Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 606 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.
Didn't solve it Mario...
i checked everything including triangulation but the result is always the same no matter how many plane i made...
last palm that i tried i follow this tutorial from Luc
- Draw the Plane from top-left to bottom-right. This will put vertices 1 and 2 as the base line (which is used as the quad's pivot).
- Edit the Triangulation so the diagonal edge connects vertices 2 and 4 (again top-left to bottom-right).
- Select the quad's vertices (or select the entire polygon) and set the Vertex Alpha to a value other than 100.0. At ISI we usually use 90.0 for no real reason.
- Use a Stamp Vertex shader (for instance "Bump Specular Map T1 Stamp Vertex" - don't use the Alpha test version) and assign the material to the quad.
- In the Exporter's Instance rollout, look for the Screen-Aligned Quads subsection, tick BB and select the button with the arrow pointing down to center the pivot point on the base line (between verts 1 and 2).
bb and bottom.jpg
sorry for double post...
the one on the right have everything ready except vertex alpha that is still in 100. the one on the left i rotated it upside down 180º and flip texture to stay in right position but became small and not on the ground
When i set vertex alpha to 90 on the tree in right...
Note that i rotate this too to stay in "right" orientation.
Last one, the palm done with Luc tutorial
This was not rotated so become upside down
No more ideas here....
04-11-12, 11:57 PM
Looks like I need to run further tests myself to figure this out . Last time I checked, it really mattered how you draw the polygon (you can start in each corner).
I recheck my tree and my vertex order is different but billboard works. (in base is 1, 3 and top is 2, 4.
So i think the problem is the face orientation.
In my image z axis is perpendicular to the face and dash line is top-left to bottom-right.
try to flip the face.
Jesus christ, this is driving me crazy
Tried like you have Mario and don't work too but as i need to remap texture it don't appear upside-down.
It look's like the game automatically resize object in Z axis.
new vertex order.jpg
Next with vertex alpha 100
But when changed to 90....
I'm stuck and i don't want to move forward while this step isn't completed....
If you do it like from Luc's tutorial just mirror the UVW Mapping to turn it back onto its roots.
The vertex numbering in later 3ds max versions differs from what Luc described but if you work around that the system itself still works fine.
But ethone that is just one problem... game is resizing object in z axis and the bottom of plane won't stay on the ground after i define vertex alpha to 90
Did you try to reset x-form?
Yes, reset x-form comes to mind.
Does it rotate correctly?
Well, first i try to reset x-form in palm and it worked finally, after that i tried in the other and was a fight again even with reset x-form... but after more 15m trying i manage to put it working in second tree too.
But i must have some bug in my MAX... After palm work i tried to scale it but after exported nothing changed...
Again it only changed after do a reset x-form again.....
Is it normal?
just one more thing by now,
With chroma color in black i have that effect. a lot of zones that should be transparent but aren't... how can i make it look better? In rf1 i used to use green color but seems not working here, or probably just another MAX bug.... in other trees it seems to work perfect but not in this one... alpha chanel is not the problem because it's correct.