Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
NRT Servers
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread and information may be out of date. The last post was 885 days ago. Please consider making a new thread.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Build 60: Can Feel Front Tire Wear, But Sadly No Visible Tire Wear

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Nov 2010

Thumbs up Build 60: Can Feel Front Tire Wear, But Sadly No Visible Tire Wear

Just finished a 20 laps race with 1960 F3 in Sepang Malaysia Full Loop.

At lap 11th, I began to feel the tire wear on front tires. My Logitech MOMO steering wheel will rattle in every corner, front tire grip will fade, understeer tendency is getting higher in every lap, and my lap times were getting slower.

AI seems to be affected by tire wear as well. In the last few laps, many of them will brake hard in corners or suffer from heavy understeer and went wide, or just enter the same corner slower than before. Nice!

The tire wear 'input' through FFB is very nice. If only the visible tire wear was implemented in build 60...

PC Specification 

I do believe in the 60's F1 teams would run more than one race on the same set of tires.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    When did they remove visible tyre wear?

Pics by someone named "John", Joesville, I'm assuming F3's were used:
    50 laps:

90 laps:

130 laps:
    Last edited by jubuttib; 02-23-12 at 07:20 AM.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    3rd picture is equal 2nd.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Apr 2011
    Nice shot, though the right-front tyre does nicely demonstrate the unfortunately plastic look of materials.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by CdnRacer View Post
    I do believe in the 60's F1 teams would run more than one race on the same set of tires.
    This is correct, yes, although that is for F1 - I'm not sure what the specification of F3 tyres were in the 60s but assume it to be the same or even more durable. In reality, these tyres should be pretty much bullet proof for a single race especially a relatively short 20 lap race at Sepang (only 110km).

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Nov 2010
    So, tire wear for 1960 cars in rFactor 2 is not accurate yet? Because after 11 laps the front tires will overheat in slow and medium corner, and front tire grip is gradually fading in this corner.

PS.
    I only did 20 laps race in Sepang using F3 cars. So my tire wear experience was solely based on 1960 F3 and Sepang. Haven't try it with other cars in other tracks.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Tyre temperature and wear are not the same thing though. Perhaps they tyres are getting too hot, which becomes exponential when you keep pushing harder, giving you a feel of tyre wear. I do remember that f1 teams went 2 or more entire meetings on 1 set of tyres. That includes the 2 races, all the practise and qualifying. Its safe to say these are a hard compound tread lol,

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Photo/Screenshot sharing profile Modding Group: F1C 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Those are my screenshots, but wear was not accelerated as it was set to normal. I really did drive 136 laps on Joesville in the F3 (default setup). At full screen resolution (2560x1440) in the original screen shot the wear was more noticable. Unfortunately with the shot reduced in size it is just not very noticeable in that third shot. The left tyre was only just starting to show wear. It is unfortunate that the tyre wear on the HUD is so unreliable as I wanted to see how long I could go to get a blow out. But after 45 minutes of continuous lapping I was stuffed.

Grip on the rubbered in line was still good, but as soon as I went off that line it was atrocious.

Quote Originally Posted by jubuttib View Post
    When did they remove visible tyre wear?

Pics by someone named "John", Joesville, I'm assuming F3's were used. Accelerated wear:
    50 laps:

90 laps:

130 laps:

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by fazerbox View Post
    3rd picture is equal 2nd.
    Whoops, fixed. =)
    Quote Originally Posted by John View Post
    Those are my screenshots, but wear was not accelerated as it was set to normal. I really did drive 136 laps on Joesville in the F3 (default setup). At full screen resolution (2560x1440) in the original screen shot the wear was more noticable. Unfortunately with the shot reduced in size it is just not very noticeable in that third shot. The left tyre was only just starting to show wear. It is unfortunate that the tyre wear on the HUD is so unreliable as I wanted to see how long I could go to get a blow out. But after 45 minutes of continuous lapping I was stuffed.

Grip on the rubbered in line was still good, but as soon as I went off that line it was atrocious.
    Good to know you're here too. Don't know why I thought you'd turned on accelerated wear, clearly I was mistaken. Fixed.

11.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Wear is working as intended right now. Doesn't mean finished.