, check us out today.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Moulton View Post
    You could do a league right now, even though it'd not be a very competitive one.
    Looks like doing things partially, unfinished, just beta-like is trendy last days.
    Sorry pal, but making a league and making the league are different things.
    We really care about our drivers and prepare leagues very seriously.

Because of it organize league using current state of rF2 and its content is not acceptable for us. I hope it will be possible next season (2013). But I wouldn't surprised if not.

14.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #34
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by MaXyM View Post
    And what Tim should do with this thread? Close it? Just because next unsatisfied customers said something? C'mon!
    Actually I haven't seen anybody say anything really negative in this thread. I just saw you talk about what you say happens if/when someone does.

Perhaps try to see what happens rather than making it happen by making such assumptions, you're essentially prejudice towards other members by doing that. If there are people who dislike negative comments, there are people who dislike negative comments. Commenting first and saying that there might be people who dislike negative comments doesn't make any difference at all.

One group of people who've really taken the negative feedback well are probably ISI themselves, and honestly it really only be ISI that you care to take it well.

15.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #35

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by SLuisHamilton View Post
    And then it happens again ... any productive discussion isnīt made because people are answering questions that are not directed to them and has no knowledge to answer them. Isi staff can only observe the fanboys army doing their job of tiring and annoying anybody who has any valid argument before Isi answer anything related.
    We're quite capable of choosing which posts to read based on their level of content all by ourselves. You're reacting to those posts and are therefore also contributing posts which take away the amount of related posts for ISI to read. To me, this thread has very little relation to a topic which will be valid after future updates, it's a non-discussion really, and the OP was answered on the first post to try it himself. There's PLENTY of good and bad feedback on the physics, etc, if he reads those and can't make a decision, that's his issue, isn't it?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wheatley View Post
    Actually I haven't seen anybody say anything really negative in this thread..
    If there are people who dislike negative comments, there are people who dislike negative comments
    Have you really missed posts in which people are called trolls, or just pretending it?
    It is not about like or dislike negative comments. It is about insulting people who put negative comments. And about moderators who let it go.

So if you don't want to do something with it, let allow us to comment the situatio, please.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    There's PLENTY of good and bad feedback on the physics, etc, if he reads those and can't make a decision, that's his issue, isn't it?
    It is
    Anyway, he can wait for demo version. Unless it's just plain concern he's trying to put on forum. But I don't see the point in that. Try it first, then comment.

But one point in his post remais valid - documentation.
    Examples and tutorials are one thing, but lack of description for certain parameters was holding some modders back, forcing them to search for answers on various forums.

It's good we have official forum and Wiki now. Hopefully this will fill that gap.

But on the other hand - I see, for example, Luc giving people a lot of answers here on forum - that's really great of him, but perhaps these informations could be added to Wiki at the same time?
    We would end up with articles explaining some stuff only partially, I know - but as time goes by, these would become more complete.

So if you don't want to do something with it, let allow us to comment the situatio, please.
    Ok, so go ahead and start commenting about people commenting and let others comment on how you comment about people commenting...

Personally I'd rather ignore immature comments and keep this forum less loaded with unnecessary posts
    Like I said - everything people post only adds to their own reputation and no one else's. If they insult others, they simply earn bad rep. You may delete their posts, but that would actually protect them from other people seeing how they behave.

There's a tool for it - you can add to other people's reputation. Use it.
    Last edited by K Szczech; 03-06-12 at 05:32 PM.
    SRPL Shader Pack v0.92 is now available for modders: announcements / discussion
    "Be kind whenever possible. It's always possible." - Dalai Lama

18.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #38

Have you really missed posts in which people are called trolls, or just pretending it?
    It is not about like or dislike negative comments. It is about insulting people who put negative comments. And about moderators who let it go.

When *I* said negative comments, I was saying negative comments regarding the software, which is all I care about reading, and all you should want me to care about. If someone is offensive, report their post, otherwise, you need to be a grown up and ignore them as they probably are doing when you do it to them (and you are doing it to them, too).

If it is OFFENSIVE, report it, I don't expect ANYONE to moderate a troll, trolls don't matter to me, they aren't saying anything about the software worth reading, they're too busy saying something about themselves. If they matter this much to you, it's time to quit the internet.

Registered
    Oct 2010
    If someone is offensive, report their post
    Thanx for suggestion. I did it a few times without any result. I felt it doesn't work at all or those reports are ignored. So I don't want to do that anymore.

20.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #40

Well then that's your decision.

Of course it is possible for a troll to cross the line, either when it appears to be spamming or really does derail things. Right now, it's very easy to read around them. But if they're not reported too, it's going to take longer before they cross it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast