Home
News
rFactor 2
rFactor 1
Forums
Contact
Company
Technology
Image Space Inc. YouTube rFactor 2 Twitter Image Space Inc. Google Plus rFactor 2 Facebook
Mediafire
Try or Buy rFactor 2
$43.99/84.99 Windows Only PCDL
Download rFactor 2 Demo Now!
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: The first update - Build 60

Jan 2012
    Last edited by Richard Bauer; 02-18-12 at 11:05 AM.

Registered
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshua Healy View Post
    No I am not kidding you, but I do believe you are kidding yourself.

For a start, it wont take years to reach the quality of other sims because:
    A) 2 of the sims you mentioned are using the older version of this graphics engine
    B)There is an estimated 5 months left in the development cycle. This means not only will the graphics be updated, but the rest of the features will be implemented in that time.
    C) All of the games you mentioned are FULL RELEASE GAMES, games that have had their graphics tuned already due to private testing and then bug fixing after release.
    rFactor 2 is in BETA, not finished, still being worked on, etc, etc.

Also if Race On has better graphics, where is the night racing? Where is the HDR? Where is the dynamic (visual) driving line?
    I love the Race series as a whole but to say the graphics are better than what we have now in rFactor 2 is just being naive.
    I have been doing some laps now on GSC after spending 1h on rF2 and visually GSC is better for me. rF2 has HDR, but honestly, it looks so cartoonish that it looks much better without it, and the "only" visual improvement it's the lighting system (with terrible shadows but). An in the other hand I can run GSC with all maxed out and extremely smooth, on very high detailed circuits.

And by the way, beta is not alpha, I think people that expects a major graphic improvement will be very disappointed when the final version is released. You can expect small tweaking, but nothing more.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post
    I have been doing some laps now on GSC after spending 1h on rF2 and visually GSC is better for me. rF2 has HDR, but honestly, it looks so cartoonish that it looks much better without it, and the "only" visual improvement it's the lighting system (with terrible shadows but). An in the other hand I can run GSC with all maxed out and extremely smooth, on very high detailed circuits.

And by the way, beta is not alpha, I think people that expects a major graphic improvement will be very disappointed when the final version is released. You can expect small tweaking, but nothing more.
    Ohhh, finally someone knows what i'm talking about!! Thank you mister

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    I couldn't get the update to work as described.

My install is in C:\rFactor2 so moved file to C:\rFactor2\Updates and it worked.

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Domi View Post

I never said anything about a major graphics improvement, but it really doesn't need much. We still have 5 months of proposed development before rF2 is at a "Release ready" state and in that time a lot can/will happen.

Also there are a lot of things visually that make rF2 better then any Gm2 sim at the moment....
    1. HDR isn't exactly finished yet but it is nice (not great), we can already expect that to be tweaked more (it was already tweaked for the first update).
    2. The way the track visually forms a driving line throughout a session is great, and the driving line itself looks great. I can't directly speak for GSC but the Race 07 series and rF1 just seem to use a black smudge for a racing line, and it is always the same.
    3. Flatspots on the tyres are a great visual aid and no other Gm2 sim does this as far as I know, nKp does if I remember correctly though.
    4. As you said the lighting is greatly improved, especially when the sun is setting (except the sun glare is still bad).
    5. Shadows may be buggy, but the fact that the clouds also give off shadows and you can see them move across the circuit is great.

These are just 5 things I think are improved over Gm2 sims in terms graphics. pCARS is looking great so far but I haven't experienced that first hand yet, and GSC does actually look pretty good and I heard the AI is amazing in it.

I still maintain my statement:
    "I love the Race series as a whole but to say the graphics are better than what we have now in rFactor 2 is just being naive."

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dibbdroid View Post
    I couldn't get the update to work as described.

My install is in C:\rFactor2 so moved file to C:\rFactor2\Updates and it worked.
    You have to place it in the "My Documents\rFactor2\Updates" folder and the click "Update" from the rF2 launcher.

Newer Member
    Jan 2012
    You have to place it in the "My Documents\rFactor2\Updates" folder and the click "Update" from the rF2 launcher.
    No you don't if it doesn't work hence "I couldn't get the update to work as described".

PC Specification Facebook profile @tomasbeha Where I race 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Seems that the CTD on ALT+TAB when not in windows-mode has been fixed - great!

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dibbdroid View Post
    No you don't if it doesn't work hence "I couldn't get the update to work as described".
    Sorry, I misread your post....

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification @rFactor2Updates 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Build 60 uses my hardware much more efficiently now.

Min: 50
    Max: 100
    Avg: 77.3

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Facebook profile @NoLimit_GER Where I race LiveRacers Driver Page rF2 Rank Laptimes 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    I can report a big boost in FPS here as well, but I experienced one graphics card driver reset (monitor turns black and comes back after around 5 seconds) while racing online as well as 1 crash. Specs provided in my profile, driver version 295.51 for my nVidia. Overall those freezes and crashes feel very similar to the ones I experience with rFactor 1 when running it in DirectX 9 mode.

