Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 1460 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Thread: rFactor LOGs

PC Specification @Pandamasque 

Registered
    Oct 2010

rFactor LOGs

It looks like there was not thread for discussions regarding LOGs so here it is.

My first question will be

Code:
    <Incident et="53.3">Driver NameA(44) reported contact (0.03) with another vehicle Driver NameB(55)</Incident>
    44, 55, 0.03 - What are those values all about?

PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Pretty sure 44 and 55 (so, the number following a driver's name) is just an index... start a server and the first person to join is 1, second is 2, etc. Gives you a differentiation between two drivers with the same name I guess. From what I've seen a driver who leaves a session and returns still gets a new index (rather than retaining their old one).

The number specified in contact, I'd be taking a guess, but it's something to do with the magnitude of the contact - smaller values are related to light taps, larger values (up to 1) seem to be heavier. Whether it's somehow a reflection of the calculated impulse (seems unlikely, because the value is never greater than 1.0) or the 'directness' of the impact (perhaps glancing hits are lower?), I'd only be speculating. Hopefully someone with more idea or experience can answer that one.

PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Oct 2010
    0.03 is the force of impact with 1.00 being the highest possible value.