Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 879 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: lost souns of engines

PC Specification 

Feb 2012

lost souns of engines

For some reason I cannot hear the sound of the engines in most of the games. Anybody any idea?

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Do you mean all engine sounds in Rfactor 2 beta or every single game that is installed on your pc?
    Do you hear other sounds, tires screams, crash effects, menu music etc.?
    Windows 7, vista, xp OS?
    Give more information please on your system, where not fortune tellers or mind readers here.

PC Specification 

Feb 2012

Unhappy

Sorry for my lack of information.....I thought that everybody has a Cristal Ball..or were named "Mentalist".... But seriously: The engine sound is all I've lost in Rf2. I can hear the announcer and for instance my gearbox thumb when shifting (both very soft). I have Win7- 64 bit and a soundblaster Xfi.
    BUT....... maybe I've got the problem. In the windows settings configuration, sound, there you can adress your speakers and mic. In tab 4 you can adjust the setting for communication. This setti was at "mute audio for 80% when communicating". Since it is possible to communicate during the race, my system probably confused this with telecomunication like skype and did the "mute thing". I've adjust to "no further action" and when i tested the game, all audio was back. I really hope that this was the problem, or it will return and then i'm out...... for a while...

Mar 2012
    Same trouble with me too, also in W7 64bit... any thougths about this?