The new performance is pretty good with this build, I can race online with a mix of medium high settings even though still using my good ol' GTX285.

The "slowmotion-bug" didn't happen anymore here, even when racing on a full 30 player server, so this seems to be fixed.

Now, where's my Nissan GT-R?

Registered
    Oct 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by Rui Santos View Post
    Ohhh, finally someone knows what i'm talking about!! Thank you mister
    You must be kidding with all of us Rui.

First, how the hell you want that rfactor looks good with an 9600GT???? Max settings alone in track with 60fps? you are worrying all guys with high end machines here. That's an outdate card that probably play rfactor 1 in max settings, 20 cars with 60fps no more than that or you play @800x600?... Maybe.....

The more i play rF2 the more i love rF1... rF1 looks much more modern than rF2... rF2 looks like a 2001 game, even Geoff Crammond's GP4 had better graphics... won't touch it anymore until final version is released, hope it will be this year with such low development...
    This looks like joke too. I don´t understand... All Sims outthere are completely outdated in graphics, i just don't understand how the hell people are saying that this is a bull**** game.... The only problem for me are performance that clearly have a problem, but all the other things are milles ahead all others simracing games... Note that C.A.R.S for me will never be a Simulator...

And thats all... People are here to give feedback and help optimizing it, theres no need for persons that just want to take it down....

In portuguese: Cumprimentos e experimenta lá isso melhor

Registered
    Jan 2012
    It works from the program \Updates folder as well.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2011
    I think also that the "Rui Santos Fanclub" should cool it down and this thread be dedicated to feedback only of build 60.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuno Lourenço View Post
    You must be kidding with all of us Rui.

First, how the hell you want that rfactor looks good with an 9600GT???? Max settings alone in track with 60fps? you are worrying all guys with high end machines here. That's an outdate card that probably play rfactor 1 in max settings, 20 cars with 60fps no more than that or you play @800x600?... Maybe.....

This looks like joke too. I don´t understand... All Sims outthere are completely outdated in graphics, i just don't understand how the hell people are saying that this is a bull**** game.... The only problem for me are performance that clearly have a problem, but all the other things are milles ahead all others simracing games... Note that C.A.R.S for me will never be a Simulator...

And thats all... People are here to give feedback and help optimizing it, theres no need for persons that just want to take it down....

In portuguese: Cumprimentos e experimenta lá isso melhor
    First of all i'm not a liar...

In second i've seen it in friends home with all maxed out and i still think the graphics suck after all this time, also friends of mine have the same opinion...

In third Nuno, i can play at 58/60 FPS smoothly in Malasia with no AI, no HDR, settings on High, not FULL and 1680x1050, sometimes it stutters and come down to 48/50, you can come to my house, i can show you if someone is experiencing problems with GTS450 and other great graphic cards etçª it's kind of stupid IMHO and a programming problem, maybe i'm lucky...

In relation to your opinion it's your opinion, like i have mine, no need to argue about what i or you think, we're in 2012 and honestly rF2 graphics are simply awful, point. Like i said before the most i play rF2 the more i like rF1.

In Portuguese: O jogo está uma valente bosta e acredita que não vai melhorar muito mais graficamente, os replays até dão vontade de chorar, fica bem.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaageri View Post
    I think also that the "Rui Santos Fanclub" should cool it down and this thread be dedicated to feedback only of build 60.
    Lol, sorry mate i'm not posting anymore, just my disappointed opinion... stay well and sorry to bother.

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification 

Registered
    Oct 2010
    No, i can play with high settings at 60 FPS without AI and it sucks!! I play all other racing simulator games with max settings and the results are far better... too disappointed...
    your specs are very similar to mine, can you please post your exact detail settings, resolution etc etc? so I can figure out if I can get the same....cos at the moment I cant, only thing I cant think of is the 9600s RAM loss compared to yours.

Yours / Mine
    Model: Home Built
    CPU: Intel Core 2 duo E6750 @ 2.66GHz E8400 3.0ghz
    Motherboard: ASUS P5QL-PRO
    Memory: 6GB DDR3 4gb
    Video: Nvidia Gforce 9600 GT 1GB DDR3 9600GT 512mb
    Audio: onboard Realtek 5.1
    Internet Connection: 3 MB

rFactor 2 Validated PC Specification Modding Group 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcG View Post
    your specs are very similar to mine, can you please post your exact detail settings, resolution etc etc? so I can figure out if I can get the same....cos at the moment I cant, only thing I cant think of is the 9600s RAM loss compared to yours.

Yours / Mine
    You got a ASUS P5QL-PRO and DDR3??
    Sometimes its just funny here...

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcG View Post

Yours / Mine
    I'm at work right now not at home but later i can post that. Maybe your ram and video memory has some kind of influence in performance. Also i did all those tricks people suggested here like changing .plr file, etçª

Cheers.

PC Specification 

Registered
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by modmate View Post
    You got a ASUS P5QL-PRO and DDR3??
    Sometimes its just funny here...
    Lool, for sure he was refering to the video memory, a mistake...

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast