Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Tracks
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The first update - Build 60

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Well just got a new graphics card, an nvidia GTX 560 TI and the performance is horrible on build 60. I get 2 yes 2 frames per second in Monaco, horrendous lag in the menus, menus overlapping each other and some weird problem with the HDR where it looks like someone set off a nuke at the start of the race. I'm ditching it immeadiately for the previous build.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #302
    Tim Wheatley's Avatar ISI Staff

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @timwheatley1979 YouTube Channel Twitch/Streaming Channel Photo/Screenshot sharing profile 

Quote Originally Posted by BYF View Post
    Thanks, I'll make a new driver (PLR) so everthing is reset and as it should be.

Edit: How do I remove the old driver and start a new one?

I deleted the Player folder in Userdata, but when I start the game there is no option to create a new driver and when I click player at the bottom of the main menu my old driver name is still there.
    You only have one player: You.

Just delete the ini file.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyk1985 View Post
    Well just got a new graphics card, an nvidia GTX 560 TI and the performance is horrible on build 60. I get 2 yes 2 frames per second in Monaco, horrendous lag in the menus, menus overlapping each other and some weird problem with the HDR where it looks like someone set off a nuke at the start of the race. I'm ditching it immeadiately for the previous build.
    If your profile is correct, then your RAM could do with an upgrade. Windows is using your hard drive page file as memory, just a guess.

rFactor 2 Not Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by DJCruicky View Post
    If your profile is correct, then your RAM could do with an upgrade. Windows is using your hard drive page file as memory, just a guess.
    I know it could do with an upgrade, my point was however that with build 49, which in theory should be an inferior version I am getting a rock solid 60+ frames per second. To go from this to unplayable clearly says something is wrong with the build in some way. Could be a conflict somwhere.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @apocalypse_dan Where I race Modding Group: YutaniDesign 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyk1985 View Post
    hi just curious how much Vram do you have on that card as the TI I think only get 1GB where as the 560 GTX has 2GB the GTX I get between 50/70 but I noticed that I am using 1300MB or 1.3GB of Vram this might be the problem
    try using something like EVGA Presicion or Afterburner and enable the In game Overlay make sure you set it up to show GPU ,VRAM usage and FPS Temp of GPU then in game you can see if
    1 you got enogh VRAM
    2 see how much GPU usage your getting should be 99%
    3 see if your GPU is getting to hot and dropping performance

Originally Posted by mikeyk1985
    Agreed 2GB of ram is not a lot for today PC

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Knowledgeable member
    New NV drivers are out (295.xx), please update so we're all more or less using the same driver base.

Cheers, Uwe

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I just applied the update on Win XP yesterday, and can report a big performance improvement on XP also, FPS went up significantly.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Tim,

Thank you for the update. Are there going to be any physics updates for the cars? I think the Formula Renault feels a little skittish at the moment, I'm not sure if that is something that is going to be adjusted. The car just still feels too easy to lose, maybe this is how it really drives?

Registered
    Jan 2012
    I had a bit of time on my hands so thought I would do benchmark graphs between the 2 build versions to give ISI some good feedback.
    I was very careful to use all the same settings.
    ConfigMenuA.jpgConfigMenuB.jpg
    Single player in race mode, driving behind 5 AI History F2 cars for 60 seconds.
    I used Fraps to give the average FPS
    One test with Windowed mode ticked and one with Windowed mode unticked of each build.

Not tried any benchmarks playing online.

RF2-MonteGraph.jpg

RF2-SpaGraph.jpg

A big step down for me on Monaco, but Spa is not as bad.
    Last edited by DJCruicky; 02-25-12 at 08:33 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Using MSI Afterburner on SPA track, 60 build, same test as above:-
    Windowed Mode ON
    Spa60GPU-WindowOn-5AI.jpg

Windowed Mode OFF
    Spa60GPU-WindowOff-5AI.jpg

CPU usage:
    Spa60CPU-WindowOn-5AI.jpg

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    This isn't a bug, because it's working as designed, but I want to mention a point about FXAA.

FXAA is an extremely fast anti-aliasing algorithm that gets its speed from reworking all pixels, not just the edges. Which means inner textures can become slightly blurred. It's not usually a problem, but I've noticed that turning OFF FXAA considerably sharpens the view of the road in the distance. If like me, you like to look ahead to see where the corners are coming, you'll get better information with FXAA off.

Registered
    Jan 2011

Cool SLI working now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristoff Rand View Post
    awesome increase in framerates... thanks alot.

triple 23" on (2) GTX 470's from 50-60fps before update to now 75-110 fps... you just saved me a few hundred dollars in graphic upgrades. I was about to make a jump.
    It appears that they have Nvidia SLI mode working fairly well now...is that the case? Sounds like it.

Mike

PC Specification 

Registered
    Feb 2012
    I got a 10-20fps boost, so it did help me out. I used the same settings and just switched over and I noticed a change. I've noticed the shadows on objects that are white in color seems a bit strange at this point. One of my crew members has a giant black shadow which looks like a grey spot on his/her suit. I do not have HDR enabled by the way. The shadows don't look very soft, but then again, I don't have shadow blur on. I will experiment some more with settings, but I think this improved things for me.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    I've got Steering lag so now rf2 almost unplayable

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I wonder if there is a common thing with the people that are having stuttering problems on their systems. Maybe a certain type of anti virus program or something. People with more powerful systems than mine seem to have major issues, and even the old build ran "OK" for me, but the update REALLY helped on my system. I only get stutters on the first lap ( and mainly just leaving the pits ) on my system, then it is smooth after that.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Just an opinion but while we having updates atleast till beta finishes ISI should by default disable replays for a start, when I disable replays a got a big fps boost, another thing has been the LOD Bias changing this gave me a big boost and I'm pretty sure my visial became sharper at a closer to '0' setting than standard.

Where I race 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    On track, 21 AI, raining
    Before replays turned of 43FPS
    Replays off 43FPS, no change there

285 Nvidia drivers 43fps (of course)
    295.73 drivers 48 fps, this is good

And no to ever asked, SLI hasn't been fixed yet but from a 60% drop in fps to a 5fps increase with the new build has at least stopped having to disable SLI, and again, this is good.
    Good Frames help a lot but a good CPU seems to stop the severe stuttering when close to other vehicles.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page 

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Turning mirrors off I get a huge fps boost, around 20-30 fps on an average rig, core2 duo e6850 - 4gb ram - win7 32 - ati 5700

PC Specification 

Registered
    Feb 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by PLAYLIFE View Post
    Turning mirrors off I get a huge fps boost, around 20-30 fps on an average rig, core2 duo e6850 - 4gb ram - win7 32 - ati 5700
    This is a good point. I think I should try turning down different setting and see where the differences are. I think if we can pinpoint various areas of the graphics where performance is lacking, that would greatly help ISI determine where the issues are as far as optimization are concerned.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Mirrors don't seem to make a big difference for me, maybe 5 FPS..Also tried disabling replays, and noticed no difference..The big ones for me are road and environment reflections, I take a pretty big FPS hit if those are enabled.