Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 875 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Way to adjust angle of side monitors?

Newer Member
    Feb 2012

Way to adjust angle of side monitors?

Is there a way to adjust the angle of what is displayed on the side monitors? I really have turned mine inward, but they are at their limit. I thought that this setting could be altered in rFactor 1 by editing a file, but I didn't see anything like that in rFactor 2. Maybe it just isn't there yet?

Thanks,
    Russell

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I don't have side monitors myself but have you tried changing the Field of View (FOV) option?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    If you mean, for triple screen, using Multi view, I think it's not working ,yet.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Multiview known from rF1 has harcoded angles set.
    As far as I know, rF2 has this option not working at all. Hope it will be changed and improved giving possibility to setup multiple screen properties

Quote Originally Posted by DJCruicky View Post
    I don't have side monitors myself but have you tried changing the Field of View (FOV) option?
    Sorry to say, but you don't know what you are talking about.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I think he does know what hes talking about, its a good suggestion and a welcome one mite not be the answer the OP was looking for tho. Multiview works fine on my 5870 card and FoV improves angle on triple screen setups. Multiview off is for a flat setup with no angle. If you turn monitors at an angle u need to check multiview. Check config.ini if its being saved.

EDIT : I just checked your specs MaXyM you are NVidia user thats why its not working for you.
    Last edited by Bart S; 03-05-12 at 11:41 AM. Reason: more info

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @@MaXyM_SRPL 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Bart, I referred information from readme, where is stated that multiview is not supported.
    BTW: FOV has nothing to do with monitor angles.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

'Not supported' means we don't support it at this point, whether it works for some, or all, or none, is different to that.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Nov 2011
    Guys, I have an nvidia card and I'm sure the multiview is working for me at 5040 x 1050. BUT... it only works using the Configure Sim button in the Launcher. And it is a great feature, something I've longed for ever since I "went wide". I think I read somewhere that it is hard set at 45 degrees and after experimenting with it quite a bit I think that is true.

And for those who get it to work, you really MUST try using 25 degrees vertical FOV. I never raced "zoomed in" like that before doing my experimentations. But this FOV is a perfect match for the 45deg look-angle on the side monitors. It makes all the lines of perspective look natural. Funny thing is, once I got the perspective to look right the cockpit was very large and actually very natural looking. Like I'm "in" it. The on-screen steering wheel ends up being almost the same size as my Logitech!

And here's another benefit, with this FOV the lateral movements of the car are more visually amplified making the motion much easier to sense and react to. I think I will do an elaborate post someday with pictures to demonstrate what I've learned. I'm convinced it is the only way to go. I've read the posts of others saying essentially the same thing, like "let the monitor be your windshield" and now I'm a believer. But I came to this opinion independently.
    Last edited by Ricknau; 03-09-12 at 06:47 AM.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    +1